(Archive) Advertising District / Neon Boulevard

• Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    You know in RCT2, when it rains, the gardens automatically get watered.

I never even knew about Toon's gardens. But, too late. I'll just have to use 8 Cars Per Trainer to water the stuff.

Meh. Here is a new screen. It's of the entrance area, just a little update before I show you any of the two new coasters. One's just a shuttle, though... but it has quite a nice station. But, check this out fo' some unfinished midwayish stuff. And, here is where the new colors come in. The new section will be green and yellow.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    C'mon, bump here.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Eh, screw it.

But, I have a new screen fo' ya. Back spike of a shuttle that I'm building, and the station. Good station.

You can also see the photo booth thingy, a bridge over some water, and a little bit of the launched floorless back there.

Comment, f00.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Brent%s's Photo
    The queue needs to be redone to make it less boring with the zig-zags that you have for it. It makes it really blah, if you know what I mean. Same with the SF roofing, something needs to be done with that to make it more purrrrrrdy.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    The brown rocks don't do it for me...I love the neon effect, but the surrounding land areas are a bit plain, and don't match at all...Yea, I know...I screw with colors all the time, but there isn't much the brown dirt goes with...take some shiny new sneaks and step in a mud puddle. Not pretty.

Sand or grass or even that red stuff might be better...

Otherwise, the coasters look decent and I've always liked the neon buildings...oh, and those yellow stacks are a bit out of place I think...maybe it is the dirt...maybe just cos they are out on their own and I don't know what they are intended to represent...

Can you clue me in on them?

Thanks,

Kai :huey: <-Neon
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Yeah. I know exactly what you mean by that. I'll need to solve the land problem somehow. I never got it in the old park, which is one of the reasons why I started over. I think I'll use your suggestion on using that clay like stuff and maybe use sand. It's hard to find a good color for that, though.

The pillars. Those are odd, aren't they? At least they're creative. I'll explain again (I posted an explanation on the first page, but it's not like you would've looked for that anyway). In parks with a kind of a "ruined" theme, such as ALE or those Egyptian areas in the Disney parks, you know how they put in the egyptian pillars in as scenery along with the bushes and stuff? It's kind of like that.

More comments appreciated.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    it looks pretty cool. You should talk to Kaibueno when your done. U guys could make a nice collabo
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Huh. Good idea there. I like that. Not sure about Kai though...

But, I'm taking Kai's advice on changing the ground with the "shiny new sneaks" analogy. I've got a new screen for y'alls, and it's of the nice desert sand with some nice grey ground, with rocks made of the red shit mixed in.

Yah. Here we go. Screenie.

Now doesn't that remind you of Glasshouse Gardens?

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • mantis%s's Photo
    It's Gobon City in rct2! Keep the brown rocks, I think they work wonders compared to the (ugly) sand and martian. The brown rocks actually set off the colours, instead of drowning them in puke-coloured land textures.

The yellow pillars look funky.

Well Done so far!
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Gobon City RCT2 style? I beg to differ, this doesn't look like it'd be a sequel to the park on any level. Not that the park isn't bad (like I've stated in my other posts, I like this park), it's just that it doesn't look like it has the same feel to it, as well as the look. But while on topic, there should be a sequel to that park, done by Kai and some other great RCT Master member in RCT2 (since you and Dan don't play RCT2).
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    I've never even seen Gobon City.

Yah. But, here's a screen of an inverted mouser. This ride took forever to put together. I had to go back and forth between RCT1 and RCT2 looking at Klabautermann Bay, because that's the only park I could remember with a good inverted mouser. I tried doing a compact flyer, an SLC, and an even compact-er inverted in this place, before I finally thought of the idea of saving the inverted mouser's track in KB, then opening it in this park for inspiration.

Dumb me.

Here is the screenie thang. And, if you're wondering why there isn't much green in this park, it's because I'm doing the park in sections. There's an orange/yellow/red/pink section, and blue/dark purple/teal section, and a green/yellow section. I haven't really started on the green/yellow section yet. Work has only scratched the surface of the blue/dark purple/teal, but I've got a l33t corkscrew in that section (no screens of that... yet).

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Im really liking this park so far
    keep it up

the mouser is my fave screen
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    wow...that last screen is great. Keep up the good work!
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    *sigh* No replies.

Meh.

Here are two screens of a drop tower I've named "Crystallis".

The Frontside

The Backside

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    Looking better. Archy is definitely looking better! The super-completely-light-blue-tunnel on the inverted mous doesn't fit with the rest of the ride though, and make the red/yellow gardens colors that go with the archy better.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Looking better, better. I don't think the teal fits with the purple, but i guess it'll have to stay. I might grow to like it, you never know.
  • -YumZ%s's Photo
    This park is awesome. My favorite color is black and I love the combo colors. Keep the yellow pillars but add in a few orange or red if you can. The pillars add a refreshing splash of color to the scenery. Archy looks wonderful. I don't like the sand beach color on the rocks though.

amazing park. :yup:
  • mantis%s's Photo
    If only the peeps weren't there to spoil the effect!

The colours are fantastic, but i'm not so sure about the gardens...half of them seem to be....floating?

well done.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Yeah. Unfortunately, the uneven ground gives that effect a little bit. But, I'll live with it.

I will have a new screen up either tonight or tomorrow. Stay tuned, and keep commenting!

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    That drop tower and surrounding area is very nice. I like the mixing of hues in those screens, very nice and pulled off well.

There, happy you little attention whore? :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading