General Chat / Holy Shizzle, RCT Still lives?

• Marshy%s's Photo
    Hello Dirk =].
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Works fine on Windows 7. Posix showed me how to do it today, u just need to disable the windows Aero theme by Disabling visual themes and disable descktop competition when right clicking RCT.exe and going to properties.
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    Cleared because of own stupidity.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Yeah, but Lucifer was talking about good old LL, which runs just fine on both 32bit and 64bit win7. Haven't come across any missing trainer functionality.
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    ...Wait. Shit.
    I confused RCT2 with LL.
    But as far as LL and its trainers go, 7 will work just fine.
    Shutting up and clearing out my above post now.
  • Lucifer%s's Photo
    Guess I have no excuse not to look for my old discs, then... :nod:
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    hmmm... Dirk Pitt

Almost rings a bell. I'm kinda part of NE generation II though. I was never on Danimation. I remember looking at the site back in the day, but I was really into recreations before RCT2, so I didn't really get into it much.

Ride6
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    About the RCT2/Win7 problems: It's been working perfectly fine for me for about two years now. I use compatibility mode and disable aero, also for 8cars. The game only froze on my pc when I had Windows Media Player open at the same time. Could this be the cause of the problem for some?

Sorry for going offtopic...
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I just keep this PC on XP. So I don't have to worry about any compatibility issues.

And, I'm building this into a fucking beast with a new MB, upgraded processor, RAM and powered video card. I might even try RCT3 again when I'm finished.

Then again, I might not.

But, I'll be able to (finally, without any lag issues) if I so desire.
  • Nic%s's Photo

It's been a long time that my work was relevant back in the days of Danimation, RCT Station, and early NE among others. I know a lot of older people from a decade ago will remember me, but these peeps I see with "joined in 2011" will have no idea.

Jeez, don't say it was a decade - that scares the hell out of me.

Posting to say hi to all the old faces in here.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Lol ^^^ Sorry to tell you but 2002 to 2012 is 10 years aka a decade. Nice to see in the past week/weeks to see some Veterans coming back to the site and having a look around. Get building again you guys, YOUR WEBSITE NEEDS YOU !!!! :batman:
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Woah, Nic.
  • Angroc%s's Photo

I haven't played in years, mostly due to the fact that it seemed to be that only great parks had nothing but hacks in the coasters and if I built a coaster without custom supports, it was "stupid." The old school way of building in RCT is long gone.

I used to lurk a lot of RCT sites back in those days. I was nothing but a wee lad, so I never got to take a part in it.

I took a long break shortly after RCT2 came out. I then just recently discovered NE, and I get your feeling. I mostly just saw very realistic looking things. Though it impressed me a bunch, I was still missing the old-school looking parks that had more of that RCT "charm" if you will (that, and I don't get why RCT2 had to remove the old wall-styles and the roof looking ground. I really miss the brick wall. : ( )

I think RCT2 opened up a lot of doors with the CTRL/SHIFT function and custom scenery, but it also made people forget about the old doors. The custom scenery added such many possibilities, that sometimes I feel it lost its RCT roots. It completely amazed me back in the day when I saw people using raft-rides and rapids to make rivers. So brilliant! I loved how people would figure out how to do different sort of things with what they had. Most of all though, I feel that things were a bit more freeform back then. I would love to see more freeform stuff. Would you consider make some more parks?
  • posix%s's Photo

I took a long break shortly after RCT2 came out. I then just recently discovered NE, and I get your feeling. I mostly just saw very realistic looking things. Though it impressed me a bunch, I was still missing the old-school looking parks that had more of that RCT "charm" if you will (that, and I don't get why RCT2 had to remove the old wall-styles and the roof looking ground. I really miss the brick wall. : ( )

I think RCT2 opened up a lot of doors with the CTRL/SHIFT function and custom scenery, but it also made people forget about the old doors. The custom scenery added such many possibilities, that sometimes I feel it lost its RCT roots. It completely amazed me back in the day when I saw people using raft-rides and rapids to make rivers. So brilliant! I loved how people would figure out how to do different sort of things with what they had. Most of all though, I feel that things were a bit more freeform back then. I would love to see more freeform stuff. Would you consider make some more parks?

Thank you.
  • Brent%s's Photo

These reunion threads happen about once a year or so. In my class last night, I was sitting next to some guy that said he played RCT and I asked him if he knew about NE or anything.... he didn't. I figured I'd check out the site. I haven't played in years, mostly due to the fact that it seemed to be that only great parks had nothing but hacks in the coasters and if I built a coaster without custom supports, it was "stupid." The old school way of building in RCT is long gone.

It's been a long time that my work was relevant back in the days of Danimation, RCT Station, and early NE among others. I know a lot of older people from a decade ago will remember me, but these peeps I see with "joined in 2011" will have no idea.

I've been MIA the past month due to classes so I missed your post... good to see you at least post once more though. You're right though about how if you build a coaster without custom supports it's seen as being lame around here, which is a main reason why I've given up on coaster building. If there aren't enough hacks, people just don't seem to be that impressed. RCT1 was so much easier than 2...
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

Hey!

So I looked through Steam's game and saw "No Limits 2" coaster game, and thought holy shit I didn't know they were making a second one. I had the first game WAYYY back in the day when they first released it and had to beg my parents to buy it for me. Boy time sure does fly! 

Anyways I thought I would pop on by and see how many of you guys have it and play it and if it's any good to play in a "RCT" mode and park build while also making custom coasters. Are there enough custom content to do this yet? Are there programs or are they good enough to support custom content such as making new paths, fences, shop stalls, things that may not even be coaster-like?

Just thought I would ask y'all since I've been so out of it for so long that I wouldn't even know my way around it now.

Also, whats up with this forum software, this thing is complicated, I cant even find a main list of all topics in the forum yet.

Anyways, hello again!

• Xeccah%s's Photo

hey man what's up

yes, there are programs that we've got for custom rides and stalls and such, but i don't know what they are exactly, i just know they exist lol

with ne5 the focus changed onto projects in expense of the forums

kinda sucks in a way because the forums are dead as FUCK usually

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

That's pretty cool, thinking about trying it out, perhaps play it in a more RCT mode than custom coaster mode. Most of the coaster videos I've seen of the No Limits 2 game looks plain and sparse to me. Its pretty much mostly because there are no park guest under the coaster watching it, or any shop stalls, etc. Things that make a park a park and it just looks very unnatural and sterile to me.

So there's no way of viewing a list of topics in forum categories? The forum is the "New Content" tab and that's it? Only new, un-viewed topic, etc are the category of the forum? Well that sucks some balls for someone like me who just wants to browse and not see every single topic under the sun.

Too bad to hear NE been dead, I was hoping it was a bit more alive for No Limits 2.

• Louis!%s's Photo

kinda sucks in a way because the forums are dead as FUCK usually

The forums were 'dead as fuck' before except for the ad district. The ad district is no longer a forum as it a physical part of the site (the front page).

Too bad to hear NE been dead, I was hoping it was a bit more alive for No Limits 2.

NE hasn't been dead. And we are an RCT site, not a No Limits site. There are plenty of No Limits sites out there with great communities and some of our members are members of them. We do have a couple of NL topics here, and a lot of us do like looking at NL work, everyone is free to share it all, but NE isn't going to support it, unless there was a sudden mass desire from the entire community.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

actually louis, i remember all of the forums being more active than what they are right now, actually, even though the ad district was a big part of that

it's probably more the people in the community leaving and such rather than just the platform

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading