Theme Park Discussion / Where is Roomie?

• Luketh%s's Photo
    I'm curious; what kind of education did you get for this, Roomie?
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Unrelated, but Luketh, that is the best avatar ever
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Hey

I studied Geology With Oceanography for 3 years at Southampton University before doing a 1 year Masters course in Oceanography at Southampton as well.
    Having a strong Geography and Science background from School helped though especially physics and chemistry.

Cheers.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    That is one sick job. I'd love to travel the world for a few years. I don't know that I could do it my entire life, though. Those sunsets are ridiculous!
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Your blessed man.. in the sense that you get to see the world and your RCT abilities. Family life on the other hand seems a bit rough. Hope everything is well.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    DAMN.

and I aspired to flip fucking burgers.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Well I've arrived back in the UK (Nice to see the little flag up there :) )
    It may be dull, sandy and have some serious issues but Turkmenistan certainly put on a nice leaving show for us.Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Very nice.

How many pictures did you take for these perfect shots.
    Lightning isn't easy to photograph.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    AWESOME!
  • Roomie%s's Photo

Very nice.How many pictures did you take for these perfect shots.Lightning isn't easy to photograph.

I took about 50 shots and I'd say 30 plus of them had good hits. It was one of the most intense storms i've ever seen.
    I set the camera on 10 second exposure and just took one after the other.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo

I took about 50 shots and I'd say 30 plus of them had good hits. It was one of the most intense storms i've ever seen.
    I set the camera on 10 second exposure and just took one after the other.

Nicely done.

I haven't seen such stormy weather for a while.
    There are to many clouds most of the time here in Holland.
    And i don't 'travel' like you do.
    All of the pictures you posted are nice by the way.
    I might even draw some inspiration from them.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Off again :) but where now? a little closer to home for many of you.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    :lol:

You're in Holland. :)

Where in Holland exactly?
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Ah but I'm not. Despite what my flag tells you.

Denmark infact. That picture above was taken on the Kiel Canal which cuts through the middle of Denmark so you don't have to sail around. One of the busiest man made waterways in the world.
  • salsaontop%s's Photo
    Looks like a fun job if you want to see the world. Your pictures are so crisp. :evil:
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    It does indeed look very busy in that picture. ;)
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    :lol:
    What model camera are you using, Roomie?
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Canon 500D
  • Roomie%s's Photo

So I've not updated this in 3 years. 

But since then I've made a sort of Video Diary of my travels.

I do tend to hit a lot of parks while travelling but still like to do the culture too so heres some videos

First up is Mine and CP6's recent trip up the east coast of the USA, Coasters only but watch to the end for the stupidist american vending machine ever. Features Carowinds, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Dominion and Six Flags America.

Here's some Aurora Borealis Hunting in Sweden from December last year

My China and Japan trip from October last year. Various Chinese parks including 3 Happy Valleys, Crazy Japanese Robots and a frog for a penis... (Tough to explain that one)

https://vimeo.com/111873343

My Las Vegas and USA trip last year featuring Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Sea World San Antonio, Six Flags Over Georgia, Busch Gardens Tampa, Sea World Orlando, Islands Of Adventure, The City Museum St Louis, Atlanta Coke Factory, An Atlanta Braves game and Chicago (CP6, In:Cities, Kumba, and Adix were there for bits of this) 

https://vimeo.com/91701839

And finally my Asia and Australia trip in 2013, Featuring me Sky Diving, The worlds only tilt coaster (its amazing), Singapore, Hong Kong Disney Land, Legoland Malaysia, Scuba Diving, Waner Bros Movie World & a cracking thunder storm

https://vimeo.com/82421091

Hope you enjoy at least one of them. I'm no great movie director but I do enjoy putting these together from time to time. 

• Austin55%s's Photo
    You have the best life

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading