(Archive) Advertising District / Neon Boulevard

• Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    This park was at first inspired by Glasshouse Gardens. I tried to mimic the style, but it was totally impossible (the first attempt was a long while ago). After failing on that, I tried to make a park themed to different colors, but that was sort of a rip from SirSpinster's park, so I went on to make one themed to blue only. That was a failure, and SirSpinster ended up doing that anyway. I then came up with the idea of using neon style colors, and it would look like a city. That idea came from a Winamp AVS preset, if anyone's familiar with that (don't remember who the artist for that one was). I decided that would work well, and almost completed a park like that. Then I realized I didn't have any way to cover up the unused land, because I was trying not to use trees, as that would ruin the look. So I started over on the park, this time using landscaping. To fill up the unused land, I'll be using the bare jagged rocks style, a good example of which is Griffith Rock (or whatever it's called) by Kiddo in the Revolution Project (RCT1).

So, yay.

Screen 1 is of the entrance. There aren't any rocks around it yet, but that doesn't really matter. It's just the entrance. The red-out part is in the next screen (this pic was taken just after the start).

Screen 2 is of the little red-out part, and this is not completely done either. I was in a bit of a hurry when taking this screen. It's a helix of a floorless.

Now folks, there you have it. Comments please.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    I liked the old one better...
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I like it a lot! Although it'd be better if it wasn't raining in that second screen. Well done on the pink - definitely a good choice.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Too little shown too early. The first one's alright, colors are working, but the fact that it's bare around it because you didn't wait another day to show the front done, or at least with more things done makes it so that I don't really like it that much. Put something in front of the ticket booth place (I presume that's what it is) to fill up all the empty path that you have. As for the second screen, same thing, it's not complete. The use of the abstract scenery looks cool, especially on the black building with the pointed pink abstract thing, it looks like it works perfectly for some reason. Someone should cut the slanted SF scenery thing in half so you could do the same thing with the orange scaffolding(sp?) on the left to the right. Get what I mean? I wanna see more of that black and orange building... looks intrigueing from what little's shown. Oh and where you have two doors on that balcony thing, might I suggest you delete one and make it a window instead? That'd look better I'd think. That's all, next time finish a little more of the area you want to show before you post a screen, or just show a little part of the screen to hide all the non-complete stuff. Looks like you're off to a good start though, keep it up.

-Brent ^_^
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    Wow. I like those color choices. I dunno about the floorless' colors though. Nice Job.

-BiO-
  • John9411%s's Photo

I liked the old one better...

Eh... this one has a better "feel" going with it. The other one wasn't bad but this looks to be better.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Its a little clashing for my eyes but despite the colors its coming along nicly. The archy you have in the park seems to be creative and intuitive, great use of the glass.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    *groan* More complete you say, eh Riddler?

Here is an update to Screen 2 then.

Heh. Thanks for the comments everyone. And, Glitchwolf, it is supposed to be a bit clashy. Day-Glo, by default, is not eye-friendly.

Oh, and those random golden rods are supposed to be scenery. You know in parks like ALE or with similar theming, in place of some trees, people use those egyptian columns or the roman columns? These are my neon columns, made from TT's 1/4 tile steel pieces.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    Wow!

I think it looks really cool

The update of screen 2 shows a lot more...sorta but yea. The floorless looks really kool. I dunno if i like those yellow pillars on the rocks tho. Good use of the glass in the entrance.

This is kinda a cross between Glasshouse Gardens, Kai's new park, and Purple Pill Heights

Me like
  • Micool%s's Photo
    You should do more then one color on those vertical bananas.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    LOL... Vertical bananas... good one. And yes, color it crazy. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. Anyways, it does look much better than before... but the way you have that coaster layout, I think a flyer with that same layout would be 10x better... yeah.
  • GuestLittle Wilso%s's Photo
    I like the look of it so far. Its a good idea too which helps. I dont know about the yellow things, but what else could go there.

:et: Turned :et:
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Interesting...

I like the architecture in the first screen best, though overall I'm caught inbetween both parks...

I like the coaster better in this one, but the buildings in the first "Neon" were excellent. Throw some green back in...and the blue and purple...

The more colors the better!

Keep up the good work...

Kai :et:
  • cg?%s's Photo
    I'm a little pissed, as I was doing some similair stuff in RCT2 before it decided to piss me off and start being an ass. But yours is more 'dark', so, yeah, that's good.

Um, I like it. I think you should turn the jagged rocks into rolling hills or something though; they just don't look 'right'.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    NO NO NO...this is horrible!!!!!!!!!!

Just kiddin. Actually, its very nice, but the old one (I think) was alot better and had more of a variety of colors. This one seems too organized and kinda messy. But, it looks good just the same.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    How can one park be both organised and messy?

Anyway, i like it, but the rocks and the yellow things really don't fit. I know it will be hard, but try to fill up pretty much every space with buildings or statues. Any type of foliage really doesn't fit. And get rid of the yellow things. They look shit.
  • CoasterWizard%s's Photo
    Overall I like the look of the park. The updated second screen was easily the best of the bunch, except those yellow pillars look kinda odd, and strangely out of place compared to the rest of the themeing. Architecture is nice too.

But it isn't my kinda park. So, although I think it looks nice, I don't like it. (did that make any sense?)
    Edit: I mean the park is accomplishing what it was made for, that certain theme, but it isn't the type of park that I like, so although the park fits what its supposed to be, I don't like. (I still don't think that made sense)
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    OK, I dunno what to do about the banana's. The station had unusually mixed reviews about that also. I guess some like it and some don't. So, I just made a lot less of them, and upped the number of gardens and shrubs. Here is another screen.

Here is a new screen of the park. Shown is the queue of the floorless "Backfire", which is launched, by the way. That's why it can't be a flyer.

And if I missed a flower that needed to be watered, then too bad. I'll just have to use 8Cars Per Trainer to make it rain.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    Ugh...peeps. Not cool. Makes it a helluvalot slower than usual......but oh well.

Looks nice...I like the colors again...and the queue is "cool."

Turtle...I meant that the paths and buildings are too organized (the old park had buildings and paths strewn everywhere (it was way cool)) and the theming is way too messy.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    The only peeps that care about peeps in parks are people with slow computers... so if that's true with your case, get a job, or save up to buy one.

Anyways, the queue is different than most, but that's because you're a Station guy mainly (not saying I'm not, because I am) in which it's not totally themed to the max, but it's simple and good. And about your flower problem, I'm surprised that you (and many others) don't use Toon's gardens that aren't needed to be watered... saves a lot of time really.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading