(Archive) Advertising District / The Escapist Experience

• Liampie%s's Photo

only thing I do not like are these roman pillars below the bobsleigh-track in the first screen.

I think it'll look better if I fix the glitch. I should do that, thanks for mentioning.

If you continue loving this style and won't change to ALWAYS using codex soon, I shall be very curious what comes out of your building sessions.

I will always have a project somehwere that combines classic compositions with codex ideas, which is what this park does.

wait, what? what does that even mean.

I know what he means. It's when classic methods are used for the main structure(s) of the park, and codex merely serves for some detailing. Enhancing the LL aesthetics instead of reinventing them - I build from classic principles.

Thanks to all of you. I've got no idea how this park will score and I'm getting more curious with each reply. Hoping for gold. I'd give it gold.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Great building in the first screen. Really nice structure.

I like the second but a lot but it feels like there's way too much path in there, which I find one of the main problems with old school LL parks. I like plain grass now and again :p
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    And all of a sudden I got all foliage done and this is 99%. Just a matter of staff, ride and banner naming, refining of path additions and catching mistakes. And one or two buildings in Sana'a, big deal. Could be a couple of days for this. Who would've thought that?

- - -

Posted Image

Deja vu! This piece of coaster is the oldest thing in the park, from around the time when I got LL running for the first time since my childhood. The coaster is called Papagayo now. I think I've said that before but I'm sure you forgot.

- - -

Here's the first screen of King Autumn's Court. God, I hate that name. It's so fucking lame. :')

Posted Image

The theme is a little weird and slightly experimental, but I'm quite satisfied with it. The area is simply about the romantic qualities of autumn. Imagine yourself quietly walking through a huge forest-like park. There's a castle in the middle of the park. Except for an older couple in the distance, you're alone. The only sounds you hear are the fallen leaves under your feet and the autumnal breeze gently blowing through the forest. Can you imagine the beauty? This is the feeling I wanted to get across in this area. It's more simple than the other areas. It's more about atmosphere and overall beauty rather than details and concepts.

RMM designed the coaster, by the way. :)

- - -

Progress
    Ibiza - 99%
    New Eden - 99%
    King Autumn's Court - 99%
    Sana'a - 99%
    Tenochtitlan - 99%

- - -

Who would like to be on my test team? Louis and Robbie again? Other comments are welcome as well of course.
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    I like both of those. Though maybe there's one too many cars on the B&M Invert. They always have 8 I believe.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    there is something about your coaster that I simply never like the flow or absence of it...
    it's the one true feature in my eyes you miss as a player, decent layouts, theming is good but coasters could use better layouts I think
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    I love the colours in the second screen.
  • RMM%s's Photo

yea, i don't think you could have chosen better colors. that is easily one of the most gorgeous screens lately. my only gripe; maybe shift the maze over a bit to allow the supports of the coaster above to, well... support the coaster, hahahaa. it just doesn't seem right to have floating supports for the tallest part of the coaster. maybe you could even find a way to raise the land underneath the three-tiles-worth of supports and hack the maze into the land. i have a feeling it won't be easy but i think it'd look amazing.

but, wow, i really can't get over how great those colors are. i think it's the purple rails that really complete the atmosphere.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I like both of those. Though maybe there's one too many cars on the B&M Invert. They always have 8 I believe.

Maybe I forgot to change it, or maybe I did it for the pacing. Either way it doesn't matter much. I'll check it out with 8 cars, thanks for mentioning!

there is something about your coaster that I simply never like the flow or absence of it...
    it's the one true feature in my eyes you miss as a player, decent layouts, theming is good but coasters could use better layouts I think

I agree that's my biggest weakness. The second coaster is by RMM though, you might like it better.

:kiss:

I'm really glad that I didn't disappoint you (so far). Didn't want to abuse your layout for what you percieve as shitty theming. :) I'll look into the supports.

Thanks, all of you.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Those colors...yeah!
    Looks nice Liampie.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    these arches on the wooden coaster are cool, but its weird that the actual supports are floating above the maze.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Looks nice overall, and neat theme ideas.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I love the random balloons in the jungle area, nice detail there. Still in most screens the landscaping seems weak, which could bring the park down. Overall it's nice to see you getting another park done and I think this one might get a few 'yes' spotlight votes. I love these LL throwback projects and would actually say that I am closer to wanting to make one of them, rather than a full RCT2 solo.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    Honestly my anticipation was pretty low in this project. but the second screen shook me up..massive props to colours. great job, very nice.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I wanna test! Looking great.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    I think the first screen needs some land texture variation under the coaster and some more clustered foliage, right now it feels a little random :/ I like the look of the monorail track combination.

Interesting to see RMM's coaster. The main issue I have with the second screen is the maze under the coaster. I feel the coaster should have it's own area and especially for a woodie, nothing should really be underneath it. It looks crammed in. I think this is personal preference though so :)

Nice to hear it's nearly done. Looking forward to seeing it Liam :)

I quite like the names of the areas as well.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Love the feel of the autumn area. The theme is unique and you are pulling it off really well. Is there any way to put some support underneath the woody so the supports don't magically hang over the maze?
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I love the random balloons in the jungle area, nice detail there. Still in most screens the landscaping seems weak, which could bring the park down. Overall it's nice to see you getting another park done and I think this one might get a few 'yes' spotlight votes. I love these LL throwback projects and would actually say that I am closer to wanting to make one of them, rather than a full RCT2 solo.

The random balloons are actually fruits. :) I never considered landscaping to be a problem in this park, maybe it's just the screens. I have to agree with some people that the foliage surrounding the inverted is weak though. I know but it's too much work to redo it. I already added one tree to the mix and that's all I can do I guess. I think it's bearable.

Some yes votes would be nice, but I don't think this should be a spotlight. Gold seems suitable... And weird as it may sound, please don't start a full LL park. It won't be as good as your full RCT2 park, plus you could be a great help on one of the many group parks around. There's always an existing park to deposit your idea in.

Interesting to see RMM's coaster. The main issue I have with the second screen is the maze under the coaster. I feel the coaster should have it's own area and especially for a woodie, nothing should really be underneath it. It looks crammed in. I think this is personal preference though so :)

It is, it is my personal preference to integrate things. A good compact composition can give me a lot of satisfaction.

I quite like the names of the areas as well.

You do? 8)

By the way, I made a cave in the maze. It's somewhat glitchy, but the coaster is better supported now.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    After Logos maybe I can help on an LL group park. I still have access to the forum and have been lurking there are little lately ;)

Good luck on going for Gold.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Posted Image

This is another old part of the park.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Wow now I'm really interested. Really like the simply but affective suspended coaster support. Seems like a non inverting hyper but I'm assuming this coaster has inversions?

And good to hear about maze and coaster.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading