General Chat / The Official Brag About RL Shit thread.

• Lotte%s's Photo

Are you 0.4 short for your desired average, gdb? 7.6 is super nice though.

Cum Laude was never really a goal of mine, I did too much slackin' :p 

• Coupon%s's Photo

after the shitshow that was my first semester in university, i think i have finally got my shit together. i finished my second semester on a super high note, decided on studying electrical engineering, and i somehow managed to scrounge an internship up, which is great as it puts me a little bit ahead of my fellow classmates. overall, life is pretty good right now, which is surprising. :)

• csw%s's Photo

Not even the best engineering school in the state :p

• Coupon%s's Photo

That's what they want you to think ;)

it lowkey is the best in the state tho

• csw%s's Photo

Whatever you say! :D

Edit: So I thought you were at Notre Dame for some reason, I know nothing about engineering schools outside of the midwest and cal-berkeley. oops. 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    My street is literally clogged up with lesbians. Literally literally.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    They're wearing clogs?
  • Jappy%s's Photo

My street is literally clogged up with lesbians. Literally literally.

I'm going to need some more context

• Liampie%s's Photo
    There was a street party organised by a Lesbians' Cafe, to celebrate the Gay Pride parade day thingy.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

So my immune system decided that I don't deserve a working pancreas, and I almost died. Turns out I need insulin to survive now.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I'm glad you didn't die.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

I'm glad you didn't die.

But I still don't forgive you for leaving and not coming back until now :

• djbrcace1234%s's Photo

So my immune system decided that I don't deserve a working pancreas, and I almost died. Turns out I need insulin to survive now.

Isn't it fun stabbing yourself multiple times a day?

You and I are even more similar then the last time you popped up. I'm also Insulin dependent.

Isn't it fun stabbing yourself multiple times a day?

You and I are even more similar then the last time you popped up. I'm also Insulin dependent.

If we're going to bring it back to bragging, my blood sugar upon admission to the hospital was a 1047.  That's a 58, if not on the American system.  There's no reason at all that I should still be alive.

Given that context, the stabbing is no problem at all.  I do get tired of the grind of it, but it's no big deal.

I'm glad you didn't die.

But I still don't forgive you for leaving and not coming back until now :

You were the one that turned down my marriage proposal for European citizenship.  Though I rescind that offer now anyway post-Brexit.  Ya'll are fucking dumb.
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo

If we're going to bring it back to bragging, my blood sugar upon admission to the hospital was a 1047.  That's a 58, if not on the American system.  There's no reason at all that I should still be alive.

Given that context, the stabbing is no problem at all.  I do get tired of the grind of it, but it's no big deal.

Jesus! That's nuts! You are lucky! Mine was only 465, or something like that. So you win? :p

You kind of get to a point that you know when your blood sugar is high or low, so just be weary of the signs. Still glad you're ok. 

Dexcom, sir.  Dexcom.

• GammaZero%s's Photo
    I'm going to Florida today, grabbing my flight in 2 hours. I guess that's something to brag about. The 10 hour stop in Colombia doesn't seem so nice though :p
  • Milo%s's Photo

holy shit MA, I'm glad you pulled through. I've been working in mental healthcare and seen some blood sugars so high glucometers can't even read it (600+), but 1k+ is ridiculous.

It's cool to see you drop by.

• Austin55%s's Photo
    Pretty crazy this thread is 5 years old. Interesting to read the early pages. Do people with lofty ambitions.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading