Theme Park Discussion / Top Thrill Dragster

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

Sorry if I'm a picky, perfectionist bitch, but its 28 seconds. ;)

30, actually. ;)

All the rides Pacificoaster posted are must-rides. (And I agree with his opening statement.)
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Cedar Point is far and away the best park I have been to, in terms of ride quality. IOA may be my favourite in terms of atmosphere and theming, but at the end of the day, you cannot beat CP's wicked line-up of coasters. As for TTD, the scariest bit is waiting for the launch seeing the top hat ahead of you. Having been on Kingda Ka about 2 weeks before TTD, I had second thoughts about riding TTD as KK gave me a horrendous headache for the rest of the day and it wasn't very enjoyable. Thankfully, I bit the bullet, because I really really enjoyed TTD. Think it comes down to the lap bar restraints. Millenium Force and Maverick are better though.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Yea,i never get that feeling on the Dragster. And as for Mantis, dont lock your knees. Keep your legs nice and relaxed and it wont hurt at all. Its actually very fun if you learn to minimize the pain you can get on it.

Raptor is one of the world's best Beemer inverts, and yes, Gemini is well worth the ride. I really like it, the drop is fantastic, really didnt expect that. And you get some nice G's on the final helix. Magnum is another must ride, that thing was the king of the coaster wars from the time it opened until Millennium Force came around. It won the Golden Ticket every year just about. Love that ride too. Maverick actually is more intense than the Dragster, and it isnt as smooth as it used to be, but is still easily my favorite ride. In some of the elemetns your head gets tossed around against the sides of the restraints, but nonetheless its the perfect combination of speed, airtime, thrill, inversions, and 'twisty'-ness. And Millennium Force speaks for itself really. Just an amazing ride.

I agree with everybody saying that Mav and Millennium top the Dragster. Either way, still get on it. Great experience.
  • Twiggy%s's Photo
    Just came back from Cedar Point. Here are my thoughts on the rides we went on in order:

Raptor: Long wait, over 1 hour 15 min.. Very fun classic inverted.

Wicked Twister: Suprisingly fast. Loved looking up the spiral. Should've been longer, but oh-well.

Millenium Force: Had some nerves just before getting on. Actually said a little pray (I'm way too religious) before. Easily the best ride in the park imo. Loved the first drop, the airtime, the turns. It is just a perfect coaster.

Maverick: Actually, had a couple things I didn't like about this. First of all, the transitions into turns were too quick imo. And your ears would hurt when hitting the restraints. But overall, a nice ride. The first drop suprised me with the amount of airtime.

Mean Streak: Yes, we decieded to go on this. Bad idea. It was just painful. It would be better if they revamped it like The NEW Texas Giant.

Top Thrill Dragster: Worked it up to way more than it actually is. I thought it was a hellish, demonic death machine. But it wasn't bad at all. Didn't have to many nerves before, becuase you see little kids(I mean like 7 year olds) coming off of this thing smiling. Not as good as MF, but still awesome.

Magnum: Great ride overall. Every hill has the greatest amount of airtime. Loved it.

Gemini: Awesome racer. Didn't like the little bumbs at the bottom of hills. Pretty good anyways.

Mantis: Hated how it pulled down your calves. That just ruined the ride for me.

Windseeker: The new ride there. 301 ft. chairswing practically. But metal poles as the chains. I wish it went faster, but good view of the park. Good music too. Some classic movie themes, like E.T., Harry Potter, and that Peter Pan movie with real life actors.

In the end, with sore legs, and an hungry stomach, I really enjoyed this trip. I left some other minor rides we went on because they weren't important imo. I'll see you soon Cedar Point. It was fun.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading