(Archive) Advertising District / Melaus

• Maurice3%s's Photo
    Well thank you, it might not suprisse you that my math marks weren't so great :p
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Something went wrong, never mind.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    ^what have do those drawings to do with math ?
  • Liampie%s's Photo

^what have do those drawings to do with math ?

He made them during math lessons probably.
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Liampie is right, I made them during those boring math lessons :p
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    This year the restaurant ''Fire'' opened:
    Posted Image

Posted Image

According to the managing director ''Melaus'' will start building its rollercoaster ''Fire'', the rollercoaster will be build by Vekoma and will have a capacity of nearly 1.500 visitors per hour.

Next year ''Melaus'' wil also start the construction of a horror attraction called ''Castle Hansuig''.
    The following sketches were released :
    Posted Image
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Amazing, I really love this. It has such a deep nostalgic charm, almost melancholic.
    The drawings show you think about what you do, and the atmosphere you want to create.
    Your foliage need some refinement, but the overall atmosphere and feeling are overwhelming.
  • -Piggynator-%s's Photo
    again love the drawing and you made it all dutch ''vuur'' :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    @Leonidas: Thank you very much and about the foliage: what can I do beter with the foliage for example?

@Piggynator: I made it al Dutch because I first placed it on a Dutch website and because it is a Dutch park. However, my next park will be English.
  • Super G%s's Photo
    The Disney one?
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Well, there goes the surprise :p
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Oh, sorry dude.
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Its okay, now everybody can look forward to it :p
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Why?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Because Cena is involved. ;)
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Cena, if you don't like what you see, go away and don't annoy anyone with your annoying posts. Seriously, go away and never return...
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    No new rides this year, however, ''Melaus'' started the construction of the rollercoaster ''Fire'', which will open in 1980, and the begining of ''Castle Hansuig'' which will open in 1981. The next data is released regarding ''Fire'':
    Constructor: Vekoma
    Capacity: 1500 visitors per hour
    Cost: 3.3 million dollar
    Inversions: 3

The interior of ''Castle Hansuig'' will be completely in-house designed and built. The shell will be built by ''Van Nieuwpoort''. The atraction will not hold a transportation system, the visitors must walk trough the castle with a room that spins around the visitors as culmination.
    ''Castle Hansuig'' will preliminary be the last ride to be built near the centre of the park to presurve the nature. ''Castle Hansuig'' will also have a restaurant.

The first pictures of the newest attractions:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

''Castle Hansuig'':

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Maurice3%s's Photo

The new rollercoaster ''Fire'' is finnaly open.
    The track is 1062 meters long and is the longest in Holland.
    The maximum speed is 50 mph en the rides takes almost 1.50 min.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The building for ''Castle Hansuig'' is finished and ''Melaus'' will now start decorating

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And ''Van Nieuwpoort'' started the construction of a darkride at the Eastern park boundry.
    The theme will be: Traveling

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    It does have a certain charm, but it's a bit simplistic for my taste,
    You're obviously going for realism, but while doing so you're leaving out
    the many details and imperfections that make reality so interesting.
    I'm not getting that thrill of realism when looking at this, it looks
    too rationalized and ordered. Coincidental and weird features make theme parks
    vivid and interesting. This just doesn't look like the wind is blowing through it,
    if you know what I mean.
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo
    There's something really nice about that fourth screen with the sign in it. But I do agree with what leonidas said, and feel that there needs to be a bit more evidence of the act of construction (piles of materials, temporary delivery routes, builders and their demountable offices etc.)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading