General Chat / Holy Shizzle, RCT Still lives?

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo
    Hello all,

To 99% of you, you probably don't know me, but I lived through the golden ages of RCT way back then when Danimation was THE site for RCT everything. I founded a RCT group called Two Flags which was a bit short lived after Iris (the creater of NE) and I had our disagreement and he quit and founded New Elements and thus this site lives on. My user name was Montu on Danimation for you old folks who lived back in the days. I just thought of RCT randomly today and thought, I wonder if NE is still around and it sure is! I can see you guys still have that Head to head compeition, I still remember that when they first started it, I'mm glad to see that tradition continued since it did produced some of the finest coasters made back then.

Its amazing after so long RCT is still alive and well, I still remember the day when I first bought RCT1 and joined Danimation and posted with what you call Legends now, Corkscrewed, SAC, Iris, Roomraider, etc etc. Most of the names are a bit too old for me now to remember that long ago. Do you guys still have coaster clubs today? I remember back in my days we had all these groups making parks together with 4-6 members working on a single map and releasing it under a group name, those were quite popular back then.

I've been browsing a bit in the parks section and its amazing how the hacks has changed ever since. I still remember my first, what we called "trainer," RCTBeast, which allowed us to place tracks on top of each other to create the infamous illusion which we see everywhere today. Another trainer came out later to create the connecting 2 type of tracks together which replaced the Beast trainer. Its amazing what you guys can do today with your trainers, seperating the cars of the coasters (Back in the days this was quite difficult to do and caused game crashes pretty often) so easily and all the countless other things.

Anyways, I just wanted to post, Holy Shizzle, it still lives and hello all again, whoever can remember me.

-Dirk Pitt/Montu
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Hello, welcome(?) to NE ! :D

I love the nostalgic way in wich you typed that!
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    I remember you, I was a lurker for a long ass time back then, never posted, just downloaded and marveled. Now I'm becoming more active and it's great! Are you thinking of coming back or just taking a peek? :)
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    lol.. same here man. I've been away for quite awhile myself and just recently begun checking in regularly on NE. I too was on Danimation.. I believe I used this screen name but I also think my first name over there was *MillenniumForce* hahaha, wow it has been a long time since the danimation days. I remember your Two Flags though. I myself started X-Designs and Three Stars.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    believe I've seen your name somewhere once but cant rememner.
    glad to see you still like it here so many years later.
    Most of the coaster clubs stopped. there is still one which is RCT Majesty, but its quite inactive nowadays to. maybe there is one I dont know of atm, but it doesnt mean people dont build with each other. we see project with multiple people on it all the time.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    what's up dirk and nitrous oxide! you guys better leave now or you'll end up like me and start playing again ;)
  • GigaG%s's Photo

I remember you, I was a lurker for a long ass time back then, never posted, just downloaded and marveled. Now I'm becoming more active and it's great! Are you thinking of coming back or just taking a peek? :)

Seriously? How long did u lurk?

BTW, please play RCT again. LL is a rarity today - do you still have it?
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo
    Thanks for all the replies guys!

chorkiel - Thanks, It has been a while since I played RCT and its amazing how much things has changed since I quit, heck look at my user registeration date, I think I was within the top 300 people who first registered here. Compared to you guys I am a dinosaur playing in New York Stock Exchange :-P

I still remember when we all used the Ghost Train trick to make windows and we all went holy shit thats brilliant!, then people applied that toward super massive buildings such as hotels. Soon ENTIRE maps were made by nothing but hotels and water parks, this first marked the shift away from RCT as a purely amusement park only game.

AvanineCommuter - Sorry but I can't remember you, were you under a different name? I'm just taking a peek at the moment, but seeing all the park brings back memories :)

Nitrous Oxide - I remember you, you made some of the best recreation and coasters back then! You were in the realstic park group as I remember, not too much scenery and ornamentation, just realstically showing park as bare and ornamentation around the coasters, nowhere else as amusement parks are today. Your first user name was indeed Millennium Force, I still remember X-Design as well, it was popular back then.

Levis - Can't remember you again, sorry, another user name maybe?

GigaG -I believe I still do have LL I just have to dig through it all to find it again.

Is Corkscrewed still alive here? I still have his AIM but I haven't talked to him in a while.
  • gir%s's Photo
    I remember you...Nitrous mentioned Two Flags. Did you run around in the same circles as Roberto Roboparks? I remember creating some logos for him. I was GiR on Danimation, but I doubt you remember as I was quite young and immature then.
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo
    Yes I remember you, I founded Two Flags. I remember Roboparks, I think I might had created a park with him once ago, not sure, it has been too long. You got around back then, you were well known to say the least :-P
    yea you wouldn't remember me because I lurked without a screen name! haha
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Gotta love the suck-ups. "I remember you..do you remember me?" Want to do dinner sometime?

Shut the fuck up.
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    So Kong, you never get with family and friends and speak to them about the past. Or run into someone while your out that you have not seen in years and speak to them?

The part I really don't understand is that you actually took time to reply to this post just to say something stupid like that. I mean, if you have no intentions on staying on topic why even bother? Please give me the reason behind your post, it seems like you always try to be the center of attention and go out of your way to be noticed and to be an asshole. But I guess, whatever boost your ego man. I would think a 51 year old guy would have more manners.. but it's sad to see that there are members on this forums less than half your age that seem more mature than yourself.

Anyways, back on topic.. But yea man, I wasn't planning RCT for a few years but in the past year I've been playing here and there and still love the realistic stuff. I don't know if you have ever gotten into RCT2, but there are some truely amazing parks that have been released (Six Flags Carolina by CedarPoint6, Six Flags Sante Fe, and Watkins World to name a few) My first project back is a Cedar Point recreation, it is about 50% done right now. But it's cool to hear from some old members every once in awhile.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Two Flags parks were THE SHIT back in the day... still are. I think the first real memory of Danimation I have was when DDD came out... I think. It's been so long. I think I was TotallySFMM or The Riddler back then, who knows. Anyways, good to see you around again.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Dirk Pitt, I remember your screen name from back in the day. It sure feels weird how long those memories go back, no? Glad you're popping by.

Gotta love the suck-ups. "I remember you..do you remember me?" Want to do dinner sometime?

Shut the fuck up.

suck-ups? Who are we sucking up to and why? You makey no sensey.
  • Roomie%s's Photo

Corkscrewed, SAC, Iris, Roomraider, etc etc.

:) I'm still here and active... just under a slightly changed username. Corkscrewed is still active on AIM but rarely pops into the site I'm afraid.

Good to see you back DP.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Somehow I have the feeling that Corkscrewed will return one day.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    probally when we have a new pro tour competition ;) .

@ Dirk Pitt -> you wont recognise me. I came later, but when I was looking at older parks etc I came across your name one or two times I believe.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    I Messaged Cork on FB about this topic... hopefully he saw it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading