Theme Park Discussion / fave inversion?

• Jaguar%s's Photo
    I like Immelmanns and heartline rolls, but my favorite has to be the traditional teardrop loop.
  • magmoormaster%s's Photo
    Dive loops and corkscrews.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Sickest inversion for me is the butterfly loops of Goudurix in park asterix...
    Really intense inversion
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    NORWEGIAN LOOP!!!! :D
    http://cache.rcdb.co...cmax/p14345.jpg
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    The dive loop on Bizzaro by far my favorite inversion. My second would have to be any pretzel loop.
  • fraroc%s's Photo

The dive loop on Bizzaro by far my favorite inversion. My second would have to be any pretzel loop.

I dont give a shit what six flags calls it, Its still Medusa to me.
  • John%s's Photo
    That might be fair if they hadn't repainted, rethemed, or added several "special effects" plus a soundtrack to the ride. I'm glad they did something, though, because the whole Medusa theme (using that term loosely) was pretty lame to begin with.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think most Intamin inversions look pretty awkward for the most part? They are into this whole let's-build-rides-with-awkward-transitions mode that makes their designs pretty ugly.
  • fraroc%s's Photo

Is it just me, or does anyone else think most Intamin inversions look pretty awkward for the most part? They are into this whole let's-build-rides-with-awkward-transitions mode that makes their designs pretty ugly.

It dosent matter anyway, their rides are amazing and as smooth as glass. Maverick and stormrunner are my favorites.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    Intamin's elements definitely aren't as smooth appearing as B&M's but for the most part they provide the same effect. B&M just happens to stick with a formula while Intamin will get a bit more exotic in their designs.
  • panther33%s's Photo
    Mine would have to be the cobra roll off of Alpengiest. I just got done riding it last week! The back row is the best experience for that ride.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    How the fuck am I the first person to say Sea Serpent Roll?!

Posted Image

Also love the batwing on Montu, B&M incline loops and if it's a non-B&M inter-locking loops.
  • REspawn%s's Photo
    Basically all of the ones on this maginficent beastie here:

Posted Image

Though the cobra roll and dive loop are my favourites.
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    I want to ride dragon kahn so badly how expensive is it to fly from JFK to madrid?
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo

I dont give a shit what six flags calls it, Its still Medusa to me.

I say Dive Loop on Bizzaro because I like the extra fire they added. A dive loop on Medusa would just be a dive loop, which is nothing special.
  • zburns999%s's Photo

I want to ride dragon kahn so badly how expensive is it to fly from JFK to madrid?

Port Aventura is closer to Barcelona. In fact, I believe it's only about an hour by train. I desperately wanted to visit last month when I was there, however on a limited budget (both time and money), an hour train ride to a theme park is really out of the question no matter how awesome said theme park might be.

But yeah, the concept of flying from JFK to Madrid (?) soleley to ride a two minute-long coaster is one of the dumber things I've heard haha. But good luck.

As for inversions, I'm quite the fan of Storm Runner's "Flying Snake Dive," as well as pretty much every inversion on Raptor at CP, as it takes them all so damn fast.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Port Aventura appears to be a beautiful park though, throw in some kickass rides it's worth it. Well the train ride maybe, not the plane trip. If I had I plane ticket directly to any coaster in the world for free that would probably be it. Or something stupid like mean streak or son of beast haha.
  • magmoormaster%s's Photo

B&M just happens to stick with a formula

That translate to: I'm going to build rides with nothing but inversions!! That won't be boring at all!!!
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    ^Why are you hating on B&M's? Definitely my favorite manufacturer.....they're smooth and graceful, and are also some of the most beautiful coasters on the planet.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

and are also some of the most beautiful coasters on the planet.

Nah, I think wooden coasters are the most beautiful rides on the planet.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    some b&ms look shit.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading