(Archive) Advertising District / Muskoka Grove

• prodigy%s's Photo
    ^loool... clearly Gerstlauer...
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    If you're going for accuracy, you've really missed the mark on the standard eurofighter model. Your recreation doesn't capture its compactness at all, the supports don't seem as accurate as somebody with your talent is capable of (see first screen), and with the "standard model" support system, the park would have to chop down most vegetation. The first screen is great although it looks like you didn't achieve the compactness with the Schwarzkopf either, but the surrounding area including the supports are very well done.

With the second screen, one thing that parks do sometimes do is plant new trees within the support grid; the pic below seems pretty much what you're going for and you can see that while the park achieves the forested atmosphere, the only vegetation inside the coaster footprint other than grass is newly planted trees.

Posted Image
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Those are all really good concerns. As far as supports go, I used this as the guide: http://www.rcdb.com/3573.htm?p=17151. For foliage, that's an issue I was having. I want the same feel as Falcon, but as if there'd been two years between construction of the ride and the "present" day, giving these planted trees time to grow. I can try thinning the middle foliage out to look like relatively newer trees though. As far as compactness, I played around with compactness on both, but in the end, I sacrificed that compactness for more flowing, aesthetically-pleasing layouts that better fit the in-game flow for me. To be honest, based off of the screens I used for reference, the Eurofighter supports are more accurate than the Looping Star's, considering all LS models were permanent and used freestanding supports rather than a grid on a concrete pad, which I did to get the feel I wanted. I'm still conflicted on the EF's foliage, though, so the comments are good for helping me figure that out.
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    The most time of the 2 years of construction, the coaster was stored at Gerstlauer cause the permission of the park to build it was revoke, so the actual constrution time was normaly short and right before the opening. That's what I've heared about it.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    the only real problem I have with that is the rocks on the train and the coaster colours. Maybe a more cheetah hunt scheme or even that purple one above would work better.
  • 7Thumbs%s's Photo
    Nice!
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Why not make a custom design Eurofighter then? Their supports would allow a theoretical construction crew to not remove as much foliage and you can achieve better flow without heavily compromising the style. They're not really the most flowing of styles in the first place though. Also the supports in the pic you linked to are not entirely accurate; many of the supports used in the actual ride don't show up in that virtual representation.

Just in case anybody was wondering:
    Posted Image
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    It looks great, Robbie, though I do not like the large amount of different track pieces in it.

~RCTCA
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I don't like the green track, what's the reason behind it?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I think you need to go tighter and more compact to get the real feel of the coaster. You can still do it and get flow. It's the drawn out curves before and after the loop and other things that can be changed to bring the layout closer together, whilst still keeping it's flow.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i dno guys i like it fine how it is already.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Yeah I love it how it is, I don't want you to change a thing.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Aside from the problems pointed out by everyone else, it LOOKs awesome, that's the most important thing really.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I don't know Jack Shit about any real-life coasters that are not located in the back northwest corner of BGT, but that looks great in RCT robbie :)

Now time to sit-back enjoy the realism debate between you and Phatage :popcorn:
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    ^ I'm sorry, but phatage can rip robbie a new one.. if Phatage would just work on a new release.. he would prove this to you.. But to me, he's already proved it with past work.

Old school RCT FTW.

And the proof= in-game, boy.
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo
    it's really nice, but i get a feeling that it looks just al litlle bit like teh building style from prodigy, ( that dond't matters)
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    ...maybe cause my style is much influenced by robbies and our both are much influenced by CP6s...
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Hahahahah, LMAO at Gijssie1234 above here.

Robbie, when I first saw this without any theming, it looked great but color-wise it sucked, now that you have done this to it, it looks a hell of a lot better. I am a fan of it.

Ps. I see my hacking advice was used properly by CP6?

Can't wait for the next update.
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    I don`t like the railway and its ground,the transition from grass to sand is to abrupt.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Ya know, now that I look at it, the colors are too camouflage. Not sure it you wanted it hidden, but IMO it would look better with some colors that make it stand out better. Other than that, like I said, it's pretty sick now that you added foliage.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading