(Archive) Advertising District / SoK

• Kumba%s's Photo
    As you can guess from the title this will be the squeal to my Kumba Rec. I am pretty sure it won't be as big of a hit since this is clearly not a re-creation and not going to be as realistic. SoK will have a lot more themeing, also I know BGT does not have any dark colored coasters or really want the same type repeated (tho this is a B&M stand-up and yeah I know it's been a long-ass time since they made one of those.) Still as I said in my fiesta topic, this is not me making a coaster the way I think BGT would make it. This is me making a coaster the way id make it for BGT.

Posted Image

This is a segment after the MCBR. The second half of the ride is highly interactive with the Q. The wooden poles are supporting a large mask of the "Son of Kumba" which like Kumba is also a type of large black jaguar or panther. This design will draw on a lot of things from its predecessor like its layout, architecture and yes, new objects :)

Hope you guys enjoy this new design. More updates will be posted soon :mantis:
  • Roomie%s's Photo

(tho this is a B&M stand-up and yeah I know it's been a long-ass time since they made one of those.)

Not so much :p you picked a good time to build a stand-up as this one is being built in China at Ocean Park right now

Posted Image

Anyway Kumba it looks excellent as always.
    Although as Kumba means Roar... can a Roar have children? :p
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^I was just about to say the same thing :p

Yeah this is gonna be something special.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    I love the colors for the coaster. Looks kinda dark devilish :)
  • h3r3stheKrak3n.%s's Photo
    I have no doubt this is gonna be awesome!
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    That's incredible. I love it!
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Yay Standups!
    Anyway it looks awesome, seriously a simple screen looks so great, that turn looks like a blast, and the interaction is great.
    Your very talented at creating realistic things which are actually quite interesting, infact I would say your the best at that right now.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Oh, and sunken footer pieces = *OMG*
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    No its just a new object thats half the size, looks great man.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    Wow man this looks great so far. The foliage doesn't seem up to par with that around Kumba, but everything else looks fantastic. The new objects will most definitely be helpful from what I've seen.
  • F0ndue%s's Photo
    Looks great,the mask reminds me of Transformers somehow,but thats meant in a good way.But please do not overuse your typical foliage,Gondwana as example was really great,but I felt like the foliage was a bit off.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    It looks great
    Is the blue queue just a place holder though?
  • posix%s's Photo
    Looks very nice. Not as realistic as SoK? Don't call it SoK.
  • Chillsons%s's Photo
    Nice work Kumba! I love the colour scheme. I hope this will be amazing like "Kumba"
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Thanks for all the feedback. To address some comments...

Roomie - I don't think that's been confirmed as a stand-up. There is one being moved too, so I guess there back in some way. Also yes Kumba is Swahili for roar, but the coaster is named Kumba making it a noun, so "Son of Kumba" is another noun in this case ;)

Cena - Darker is the plan, but not to dark and far from devilish :devil:

Austin - Guess your another stand-up coaster fan? Mantis was my favorite coaster when I went to Cedar Point and I really don't think I have ever enjoyed a coaster more... maybe Nitro... Oh and ironically if you said that about my creations being realistic a few years ago you'd have been laughed off the forums :p

Robbie/Goliath - The ladder is correct, they're new objects I made since I was annoyed with Toon's shortest footers sometimes not being short enough. Made 1 for each of his shortest which makes them shorter since you don't need to add the footer with mine which is built-in.

RamSam - Foliage has never been my strong point, but im trying to follow my rec as much as I can. Might use some nice formations I see around town to mix in some Florida landscaping features, I think that might help.

LoE'sA - Haha, yeah a bit and even a little like: :batman:

Comet - Yeah that's just an area I have not themed yet. As you can see it's sloped, so I'll be working in a handicap accessible up-the-exit entrance with a lift to the station platform. Most of BGT is one 1 level, but newer areas like on Sheikra use some height variations and use steps and ramps.

Posix - The name is Son of Kumba, but it's project name is SoK as hinted on in my Kumba rec with that enigmatic acronym under the blank tiles :kumbasgreen:

Again thanks everyone for all your comments. I'll have another update posted soon and with the way it's been moving recently it could be done by next month :mantis:
  • posix%s's Photo
    Which means that, if it isn't as realistic as Kumba, this should not be called "Son of Kumba", as it won't be worth this title.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well Kumba was a rec of a real coaster, so it's super realistic as I copied stuff that exists. Son of Kumba is clearly fiction, but will be made in a realistic style and draw on a lot of things from the real coaster that inspires it. Sorry, the name is not going to change, but I think you'll get it when you see this thing in-game.

Anyways making a little more progress, so here is more of the Q area:

Posted Image

That's the coaster coming out of the turn-around from the last screen. Might change to train color, the burnt yellow/gold is not really growing on me like I thought it might.

Looking forward to your comments :)
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Nice supports, great interaction, great theming but the colours, not so good.

Great work again.
  • posix%s's Photo
    same screen as before. looks nice.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I love the colours.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading