Ask the Experts / [Tutorial] Merging on Windows 7

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Pinned.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    That's a pain in the ass to merge. Lol.
    So what's less annoying - setting up RCT on a Virtual PC or hacking this way. I'm about to find out I suppose ;)

"MFG"
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Hacking this way is a lot less hassle. Think about it, how often do you really need to merge? Compared to how often you open RCT2?
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Yeah but when you merge and have track underneath your merge you need to delete all the track parts underneath and so on. Also if you want to make more out of the merge, like invisible track or working bbs for example it gets more and more complicated. ;)

And you can only merge flat parts and no slopes (near loops etc...) together.

I could be wrong, though.

"MFG"
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I merged slopes in the same way :S
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    I'm having a problem with this hack. Everything goes fine until I click the test button.
    Then, nothing happens, and trains don't appear at the station. Also, the vehicle tab disappears.
    If I click on the vehicle tab, I get an Error Trapper.
    Please help.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    ^I had that problem too, but on windows XP, and what I did was:
    1. uninstall 8cars
    2. re-install 8cars
    3. Now should be working
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    That actually helped. I just have to use version 1.21.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    New problem.
    Posted Image
    It runs fine until the loop. Then I get another error trapper.

The train derails if I put it in launch mode.
    Posted Image
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    It means you didn't merge it correctly.

I'd elaborate but, it's cinco de mayo and me and Patron are
    forging a rather intimate relationship ATM.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    To specify: does the part of track that you are going to raise really need to be colored differently?
    Also, for the first raise, do you really need to input the specified height of the track?

I have not been doing either, however the station hack works.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Ive tried to merge with Win7 using this way on both 1.32 and 1.302. Both give me an error trapper. Does the part you merge have to be completly straight, and both tracks have to be the same direction?

EDIT: Actually, any real hacking (e.g station hack) will not work even though I am using the correct technique.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Both tracks have to be in the same direction. The tracks also have to be compatible. I find that some tracks when you try merge them together (Basically when you try merge a normal coaster with a 'small' coaster like the wild mouse) that you'll always get error trappers.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Woodie and Sitdown B&M should work, right?

The tracks were in the same direction, I just wanted to see if it was otherwise.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Yeah they should work. Which point do you get an error trapper at, when you turn the ride on? When you try to maximize the Rct window again? When the train gets to the merge?
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Yeah they should work. Which point do you get an error trapper at, when you turn the ride on? When you try to maximize the Rct window again? When the train gets to the merge?

When It gets to the merge.
  • trav%s's Photo
    That means that you've done something wrong with the actual merging along the way I think. I can't help you any more than that unless you go into a bit more detail or send me the file so I can take a look at it.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    What operating mode do you have the ride set to?
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Boat Hire mode.
  • trav%s's Photo

I don't think that should matter if it crashes when it gets to the merge rather than when he first turns the ride on.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading