Contests / New Element Design Challenge

• K0NG%s's Photo
    I'm glad, for others' sake, that you reconsidered...I'm sure that there was a lot of effort put into some of the entries that missed the deadline as well as the ones that were submitted on time. And damn...there were some fine entries in this contest. I'm honestly bummed that I couldn't finish in time and go up against them.
    Personally, right after ranting on about not being able to submit competitively (which was really more about the fact that I purposely tried to stay away from hyping my own entry, yet got called out for creating such a hype and then not submitting on time anyway) I decided to scrap the layout provided and build a new one to go along with everything that accompanied the original layout in order to be able to submit competitively and not have to waste the work that I'd put into it already. And, I will say...now that there's no deadline to miss, that there's some pretty cool shit on this map. So, anyone that was actually looking forward to what I had going can still anticipate, if nothing else, a 2nd release from me this year (hopefully "Tsunami" will round out a whopping three finished releases).

Also....I want to clarify (since I received PM complaints about it) that the "Mein Fuhrer" comment was not intended to compare anyone to Hitler specifically. I just used the term as the best way to emphasize my thought that there seems to be a bit of a dictatorship evolving around here that wasn't so readily apparent previously. That being said...it's the admin's site to run however they see fit even if one side of the mouth spews remarks about "fairness" while the other seems to propagate anything but.

lol...as for people taking snipes at me, it comes with the territory. Particularly by newbies that want attention. But, the "wrath of K0NG" only comes about when it's done by someone that actually matters. I can't be bothered to be overly concerned with every pimple that sprouts up on my ass. The little ones just go away on their own anyway.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Yes next time the rules should be absolute so the organiser's dont need to go back on what they said, And yes about Kumba's post above different type of coaster next time, I would like to see a Inverted coaster next time :)

Posix : I agree with you about KONG i was looking forward to his release and the reason for that was because for me he is/was the one i was looking upto because Vulture was at the top of the homepage when i first discoverd this site and thats the reason why i was criticising him before hand for 1 tile's worth of a black hole, I didn't mean' to come across as 'Kicking him in the teeth' but that's how i felt at the time !

But very nice work in this competition, Can't wait for the next one :D

Just to edit : After i saw KONG and his latest post and " The wrath of Kong " saying it only comes about when "somebody matters says it " Shut your fucking fat ape mouth your fucking 51 years old. You are actually a few months older than my mum seriously, Im sick of him being an arsehole because he has earned "The right to be one" Apparently, Stop making excuses for your park, 1 tile of a black hole wouldn't have made a difference, Im speaking the truth. Seriously "KONG" stop making excuses, Im sick of them and i have only been here for maybe a month and a half, God help the people that have been here since 2006 onward's,
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    ^Well, there went any semblance of peace. You know, you don't NEED to start shit everytime you comment, right? Oh, and I find K0NG a much better member than you right now, so please, just stop making digs at him at any opportunity.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    he's a kid. he doesn't know jack shit, let alone how not to embarrass himself.
  • trav%s's Photo
    To be fair Sammy, he's older than you.

But he's also a bit of an unnecessary dick.
    Is this not a democratic world robbie92 ? I can have a dig at anyone i want its called free speech ? And i was only replying to the sucker punch he gave me, As far as being a "kid" sammy i couldn't really understand with the gargantuan gorilla cock in your arse but ok what ever you say :lol:, I ain't going to come on here and be talked to like a peice a shit and have everyone else back that ape up because they want his cock in their mouth, Seriously i like this game and this website but there is a big wide world out their you know sammy, Grow some pubes and then talk to me ! ... ahh who cares !
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    A democratic world doesn't give you the right to be a complete dick. K0NG conceded to the fact that his reaction wasn't his best, and you felt like "poking the bear" one more time, possibly hoping to get a reaction out of him.

Besides, all this "cock in your ass, mouth, grow pubes, look at me, I'm grown-up and can swear" shit is really annoying. Your point is made less clear when hidden behind juvenille words. SSSammy may be younger than you, but he's exhibited way more maturity here than you have, and that maturity yields respect. Stay immature and don't produce kick-ass RCT work, stay disrespected. Grow up, and it doesn't matter how you play the game, you'll still get respect.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Yeah okay ban him.
    Ok, fair play robbie i get what your saying, Im not trying to poke the bear as you put it, But does it give kong the right to be a dick to me which is all he has been towards me. I know he has been around for years and that but we as human beings deserve to be treated with some respect, And i just feel people are jumping on the 'bandwagon' ... but heyy man fuck it end of discussion, I wont post my views if that makes others happy :)
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt, we don't care if you post your views, but you should try to constructively criticize rather than be the antagonist. K0NG has been here for five years and has four releases. So what? Have you ever thought the man is a father and has a family to take care of? Even with that responsibility, the releases he has been involved with have been of great quality. His most recent design, Vulture, just got a 91.54%. Your most recent attempt for an accolade, StrathClyde Family Fun Park, just got what, a 16.25%? I'm not saying to stop playing the game, but please take the advice others here are giving. Many of the prestigious designers at this site are students studying architecture, engineering, art, design, etc. and will help you progress to become a better builder, you just need to stop being so sensitive for two seconds and take the time to listen what they're trying to say to you. Yes, K0NG can be a bit more blunt than most of the members at NE, but he understands many of the intricate design techniques needed to produce a high caliber project. He may not have finished his entry on time, and may have talked it up a little bit, but I believe the end result will be far better than many of the entries that did reach the deadline.
  • That Guy%s's Photo

But does it give kong the right to be a dick to me which is all he has been towards me.

:lol:
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Scotland dude, It's great that you want to stand up for the community by saving us from the dragon.
    But saying that he's been tarting us for years is just stupid.
    If he would be such a pain in the ass for all those years, he would've been banned or something else.
  • Flap%s's Photo

Scotland dude, It's great that you want to stand up for the community by saving us from the dragon.
    But saying that he's been tarting us for years is just stupid.
    If he would be such a pain in the ass for all those years, he would've been banned or something else.

And that's why i love this community, i can be a real bitch here;
    But isn't this a bit off the topic at the moment?
  • posix%s's Photo
    temp close so you guys find some time to breathe and play RCT.

EDIT: reopened.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Just to clarify:

Im sick of him being an arsehole because he has earned "The right to be one"

He hasn't earned the right to be an arsehole, he just is one. No one here has the right to be an arsehole (unless you carry the little security guard image above your post :p ), the difference is that when K0NG started posting here he didn't jump on everyone and he had respect for others. This is key to all new members until they settle into the community better. Have respect for your elders and they will respect you. Come to the forums with an attitude, expect a whole load of attitude back.

Now back on with the show
  • trav%s's Photo
    Does this mean releases soon?
  • posix%s's Photo
    Just needs a few more days of patience.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Is this weekend likely? I'm so excited to see everyone's entries!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Trust me when I say it's worth the wait.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Sorry for the long wait but we can now begin to roll out the results :)

I have posted entries #9 to #6:

#9 Timbernator
    http://www.nedesigns...imbernator-#99/

#8 The Boardwalk
    http://www.nedesigns...-boardwalk-#89/

#7 Duke Alva
    http://www.nedesigns...-duke-alva-#79/

#6 RCTcraft
    http://www.nedesigns...c-rctcraft-#69/

Higher placing entries to follow!

Tags

• No Tags