Contests / New Element Design Challenge

• posix%s's Photo
    Sorry, thought you had entered. The deadline is dependent on one's timezone. You add three weeks to the timestamp of Louis' PM that had the workbench and layout attached to determine your deadline. This turns out to be 5 Oct for most people; early morning in the US and early afternoon in Europe.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Nice! Looking forward to seeing all these :kumbasgreen:
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Hey just a question: if someone doesn't finishes for the deadline, can they still release it in competition as a separate design with RRP's name in it for the layout and win if it's good enough? or will it not be judged?
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I'd say the layout should be contest-exclusive. Why should we want ~ 30 (regular) designs with the same layout?
    I also highly doubt that RRP would be okay with that.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Im pretty sure you can do whatever you want with it if you dont finish in time.Whether or not it'd win anything would be up to the panel i assume.

Can someone invite me back into the entry/submission pm.I deleted the conversation due to update spam and now i can't remember the submission guidlines
  • Levis%s's Photo
    can't add you it seems cause you left but still are in the list.
    well here are the guidelines also:

Please submit your entry as a competitive design submission, including RRP as a builder alongside you. Please add [NEDC] at the end of your submission's name so that we can differentiate from normal submissions.

• posix%s's Photo
    prodigy has submitted his entry. Lovely lovely stuff :)

YOUR DEADLINE TO SUBMIT IS WEDNESDAY 5th OCTOBER AT 16:30 (GMT)

RRP, you live in GMT, right? So it's in fact 1630h for you.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    *done*
    I just hope you guys also like Minecraft ;P
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I'm not going to make the deadline. I could make something random a la Turd Fanatic, but I stepped away from that approach. Rather forfeiting than having shit in your profile for all eternity! When I signed up I hoped for a sudden inspiration bomb, but it hasn't arrived here yet. I'm just being realistic here.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Wow, that's a great pity. I was hoping for new stuff from you Liam. But I can understand that you don't want to sacrifice quality.

Casimir, I confirm receiving your entry :)
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Unfortunately I have the same bad news. Two days before the deadline I'm nowhere near finished. I was hoping to have a lot of spare time these weeks but due to several circumstances I didn't. If the contest would have been two weeks longer I would be able to finish for sure. I will recycle the buildings and ideas in my big solo park so no work will be lost.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    I'm about 60% done... which means I have a shit ton of work ahead of me. That coupled with a sculpture critique and a physics midterm means no sleep... YAY! :SA:
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Looks like a head-to-head between prod, Levis and me so far xD
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    I was also kind of hoping for that bomb Liam was talking about. It didn't come. I'm sorry.
  • Magnus%s's Photo

I'm in.
    Chances I finish, 5% at best.

At least I was 95% correct.

Sorry, but there is too much going on in my professional career to provide enough energy for this.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    With today being my last possible building time, I tried to make it as finished (looking) as possible.
    I just sent it in !

Even though I already know I'm not gonna win (or rather lose) I had a lot of fun working on this contest :D
  • Flap%s's Photo
    chorkiel, whatever or not, just be participant is sometimes more important then winning.
    When you enjoyed and had fun. I always have fun building shit, mostly it's not worth an accolade, but i always try and have fun when doing it! :mantis: Cheers!
  • trav%s's Photo
    I haven't even opened the bench yet so it's looking unlikely that I'll get anything sent in. Fresher's Week has kept me hella busy.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    That 8:30 AM timestamp is fucking me over big time. But, rather than prove the haters correct, I decided to cut off a decent sized portion of the map in order to get this "finished". I'm not happy about having to remove part of my park...but, I'd rather sacrifice quantity than quality.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

That 8:30 AM timestamp is fucking me over big time. But, rather than prove the haters correct, I decided to cut off a decent sized portion of the map in order to get this "finished". I'm not happy about having to remove part of my park...but, I'd rather sacrifice quantity than quality.

Well done.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading