Ask the Experts / [Tutorial] Merging on Windows 7

• Milo%s's Photo
    Ok that's what I thought. The merge isn't working but the source of the error trapper is from the operating mode being boat hire, rides in boat hire mode aren't supposed to be able to crash so it causes the error. That still leaves the problem of the merge not working, resulting in the ride crashing as it gets to it.

I will say that for inexperienced players or just general testing, powered launch mode is a better choice.
  • imawesome1124%s's Photo
    I tried this, absolutely nothing happens when I try to raise the track. I'm using 8cars version 1.302 and I downloaded it from the link Xtreme97 posted, so I know the .dll isn't bad.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    I've noticed that with recent updates 8cars isn't working as well as it used to. Try opening 8cars before opening the game, that solved some of my problems (with coasters coming up as having no trains or whatnot) it might help
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Thanks a lot turbin.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    tried this and 8cars doesn't seem to lower shit for me, not even raising, I followed all the steps, made the right calculations but nothing happened... it all just remained there like it used to be, do I need to add in an extra units down if I want to do this with slanted pieces or doesn't it work that way?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yes, in some instances, the merging wont always want to work.

But for slanted pieces, you just need to increase the 'catchment' in mom by 1 or 2 units each way to ensure you can raise/lower it
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    I'm having some issues merging via this method.. It worked for me the first time that I tried it on a little test coaster but now (a few weeks later) I've tried it -- followed the guide step by step and everything -- only to result in an error trapper. I read through the comments and saw that Milo suggested using powered launch mode to see if the merge worked correctly and the ride itself crashes. D:

I've followed the guide thoroughly and carefully on three or four different attempts but I can't seem to merge successfully anymore. Does anybody know what's going on here? Am I doing something really fucking stupid or what?

Alternatively, does anybody want to merge my Schwarzkopf looper together? :party:/>
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    The crashing means that there's something wrong with the merge (error trap results when you crash anything on boat-launch mode). Honestly an easier way to do it (at least for one-way merges) is to build one piece of track from the approach 10ft above the other track, instead of using two different MOM steps to do it. Try this, see if it works. Honestly it's the only thing I ever do, because it's not something I really use (plus if it doesn't make it, it means I'm still dialing up the ride).
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    Does anybody know how to merge a ride but for it to still have blocking capabilities? This technique is best demonstrated on every merged ride in StormRunnerFan's Mysterium Adventures. I've tried figuring it out but I can't seem to get it. Anybody know?

edit: Nevermind, I figured it out on my own.
  • GammaZero%s's Photo

How did you do that? I wanna know too. 

• Levis%s's Photo

the trick is the game still needs to find a continues circuit when you open/test the ride. as long as you manage that you can do whatever you want.

• GammaZero%s's Photo

Yeah, I've just seen a tutorial on how to do that.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Sorry for the bump but using this tutorial I managed to merge tracks for the first time. Thanks!

• nicman%s's Photo

For all you beginners, I recommend using openrct2, makes merging so easy.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Please stop posting crap.
  • GammaZero%s's Photo

For all you beginners,

What does that make you bud?

• Faas%s's Photo

Could you please give me some more tips nicman?

• trav%s's Photo

This kid is pretty funny.

• nicman%s's Photo

Could you please give me some more tips nicman?

So to do it, just enable zc then go build your track and merge then just  build one piece into the other and it will merge, very easy! 

• GammaZero%s's Photo

whooooooooosh

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading