Theme Park Discussion / NE's 2012 Construction Topic

• ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    I like a wooden coaster to have a bit of a kick, When you come off with a dead leg, Then you know you have been on a "real" wooden coaster
  • tyandor%s's Photo

It is so majestic and picturesque, and the first drop is fantastic, the rest of it was pure shite. No airtime, no out of control feeling that you expect on a woodie (or at least I expect). It felt like a Wooden Coaster trying to be Steel.

Which I find a bit weird as you apparantly enjoyed the two coasters in EP who usually try to rip out my spine and grind me to pulp (euro-mir and eurocoaster) xD. But the woodie trying to be steel, isn't that a bit of a trademark of GCI's (I have no personal reference tbh)?
    Ah well, I'll find out myself next year probably when it's 'roughed up' and in warm weather :p

The only woodie I remember feeling out of control was the one in WB movieworld in the back seat, which I enjoyed a lot back then. However I could probably hate it these days for shaking me senseless and rough forces, something I got less resilient too because I'm a little longer than I was back then (you'd be suprised how much that matters).
    I just love the smoothness of Blue Fire and Silver Star (outer seat can be very shaky though) and awesome seating on both, no leg crushing and no over-the-head restraints rules :)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    No euromir and eurosat were enjoyed because they are unique and funny just like X:/WTF lol
  • Brent%s's Photo

more like a "&"
    really awesome.

Bad font.
    here it is:

Posted Image

Or a cursive S if you look it it the from the other side.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    The coaster Shambhala it's done!
    Now they are doing the scenery
    Take a look of Shabhala! Here!
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Shambhala

Every time I hear that name I think of this.
  • CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

While at the Mall of America today, I got these pictures of the construction at Nickelodeon Universe for their new for 2012 attraction. It is rumored to be a Gerstlauer Sky Fly, and based on paperwork I could see from the construction wall, it will indeed be that ride.

I'm almost as excited for this as I am for X-Flight. Finally something new in Minnesota.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    I'm a little bit disappointed with X-Flight, when I heard the announcement of the coaster, I think that would be a great design, but now that I saw pictures of the layout, the only thing that I like is the big twist :???: But when I saw the video of Drop Dom Of Lexor (or something like that), I was impressed! And I like the Superman: Ultimate Flight layout, it's bizarre but I like it!
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo

Every time I hear that name I think of this.

:lol:
  • Hex%s's Photo
    It is confirmed that Skyrush is receiving test runs.

Posted Image
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    Right now it's in clearance testing, I'm pretty sure full testing starts in a week or so.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    For anyone following the new water rides this year in addition to coasters, Water World just posted a bunch of new photos of their new rides this year.

Posted Image
    Mile High Flyer. I would guess this becomes the new signature attraction in the park.

Posted Image
    The blue and orange slides are the Double Dare slides. They were supposed to be new for last season, but delayed and it appeared on maps around the park as Mile High Flyer.

http://www.facebook....20.150908313188

Just down the road, Elitch Gardens is also adding a new water ride. Tube Top, a Proslide Tantrum that was delayed from 2011 because of the off-season management transition.
    Posted Image
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    This is King Cobra at Hurricane Harbors (SFMM).
    Posted Image
    It's beautiful!
  • Twitch%s's Photo
    From CGA's Facebook.

Posted Image
    Check out the new view from StarTower! Any thoughts on what.might be going on down there?

• Brent%s's Photo
    About time they start work on the new woodie...
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Wow Ramsam! Those slides are gonna kick so much ass at WaterWorld. That park is already phenomenal.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

http://www.latimes.c...0,6148224.story
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    It will suck like Wodan did.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    Sky Rush!
    http://www.youtube.c...w&feature=g-u-u
    Verbolten!
    http://www.youtube.c...&feature=relmfu
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Both of those rides look great. Skyrush looks bad ass.

I doubt Wodan sucks. GCI <3

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading