Contests / New Element Design Challenge

• SSSammy%s's Photo
    good lad k0ng. finishing things is an an important step too, man!
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    I think I might have to cut out a large portion too. but it WILL be finished. It's at about 80% atm, will be a longggg night :0
  • wildroller%s's Photo
    I'm uploading my entry now, I'm not going to win but it was a fun challenge :)
  • K0NG%s's Photo

.........will be a longggg night :0

Amen, brother.
  • posix%s's Photo
    And the submission period is over.

9 entries were submitted in time. I'll begin to prepare the voting later today. Thanks to everyone who volunteered to help with it- I'll pm you with details if necessary.
  • mardy%s's Photo
    Damn, only 9entries... I'm really sorry that i didn't finished.. My money is on Levis.
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    Uhh...At the top of this page it says 16.30 GMT...That means still 30 minutes, right :???:
  • RRP%s's Photo

Uhh...At the top of this page it says 16.30 GMT...That means still 30 minutes, right :???:

16:30 gmt was 30 minutes ago

Theres actually 10 entries posix.Ive not submitting mine for voting.Will just release it with the others or later today
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    Wow that sucks....I used the ''teletekst'' world clock:
    Posted Image

You can still check it at teletekst.nos.nl --> page 777

Hope you could still accept my entry...Sorry for the problems. :'(
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    What we could REALLY need is a clock on the top of the boards. Then we wouldn't have all the GMT/MESZ hustle anymore. I actually believe we had one for another contest once :???:
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

What we could REALLY need is a clock on the top of the boards. Then we wouldn't have all the GMT/MESZ hustle anymore. I actually believe we had one for another contest once :???:

GOOD IDEA. It would be tremendously helpful for all the Europeans.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Guys. The deadline was exactly three weeks after you got the PM.
    So write that date +3 weeks down and you're set I'd say ;)

"MFG"
  • Levis%s's Photo
    if you have your time set right on the forums ;) I had the problem also first I had my time on a different timezone (the default) so wrote down that time and added 3 days to it but then I saw it was wrong when I looked at my own time at the computer.
  • posix%s's Photo

Guys. The deadline was exactly three weeks after you got the PM.
    So write that date +3 weeks down and you're set I'd say ;)

"MFG"

• Levis%s's Photo
    my jobs tab is gone so I assume the settings are in place.
    Can I ask who is added to the panel lists for this voting?
  • posix%s's Photo
    You're right Levis. No one has been added thus far. Not too many panelists had to be temp-removed in fact, so I'm thinking we might be good. But let's see.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Posix, would it be possible to temporarily remove the limit of that you can only subscribe to vote at only 1 park at a time ?
    It makes comparison a bit easier and also would mean all the parks get voted on by the same people.
  • posix%s's Photo
    tyandor, I agree that would be ideal but I don't have the ability to manipulate the code the system uses, unfortunately.

I forgot to mention another thing earlier: Those who did not send in their entry during the submission period can do it later, but it will have to be a non-competitive submission. Else it would be as though no deadline ever existed.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    So if RRP or K0NG finish later their entries could not win design?
  • posix%s's Photo
    You know, I would prefer for them to receive the reward the quality of their creation deserves, but allowing them to submit competitively next week would be like pretending there never was any deadline. The only difference would be that their entries are not labelled "NEDC".

One could say that by taking longer to finish their entries, they didn't play by the same rules as everyone else, and thus are no longer eligible to be a potential winner of the competition, but still allowing them to submit a regular competitive design submission. I'll have to think it over though. Especially after K0NG created such a hype about his entry and then let everyone down I don't really feel like rewarding him.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading