Theme Park Discussion / NE's 2012 Construction Topic

• Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Hong Kong Disneyland - Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars POV
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    So. Much. Win. That thing looks like it shits on Everest, I really hope we can get a daytime pov soon.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Saw that on miceage the other day, looks AMAZING.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Q5O9jWpS328

Here's a daytime POV.
    Lex Luthor Drop of Doom Montage
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    :drool:
  • Brent%s's Photo
    The Rattler at SF Fiesta Texas is getting the Iron Horse treatment for next year, with one of the inversions like that of Silver Dollar City's new wooden coaster from what's going around. Really excited for that since I'll be living only 2 hours away.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    Mile High Flyer at Water World opened two weeks ago. I was there opening weekend and I say this is the best ride in the state. It is a huge hit with the park and gets hour long lines starting just after park opening. Both days I went it had a full queue all day, while other major attractions like Voyage to the Center of the Earth that used to get long lines, had much shorter wait times. Hopefully not much longer until the park gets another bigger water coaster, something like Holiday World's Mammoth lol.

Mile High Flyer POV

Double Dare was not ready for opening with Mile High Flyer, but it opened a few days later. That one is awesome too, especially how the orange tube pieces create neat lighting effects inside the enclosed section.

Last week I rode Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK. I was most surprised at how efficient operations were (about 40 second dispatches). Longest I waited was about 20 minutes, and that included a ride breakdown. Fantastic ride with great airtime, and I rate it about the same as Medusa.
    That slide looks great! I went to Water World back in 2009 and I have to say it is the best waterpark I have ever been to. With those additions, the park definitely just got better. For anyone who hasn't checked that park out, you really should. A must ride would have to be Voyage to the Center of the Earth. That is the coolest water slide experience I have ever had and I recommend visitors to check that one out for sure.
  • Steve%s's Photo

Hong Kong Disneyland - Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars POV

This looks sick. That cable "snapping" to make it seem like the ride train was released from it is genius.
    Freaking love that feature!
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Fancy a launched Spinning Coaster with an inversion?
    Joypolis in Tokyo just opened one :p

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source: http://vhcoasters.com/
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    ^It's like they put a bunch of roller coaster terms in a hat, randomly selected 3, and said "This is what we're gonnna build". But yeah, that's pretty awesome.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    That's crazy!
    How do they calculate the G-Forces in that thing?!

"MFG"
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    That coaster is amazing but I can't find anything on RCDB :'(
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    I have the feeling a barrel roll on a spinning coaster is going to be an amazing element, kind of like the fly-to-lie/ frontflip on X2
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqKO1J2zSNw&feature=g-u-u
    what a shame...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading