Theme Park Discussion / Where is Roomie?

• RCT2day%s's Photo

What a way to see the world.  I'm pretty jealous, man.  I love to travel but never really have the time or money to really explore.  Great to hear from you.

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Wait I'm in the video? Haha I forgot about that trip!
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Those vending machines in america were incredible. I didn't get anything from them though lol

• Roomie%s's Photo

I have been off enjoying the world again. This time somewhere a little different which i thought was worth sharing. 

I spent the last week with 3 friends in Jordan. Despite all the difficulties and issues in the Middle East at present, the Jordanian people couldn't have been more welcoming and accommodating - particularly the Bedouin communities out in the Desert.

Jordan truly is the nicest house in a noisy neighbourhood and I'd encourage everyone to go and explore it! Fantastic!

IMG_8496.jpgWe spent the first few days camping with the Bedouin in the desert

IMG_8643.jpg

We climbed Jordan's highest mountain

IMG_8692.jpg

Saw some amazing sunsets

12208666_10100686187454502_4715311149125

And even more amazing starscapes

IMG_8822.jpg

We then headed to the incredible Petra and the main reason for this trip

IMG_8908.jpg

Petra is an incredible ancient city hidden in the canyons and cliffs of central Jordan.

IMG_8992.jpg

Having some tea high up on the cliffs with some locals.

IMG_9013.jpg

We got to visit the Treasury by night. It was particularly beautiful  

IMG_9081.jpg

We also visited the roman ruins of Jeresh. Also pretty amazing.

12187717_10100687043908162_4334952254450

We spent the last couple of days in the capital city of Amman. A crazy mess of bad driving and controlled Chaos. 

A weird place to visit maybe. But worth it? Certainly! :)

• Sulakke%s's Photo

Beautiful pictures. :o

• Faas%s's Photo

That last picture is awesome. I got an urban geography boner from it. 

• csw%s's Photo

Once again extremely jealous...Petra is on the short list of international places I want to visit. 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Every single picture is amazing. I think Lawrence of Arabia was filmed there. So I'm getting both an urban geography/planning boner from the pics, as well as a movie boner.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I spent a bit of time in Jordan too and had a blast. Beautiful country with lots of cool stuff, and also Lawrence of Arabia :p
  • Roomie%s's Photo

howdy all.

Just booked some more American hijinks for April and early May 2017. Do we have any members in Toronto, Memphis, Minneapolis, Denver or Edmonton? WIll be stopping off at all these places at some point. As well as Orlando but I've met and know many of the Florida members pretty well already so will probably be saying high as it is :)

• Austin55%s's Photo
    What in the hell are you gonna do in Memphis
  • Version1%s's Photo

Toronto, Memphis, Minneapolis, Denver or Edmonton?

That is a really weird travel plan.

• Roomie%s's Photo

yup its certainly not usual (and its not in that order either). Bearing in mind I've visited almost everywhere I've ever wanted to in the USA barring some West coast places I'm saving for a different trip (Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, San Diego)

Toronto is obvious it has Niagra Falls looks like a great city and has Robbie92 as a bonus.

Minneapolis and Edmonton are to tick off the two mall parks i Don't have. Also to see the cities, I've heard good things about Minneapolis.

Memphis is one of the music capitals of the world. I don't expect it to rival Nashville or New Orleans in terms of live music but it's certainly somewhere I've wanted to go and experience for a while. Even if Its one of the shooting captials of the US.  

Denver is a shot in the dark a bit but the flight there cost £4 thanks to some air miles (in Fact i booked three £4 flights plus a £38 flight from Toronto to Orlando) It may not be an amazing city to visit but if all else fails the WIngs Over The Rockies Air And Space Museum which will keep me occupied :)

Orlando... well DIsney, Universal etc etc.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Very interesting. Denver is beautiful. You'll love it. 

• Zaiush%s's Photo

Minneapolis/St Paul are great to visit, I don't return from college there until June though.

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

Edited for clearly not reading when you'll be in the area. Lol. Springtime in MN is kind of crazy. Might be nice with some blooming plant life, might be cold and even snowy if you're unlucky. haha! Depends on the year. If it's bad out I'd recommend the indoor arboretum at Como Zoo. And also the indoor Water Park of America. 

• robbie92%s's Photo

Robbie92 as a bonus.

I'm an international highlight. 

• Brent%s's Photo

Come to Dubai! Ferrari World, IMG Worlds of Adventure, Legoland, Bollywoodland and Motiongate! I'm here until April.

• Roomie%s's Photo

I have actually been pondering doing a few days in Dubai in December. I've spent plenty of time in Abu Dhabi but not made it up to Dubai yet. 

It kind depends on the Hunger Games coaster opening with Motiongate in time.

• Brent%s's Photo

I'm sure it will, it's one of the main attractions at that park. It's already pushed back to mid-December opening. I'm planning on going to Legoland the week it opens for the hell of it, and then Bollywood next month too when that opens. Planning on hitting IMG soon too.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading