Related Games / RCT for the 3DS!

• Casimir%s's Photo
    I think that they might use this financial failure that will be RCT3D to say "See, a new RCT would not be profitable anymore, let's just not do a 4th one."
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I still dont get why anyone still goes on about RCT4 or raves about it. Why would you want Atari to make an RCT4 when they failed so badly with RCT3.
  • Corey%s's Photo
    Because they could make millions if they go back to the original 2D formula.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

You honestly believe a 2D version will sell copies? Personally I wouldn't want a new rct if it wasn't 3D. Keep the construction mostly in isometric like rct3 does now. They just need to cut the scenario crap and make it a proper sandbox game which actually utilizes the power of 3D.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo

what the fuck are you talking about? rct3 probably made more money than rct2
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    From us, they could :)

Seriously, even if they released RCT4, and it was isometric, incompatibility would split the community like LL and RCT2 did. Also, this place is so attatched to the good old LL and RCT2, that we probably would not let go. Plus, one needs to go through the trouble of coding the trainers. If we want a new RCT, I think the best approach is to do it OpenTTD style.
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    I say screw RCT4 and release another expansion for RCT2 that completely unlocks the game code. And let's not forget all the coasters that are in RCT3 and all the new designs that are not in 3. Honestly all I would want would be more angle's for drops / hills and the adjustable pullouts.. but I guess with more angles that would make bigger pullouts possible. This could only be done ofcourse by the man himself.. not Atari.
  • RCTCA%s's Photo

You honestly believe a 2D version will sell copies? Personally I wouldn't want a new rct if it wasn't 3D. Keep the construction mostly in isometric like rct3 does now. They just need to cut the scenario crap and make it a proper sandbox game which actually utilizes the power of 3D.

Isn't scenarios one of the key components on the game? Plus, it is called RollerCoaster TYCOON - all about the management of a theme park. I wouldn't necessarily cut it out completely but just have the sandbox mode be more prominent.
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    I agree with ya RCTCA, if you actually sit down and play the Scenarios you can have alot of fun to actually build new coasters with the money you have earned. Honestly, I believe I have alot more fun with my Scenarios I make and actually try to build eith earned money.
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    ^Exactly. In fact, a lot of times when I am losing interest in the game, I often head back to the scenarios. They can often be really fun, as NO said above. RCT without scenarios, frankly, isn't RCT and if a new version of the game were to come out without them, I might consider not purchasing it.
  • Flap%s's Photo
    I stay to RCT-2 and 3 gameplay with the custom objects.
    Cause otherwise the Game sucks hard (3 i mean)
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    I guess I need to make myself a bit clearer. I do not 'hate' scenarios. But to me they're are a passed station. Scenarios is what I did when I first got rct. I did them all from the original till CF/AA and yes I had fun with them. When I got LL I just couldn't care anymore for them though. Once I got RCT2 I believe I tried the first 2 and then just skipped to the actual parkmaking. At that point I just wanted to make my dream themeparks.

Besides I find scenarios pretty boring now. There's little fun in getting the objective, because you just built the stuff what you already know is gonna win the scenario for you and lets face it, the time and money limits often don't allow more. The only remotely difficult ones where the ones with the landscapes locked and height restrictions.

As for the managing part (and scenarios), that was innitially idea behind the game ofcourse, but it is very basic. It's not the game's strong point if you ask me. The thing that seperates rct from all the 'other' tycoon rip-offs is that it offered more beyond it's basic core of the game. It's the design part of it that took care of keeping my interest in the game for more than a few months.

For me anytime they would spend time on making shallow scenarios is wasted and should be spent on improving the sandbox game. Playing RCT4 scenarios would simply not appeal to me.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    GigaG. We're like 500 fucking people. They expect hundreds of thousands of sales. Plus all of us rct2/LL players together is nothing but a lizard roadkill on a highway
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Atari get your finger out your ass and make rct 4 with chris sawyer with the rct 2 graphic's ... Im not a mathematical genius but supposedly more than 70% of people on the planet have a pc not to sure how many have a ds,Im not a marketing genius either but i like to think i have common sense ? ... Make a new rct with the good old graphics & in my opinion better for this type of game :) That's my opinion.

Tyandor: Im like you i loved the scenarios because i liked the park's the game designer's made & enjoyed finishing the scenarios in anticipation to see what the next park was like ... The only thing i didn't like about rct 2 was once you completed a scenario you didn't unlock a new one & i just thought the game designer's got lazy at this point & it is no doubt justified when you look back at the amount of extra scenarios you unlocked back in the good old day's of rct1 and the expansion's :)
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    Honestly. The people that are saying atari should make it with rct2 graphics are the dumbest people I've seen. Think about it. It's what WE prefer what not the rest of the world prefers, it's the simplest form of business and you guys can't figure it out o.o

And scotlands. I'm pretty sure people can't carry a computer or a laptop around like they can with a DS. That's the whole point of having different game consoles, to offer stuff that a PC can't offer

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading