News / NE4 Genesis

• prodigy%s's Photo
    WWWOOOWWW!!! Absolutely brilliant!!!
    I just fall off my chair when I opened the site today...
  • posix%s's Photo
    just a quick notice: of course, all of the content from the old parkmakers pages has been saved. including the writeups. but you can imagine that copy/pasting ALL writeups into the "comment" boxes on people's "my parks" pages was just too much work to deal with. we will probably allow people to do it by themselves sometime in the future. for now, let ne4 sink in a little and let us fix things that are still buggy.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Wow, already!? Awesome! Thank you so much for the useful effort!
  • riven3d%s's Photo
    looks great guys
  • Levis%s's Photo
    found another bug.
    on the parks page when you add a description to a grouppark it places all builders under each other instead of rows.
    example
  • Sey%s's Photo
    Wow, you guys put so much effort in the new profiles! :)

I really like the new design, thanks a lot!
  • magmoormaster%s's Photo
    Wow, this is quite incredible. The overviews don't seem to be working though... And is there an easier way to search for older accolades than by looking thru everything?
  • postit%s's Photo
    This is so so great. You guys have revitalized the community. It is so nice to be around right now. Well done to both of you for your incredible dedication.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Really well done guys! NE4 looks stunning! The hard work has paid off. Hope you two think it has. :)

It hard to get used but I'll get there. But I can't seem to find the old releases subforum on the forum?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I just submitted a non-competitive park to see how it works. It works wonderful. I really love it.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    My reaction to opening Nedesigns.com-----> :eek:

Btw, I resubmitted one of the parks in the 'My Parks" section because it had no file.

Edited by Top Gun, 08 July 2010 - 02:34 PM.

• Ride6%s's Photo
    Hmm...

The new site design reminds me of ICCUP, one of the big privately owned websites that supports Blizzard's online games (Starcraft, Warcraft III, and DoTA)... The design is similar and includes guides, ranks, with country distributions etc. In a way I'm sad to see the parkmaker system go, but this seems vastly more dynamic and far better at representing a player current and all time "stock" so to speak. I think a lot of the 'parkmaker curse' was simply caused by when in someone's life they achieved parkmaker status. I ended up grabbing that prestigious rank very late in my high school career, so going off to college has greatly decreased my output (besides contests anyway, QFTBX, H2H5, etc have been since). Mostly because I have a more active academic and social life outside of the game these days. And I don't play it when I don't want to unless I'm assisting someone else with something.

But regardless this is certainly a pleasant surprise given that I saw the site being down as a bad thing... But now I see that it wasn't 'downtime' it was a rebirth. I'm uncertain as to how much this will ultimately prolong the life of the site without a new classically-styled (iso view etc) rct game. But I've been coming back all along and I certainly have no intention of ever stopping.
  • Sey%s's Photo
    At the moment it's not possible to reply in H2H-Team Forums and I really need to kick Liam's ass now! :p
    "You do not have permission to view this topic."
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Bug: The "my topics" section of my profile only shows the 8 most recent topics and nothing else.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    All I can say is that NE4 is bringing some old folks back to the game. Bravo
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Wow, great job guys.. I was talking to sey this afternoon and we both wondered what happened to ne.. I had a feeling you guys were launching ne4 and when getting back to the front page I noticed that logo.. It didn't rang a bell immediately but when I viewed the properties of the picture in firefox I noticed another picture; the ne1/2/3 and 4 layout! Both me and sey were wondering how long it would take for NE4 to come online and I was pretty thrilled when I came home NE4 was up and running!

I'm really stunned by all the hard work you guys put into this, especially reading what trouble you both got through.. So gee got himself to learn how to code in php? That's pretty amazing, and it must've been frustrating indeed when you converted that database and didn't use it in the end..
    The graphic/web design is great too, awesome job posix!

And then the park database! I know it was an eyesore of you posix seeing all those parks/accolades in a chaotic and unsearchable design, and wow, I still can't believe how useful and practical this is! It works like a charm, and the integration into the whole site is phenomenal! I probably wouldn't ever know how gee got this code to work, but it's simply amazing.. Getting all those parks in there must have been an immense workload..

The ranking system probably is the best invention ever! Like ride6, I also must get used to seeing the 'NE Parkmaker' achievement gone, but what we got back is like 100000000x better and ensures people will continue building and not stop once they achieved Parkmaker status.. It looks like you guys really knew what you were doing and the awarding system/multipliers seem fair too.. Getting a Spotlight now really is rewarding! :D

The release pages look beautiful too, even better than previously. The My Parks feature rocks and basically gives every member of this site an own Parkmaker page where they can edit everything and write about the creation of a park next to it. The submit a park feature seems like it will save you guys tons of time, and it's easier for members to submit something too.. I also like those flags next to the usernames so you know where a parkmaker is from..
    I got a lot of red bars in My Jobs/accolade voting btw! :p Great work on that too..

I probably missed a ton of new features too, but this is the best that ever happened to NE for sure!
    I hope more old parkmakers will come back and stay hooked!

SF
  • posix%s's Photo

My reaction to opening Nedesigns.com-----> :eek:

Btw, I resubmitted one of the parks in the 'My Parks" section because it had no file.

hey, thanks, but please do not do this. thank you for sending me a pm with the name of your submission so i can delete it. just give us the file by attaching it to your pm and we can add it to the already existing db entry of your park.

when a download or map is missing, it usually just means that we didn't get around to adding it yet because we just have SOOO many parks that it takes a while. but we could do the majority of major releases, and since the site's features were ready, and since epws was ready, too, we saw no sense in waiting any longer.

thanks for the bug reporting. we will certainly look into it. but please understand that we're kinda overwhelmed at the moment due to the 28 new submissions (!!!) we've received in the last few hours alone. plus, the old finishing work and other bug fixes.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Guys....the best stuff on earth...just got....better.

Awesome work guys, this is officially state-of-the-art.
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    Is it only me who can't get the RCT2 verification to work? I've downloaded the verification park and entered the code but it tells me it's wrong.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    It worked perfect here.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading