(Archive) Advertising District / Muskoka Grove

• Cena%s's Photo

Ya know, now that I look at it, the colors are too camouflage. Not sure it you wanted it hidden, but IMO it would look better with some colors that make it stand out better. Other than that, like I said, it's pretty sick now that you added foliage.

Posted Image
    Posted Image

More here: http://rcdb.com/3936.htm
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Even in those pics, the coaster stands out more than what robbie has. It was just a suggestion.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    My contribution to the realism debate: I just wanted to point out that you have al little stone on the railway rail. you certainly don't want the train to derail, do you?

For the rest, I find it looks all very nice.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    You know the RCT is beyond great when you have people debating over the realism of foliage growing over footers and a rock on a railway line :p

Robbie, I would take all these posts as positive rather than negative. Your sheer amount of skill for this game is really special.

I still think you need to work on the compactness though :p
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

Posted Image

Something's lurking in the woods of Muskoka...

Cottage country goes coaster country, only at Muskoka GroveĀ©

just bringing it over.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Only complaint i have is the colors of the coaster. Everything else looks fantastic as always robbie. And as wicksteed said, some of your rocks are crossing over the track.
  • Phatage%s's Photo

You know the RCT is beyond great when you have people debating over the realism of foliage growing over footers and a rock on a railway line :p

Robbie, I would take all these posts as positive rather than negative. Your sheer amount of skill for this game is really special.

I still think you need to work on the compactness though :p

Agreed on all those points (especially the last line!), but I'm sure Robbie already knew them. The point isn't to start an argument but to help him make the best park he can. It's just a matter of what he's going for that is being discussed as he's obviously talented enough to execute what he wants to.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    :drool:
  • posix%s's Photo
    While it looks nice, there is an overemphasis on foliage, and an underemphasis on theming.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^yah, thats sort of true, it is a bit too realistic
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I hope that train is about to go back to the future, because otherwise it's about 1 second away from a major disaster. Pretty screen though. I like all the overgrown grass and the supports around that water tower.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Reply Time! I'm just going to respond to some of the more "standout" comments, which are mainly concerns or issues with the design of the ride/foliage/atmosphere/etc.

Phatage: I do agree with the issue of the compactness and the supports. I'm working on improving the supports to better fit real-life models. About the compactness, while not terribly compact, I'm pretty happy with the way the design worked out overall. My main issue with going back is that the entire ride is already supported and already went through some extensive hacking by CP6, so I'm a little apprehensive to undo all of the work. As far as the foliage goes, I'm going to redo all of it to make it appear more as new-growth rather than spared trees. The reason why I used this specific model is that it fits the cheap, thrilling choice that I wanted the park to go with. The custom Eurofighters seem to go with parks with a little more room for financial ability, while this model goes into some smaller parks. In the park history, this comes a year or two after the park's largest addition, so I envision the park as still recovering from that expenditure. However, take everything I say with a grain of salt, and I'm still extremely appreciative of your comments for this.

Turtle: The green track was meant to camouflage the coaster in a way, but I agree with the general consensus that it's not quite working out, so I'm going to play around with black and darker greens.

Louis: See reply to Phatage

Gijssie: I would say that prodigy and I have similar styles that developed independently. Obviously, we were both influenced by the usage of smaller coasters with elaborate support structures. Like he mentioned, we're also influenced by CP6, but I see a lot of RRP influence in this park and his work as well, so that may explain it. However, it's an honor to hear that such a wonderful player like prod was influenced in any way by my work.

Louis: Yeah, I can see that. Haha... A little controversy in a topic is great, and I love having people debate over realism.

Posix: Interesting thought. The general concept behind the theming of the ride is that the foliage itself almost creates theming, since it's deliberately planted there by builders post-construction. The station itself is moderately themed as well. In general, the whole park will be lightly themed. It's not a Disney or Universal park, so it won't be elaborate. At the same time, it's not a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park, so there will still be theming. The theming elements shown for the first version of the park, like the Victorian architecture of the entry, or a more frontier-ish area, are retained in this version as well. However, this being a small local park, there's no elaborate theming elements, but generally themed facades and smaller thematic elements. However, a park of this size wouldn't spend more money to add theming to a coaster when they're marketing the thrill behind it, rather than a sensory experience.

Cocoa: Although I'm assuming you mean that as a concern, I can't help but to feel complimented for making something "too realistic."

About the trains/rocks: Those were lost in a file transfer, when I transfered the wrong file, so I'm redoing all of that regardless, and will take all comments into consideration.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    I just looked at my post in here and couldn't help but feel it was a bit rude:

^ I'm sorry, but phatage can rip robbie a new one.. if Phatage would just work on a new release.. he would prove this to you.. But to me, he's already proved it with past work.

Old school RCT FTW.

And the proof= in-game, boy.

Sorry about that Robbie. Looking back at your screens I believe I was quite wrong. You have great and mighty RCT abilities, and might just top Phatage in regards to park making.

:nod: :) :D

• robbie92%s's Photo
    ^LOL, I agree with your first post. Phatage CAN rip me a new one, and he's more than proved himself in-game already. It'll take me quite a while to get to a similar level to his, regardless.
    ^ well above all I felt it was rude (just the way I worded it). Just wanted to apologize. ;)
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^Ya know...true love means never having to say you're sorry.
    Silence Kongy. Robbie must be mine.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Uhhhh...I wasn't claiming him, FreakshowiCo.....just questioning your devotion.

Now let's let him have his topic back, kay?
    FreakshowiCo? Good one, Kongy. But I do believe you're the one who took it off topic.

So shove your tonge in a vacuum cleaner.

Maybe now we can get back on topic, but due to the overwhelming pride of Kongy, he'll try to get the last word and look like a badass on a message board where kids play a video game.
  • robbie92%s's Photo

Posted Image

Cottage country goes coaster country, only at Muskoka GroveĀ©

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading