News / NE4 Genesis

• Wanted%s's Photo
    What are you guys talking about? Verification???
  • Sfguy%s's Photo
    Holy crap. I know I'm just a lurker, but I got a little concerned when I saw the site down yesterday. I thought you pulled a CoasterSims and would randomly close down. Boy am I surprised.

Nice job on the new site. It looks awesome.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^I have no idea.

I forgot to thank Posix and Geewhzz for this, I was too excited to formulate thoughts (I was having to go back and retype every word because of my misspellings in the frenzy).

Soon I will have a different flag! Does it update automatically or do I have to pm Posix about it?

Also, 28???!!!???

Edited by Cocoa, 08 July 2010 - 04:00 PM.

• Splitvision%s's Photo
    Go to your profile and you'll see it. You have to download a savegame which contains a message with the verification code and then enter it here to verify that you own the game. I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong though, I'm entering the exact code given in the message but it still tells me it's wrong.

All the new features and the new graphical interface just doesn't stop to impress me. I predict an increase in general activity on the site and in productivity. The rankings system is just brilliant and will help this site a lot. It's all really professional looking, I can't believe you just learned all of this stuff Gee. Both you and posix have done such an awesome job.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    wow for the 46th time.

hate to nag after what you guys went through, but anywhere to change the skin color to white or so. the last skin i used was the white/red ne v2 skin. i fell in love with the white background and red accents. i just cant get myself into the blue. not sure what it is.

but again, amazing stuff.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Strange, I can't find any verification savegame on my profile..
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Still can't find it splitvision haha
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Go to "My Settings", top left of this page.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Don't see a download anywhere -_-
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Grrr cant verify games till i get home. Oh well

Loving the share system. Just Added Mantis and Evil WME's shares to Arnos Springs :)
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    wanted click on "verify game", it's to the left of the field where you enter the code. Seriously though, it doesn't work for me.

BTW the database is really the pinnacle of NE4. Such a great tool for storing, sharing and comparing parks and also it's neat to be able to have all of one's own parks stored here so that one doesn't have to upload unreleased stuff to rapidshare or w/e. Once again I'm amazed by the effort.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Split:
    No joke, there is neither "Verify Game", nor a field to enter any code there.

Edited by Casimir, 08 July 2010 - 04:23 PM.

• Wanted%s's Photo
    Maybe I'm half retarded. Could you take a picture and circle it?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    You have to click verify game and you get the download. w00ps sorry. didnt realise everyone had already said this. my mistake.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Like Wanted, I have no idea what this "Verify Game" you all seem to be talking about.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Great to see this launch! Been alone with Curtis and posix working on screens and testing stuff (tho not building the site, HUGE props to them for that) here for months :lol:

It's rare I like new things and a couple of years ago when gee said he was working on doing NE4 I was not that excited about it. Just ever since I saw it I have been very impressed. I really love what they have done. I really did leave (or let slip, lol) NE in good hands.

I will miss the NE Parkmaker category, but those rankings are awesome. nate, im coming for that #1 spot :p

So again, amazing work guys! :mantis:

Oh and I think the verify the games is only for panelists.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Wow, you guys are fucking gods. What a nice present to get when home from work.

On a serious note though, thank you so much guys for putting a lot of your time into this. You guys are the shit
    -JDP
  • posix%s's Photo
    to clarify on the game verification, this is only available to people who have "ne jobs", meaning logo artists, panelists and write-up authors. they also have the "my jobs" entry in the ribbon. people who do not have jobs don't need to verify games, thus it doesn't show for them.

when we are recruiting new people, everyone will have a chance to join this :)

split, the verification worked fine for me too :| maybe try to log out, log back in, download another verification park, and try again. it really should work. also be careful not to mix up 5 and S or I and L. in rct's font this can often look very similar.

edit: the flags update every time you log in, so they should show your correct location automatically.
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    Posted Image

I just realized this might only be for relprep/panelists. In any case I can't get it to work.

EDIT: That clarifies it a bit posix. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Split, everytime you click "Verify Game" it dispenses a new saved game file with a NEW code in it. So make sure you're loading the correct file to get the code, and make sure you copy it correctly. If for some reason you're having trouble, redownload it and try a new code. Once you have games linked to your account you can start helping with prep work.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading