Contests / H2H6?

• Kumba%s's Photo
    last year we cut out JKay because he would not be playing. It is just much more even if all the captains play and are skilled at RCT/H2H. Otherwise you have to give the non-playing captain an extra draft pick and figure out where in the draft to give them that extra pick.

Non-playing captains are pretty annoying imo. They just tell people what to do and the whole time you know they can't help. iris doing it is one thing since he rarely played RCT and was the webmaster, but in your case we know your a good parkmaker.

I don't think I could be as effective as a captain if I could not play. It helps that I can jump onto a park to pick-up the pace if something comes up for a teammate. Also I like to give myself parks with players that are late picks that other players are less enthusiastic to play with (like ekimmel, aeroglobe and Jacko Shanty.)

I hope you sign up to be a playing captain Louis. I personally will not support having non-playing captains, unless it is a last resort and I don't think it should be.
  • J K%s's Photo
    ^ Agreed, the better players always have to step up and churn out work at some point. It would drive me crazy knowing I couldn't do a thing if my team were struggling.
  • Levis%s's Photo

Chapelz - The Secondmen

_0_ :SA:

@ robbie -> thats what I had last time ;) and it made me become a captain in the end :p .

I'd love to be a hurricane again. but if someone wants to captain the (new) elementalists again I would love to be part of that team also :p .
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Elementalists ftw!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Frying Hermans > Elementalists
  • Splitvision%s's Photo
    ^lol

I'd really be up for a H2H, and if we do have one in the summer I might even have the time to do it.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Go whatever team I get on! (if I get on one)
  • nin%s's Photo
    I'd actually consider being captain as I nearly was in h2h5 :lol:
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Dooooo it doooo it dooo it
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I'll be unavailable from mid-may to early august, but if anyone wants me before/until then I'm game.
  • panther33%s's Photo
    Id like to participate. But not be a captain.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    i'd be SO down for this.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    I'm getting rather excited. Think I might participate this time.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    If it happens soon I would be in, if it happens in the summer probably not, cause I have to write my diploma thesis from April 1st till August 31st. But I think as captain I would join in any case.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Seems a lot of people can't build from April to August! :) Let's start now!!
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I agree. It's now (/soon) or after the summer.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Yeah and im starting to think do we really need the codes to vote? We could just say screw it and let every team member vote for their own park since it will just cancel out in the end. That could also be a great way to make sure that every member apart of a team is here to see their team park release. Obviously once on the site they will check out their team forums to check if any updates have occurred getting them more involved with the contest. (A lot more voting would probably also take place since a couple people had trouble with the codes last season).
    -JDP
  • Levis%s's Photo

If you start now the mainshare of attention (finals etc) will probally be in that period.
    cause preperation etc will still take a month or so (at least you wont be able to start before january 1 probally) then you need to draft etc and captains need time to check out the people and people need to sign in. so you probally wont start building until february if your lucky.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    guys let's not build hype before gee has had his say. he doesn't get paid for any of this, and both him and posix have only just released a new version of new element! personally i think we're rushing them. if they want to do it, then fantastic. i'm not going to pretend i know what their opinion is. i'm just trying to put myself in their shoes.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^agreed.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading