RCT Discussion / Spotlight Showdown Final

Which do you think is the better park?

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^thats what i felt like (although i wasn't around back then). i had trouble deciding whether an ll park or rct2 park should be #1 (i went with swa). i think in the end i alternated between ll and rct2 down the line. however, i definitely, probably unfairly, favored new rct2 parks over old ones.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    I agree, it isn't really that possible to compare early spotlights to the latest we've had. The game, style, and players have all developed much differently to where SFSF cannot be compared to Cinescape East or something like that. So when i went through to rank them all, I ranked it by how much i enjoyed viewing them, not by how I thought SFSF is better than Magic Realms, or Snow Drop is better than Meadowbrook Falls, I merely enjoyed viewing them more. Its impossible to detirmine which is better, so my list is all based on what I liked from most to least.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    If you guys think SFSF is the best spotlight, you really must get out (and I mean stay in) and download the other spotlights since it's at best a mid-range spot and can be in no way considered better than CP6's work, Fatha's later work, Natelox's later work, Turtle's work... And basically at least 30 other spotlights.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    ^I see it differently. Im a sucker for realism, everything i build and what I enjoy seeing in RCT is realistic building. And SFSF is the epitome of that, it is the park i most enjoyed and thats why its number one for me.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Looking at these lists only makes me wonder why Worlds of Excitement isn't a spotlight. That's number one, for me.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    About 24 hours to go to get your rankings in. After that I'll average them up and post the seedings, then start the voting.
  • inVersed%s's Photo

If you guys think SFSF is the best spotlight, you really must get out (and I mean stay in) and download the other spotlights since it's at best a mid-range spot and can be in no way considered better than CP6's work, Fatha's later work, Natelox's later work, Turtle's work... And basically at least 30 other spotlights.

Robbie shut up! I am one of the old timers from back in '03. I have looked at all the spotlights multiple times I can honestly say SFSF is my favorite spotlight and is arguably the best park ever created. Let me explain why its my personal favorite. It beats out parks like BGSS, The Aegean, and most of the other classics because it is a good old fashioned amusement park (which i am admittedly biased towards). It is the best all around representation and interpretation of the Amusement parks I have spent my whole life going to. I could see SFSF genuinely being a real park. Now you say what about SFC and WWAP, since those are also ultra-realistic amusement parks. I put SFSF ahead of those two because although the quality between SFC and SFSF is relatively consistant, You went in a direction much different from CP6, a direction I prefer. CP6 went with the small scale amusement parks with SFC and WWAP, leaving out a lot of big coasters, while you built an enormous coaster heavy park that could easily be a Six Flags flagship park.
  • JDP%s's Photo

Looking at these lists only makes me wonder why Worlds of Excitement isn't a spotlight. That's number one, for me.

it was way ahead of its time and revolutionized realistic parkmaking. realism back then wasnt appreciated as much as it is today
    -JDP
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    and i think masterpiece should have still been included :(
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Rankings were submitted and they're were a good number of changes to the list. Now it is time to vote on the parks. It starts with fairly easy choices, but as we go on it will get harder. In the end only one park will be left that has not lost any voting rounds!

Each of the four first rounds (A, B, C and D) will be up for voting for ONLY 72 hours! After that time the poll will be closed and the parks with more votes will move on. If there is a tie after 72 hours the tied parks will wait for a deciding vote.

Good luck to all the spotlight winners :mantis:
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    btw since this is so much like NCAA March Madness I am setting up a pick'em bracket. Will have that done before the voting is finished here. Also, yeah you all get an edge here with this first vote on your picks.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    BGSS
    Zippos
    Raindrop Riviera
    egypTopia
    Lost Era
    Disney's Forgotte Kingdom
    Busch Gardens
    Bijou Magique
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    BGSS
    Zippo
    Riviera
    Spellbrook
    RMM
    Universal
    BGL
    Through the Ages
    phew just in time too
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    i'll be so sad if nate's forgotten kingdom loses first round... seriously top 5 ll park for me. most of these were pretty obvious choices though, i agree with the results so far except the bijou magique one... imo its way out of through the ages' league. but we'll just see how this goes
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    But wait, what if another Spotlight gets released while this is going on?
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I can't believe Spellbrooke is beating egypTopia. No offense, JK but thats like one of the all time great LL classics.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    ^agree

* Busch Gardens San Simeon
    * Zippo's Wacky World of Wonders
    * Isole Calabria
    * egypTopia
    * Rocky Mountain Mystique.
    * Disney's Forgotten Kingdom
    * Busch Gardens Lichfield
    * Through the Ages
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I guess I am one of the few who loved Outrage. IMO a top 5 or 10 LL park...
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    Kinda interesting to see the different views people had on the spotlights. I thought Isole would pretty much shut out Raindrop Riviera, but apparently not.
  • inVersed%s's Photo

Kinda interesting to see the different views people had on the spotlights. I thought Isole would pretty much shut out Raindrop Riviera, but apparently not.

As a person who voted for Raindrop Riviera, I gotta say I have alway thought of it as one of the most underrated parks of all time. The tranquility and atmosphere that the park has is amazing. (I'd say Dreamworks Great Australia and Euroscape are also on this underrated list)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading