(Archive) Advertising District / Melaus

• Maurice3%s's Photo
    Near an old sports park somewhere in the Netherlands is a large forest. The sports park is bankrupt and the sports terrain + woods are sold.
    The new owner wants to make an amusement park and starts early in 1974 with the construction of paths and the construction of rowing boats and a square with a roundabout.

The sports park:
    Posted Image
    Swimming pool and changing rooms:
    Posted Image
    Tennis court:
    Posted Image
    Soccer:
    Posted Image

The entrance:
    Posted Image
    The rowing boats:
    Posted Image
    The Square:
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    This shows some really nice signs of creativity, especially in the recreational areas. I think you could vary the landscaping up some more where the grass is, and try using some shrubs and plants near the paths.
  • ivo%s's Photo
    Reminds mee very much of those classic dutch rct parks. A few years back in the dutch community everyone was building this way. Reminds me of good times lol...

I can't really say much about the park. Just curious to see where this is going.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Awesome, I haven't seen a park like this in ages. It's the same story all over again and it used to bore the shit out of me, but now it's actually fun to see it once again. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Thank you all.

Because I made this park a long time ago, and because I have made a lot more than I have showed you. I can not use your tips immediately but that doesn't mean I won't use it, I will use your advise in the park I am making at this moment.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I think having a story like that helps a lot, but the whole design of this theoretical content you have is very simple and dull. It creates a cold and lifeless atmosphere.
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    This year the park openend for the first time to the public.
    In an interview the director told that the park has got big plans to compete with other theme parks such as the Efteling, however, the director did't tell what exactly. He just said that 1980 will be an important year.
    The parking lot is at this time still a big sandy area with some trees and it will stay that way for now.
    The sports park will also stay unchanged.

The entrance:
    Posted Image
    The Square:
    Posted Image

The rowing boats:
    Posted Image

New stuff for 1976:
    Canoe lake:
    Posted Image

Posted Image
    Restaurant:
    Posted Image

Posted Image
    Souvenirs:
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

See you next year.

@posix: Is this better? I know it isn't a very interesting story but later on I will write more.
  • mardy%s's Photo
    AWESOME
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo
    <-- mmm disagree, i don't like it, it's ways to old , a themepark does not open with 1 attraction.
    when you want a storyline you first make every foundation of every house and ride, but that's how i'm thinking xD
    you open the park when it's ready for the geust to come ,
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Well, what do you mean with old exactely?
    You say a themepark does not open with one attraction and that is true, but Melaus isn't a theme park yet. At this moment it is a forrest with some small rides, however the main target is to become a theme park.
    So, the park is ready for visitors, and we will just open a new element very year.
  • gijssie1234%s's Photo
    okay i understand, but what i mean with old, your buildingstyle is like a dutch beginner, i't sounds strange.
    i mean that the way you are building and your object choise are not so beautiful
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    I like it :) The way he is going about it maybe old school but its a nice way to build. At this time it has the feel of a national park with some people investing in it to make it better and their long time ambition is to make it into a themepark. All parks have to start somewhere, Keep going Maurice looking forward to a coaster maybe in 1980
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Not a lot of new rides this year.
    At the entrance there is a souvenirshop, at the other end of the park there is a restaurant called ''The Rear'' and it is now also possible to canoe.
    Next year a double carrousel will be opened at ''The Square''
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Super G%s's Photo
    I know you have a story, but maybe it's easyer to put all the updates you've had in one post, and then go further where you are now. Then it's easyer to critisise.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    It looks nice but maybe some better foliage. However, I really like the way this is going, with the storyline and the building style.
    Is the park going to have any coasters?
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    It looks nice, reminds me of those old dutch parks.
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Thank you and to Super G: I will post updates more often but I don't want to place it all at one time.
  • Avni%s's Photo
    This is awesome. I can't wait to hear more of the story!
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Again not a lot of new rides, a double carrousel opened and ''Melaus'' started the construction of a new restaurant.
    The managing director of ''Melaus'' announced that the ride for 1980 will be: A rollercoaster from Vekoma that will have everything to do with fire.

The latest attraction:
    Posted Image

The first design sketches of the rollercoaster ''Fire'' and the eponymous restaurant:
    Posted Image

There are already some cubic meters of earth deposited for a new bridge:
    Posted Image

And some construction progress:
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • -Piggynator-%s's Photo
    The drawing is awesome :D :D :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading