Theme Park Discussion / fave inversion?

• Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Cobra rolls have to be the most overrated inversion, at least on sit-downs. Honestly, most of my favourite rides don't even have inversions, so there's what I've got to say.

But if I had to pick one, the zero-g roll.
  • REspawn%s's Photo

Port Aventura appears to be a beautiful park though, throw in some kickass rides it's worth it.

Absolutely. The theming really is awesome and especially with Furious Baco (which opened a while ago but I've not been since) - I really want to go back and I've been 5 times already.

smooth and graceful, and are also some of the most beautiful coasters on the planet.

Dragon Khan especially, it feels so fluid. You can see it from every corner of the park as well as from the seaside resorts (Salou et al) nearby, just this twisted mass of red metal adorning the skyline.

REspawn is not an employee of Port Aventura nor any of its partners.

Though I don't have all that much experience with coasters, I really do think DK is difficult to beat.
  • magmoormaster%s's Photo
    Intamins are smooth as well, and they do more unique track layouts. The layout is the most important thing for a roller coaster, and most of B&M's layouts are complete garbage.
  • fraroc%s's Photo

and most of B&M's layouts are complete garbage.

The only layout I never liked was hydra's I love the oblique immelmann but the the fact that it has a cobra roll directly after a corkscrew is somthing I would have done in rct1 when I was 5.
  • magmoormaster%s's Photo
    Well, I'll be honest; I haven't been on very many. I'm using Kraken as my main example, which is fine considering most of their layouts are very similar. Inversion after inversion after inversion doesn't make a good ride, IMO.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    my favorite inversion isn't an inversion. It's an non-inverted loop!
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    ^like Hollywood RRR? That is a cool ride 'cept it has like 90 brake runs :p haha jk its actually only 5, but nevertheless cool imo.

I like sidewinders on many SLC's, basically the inverted coaster's version of Kumba's fave the sea-serpent roll.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading