(Archive) Advertising District / Disneyland Philadelphia

• Maurice3%s's Photo
    After the great succes of Disneyland Anaheim the Disney Company has desided to create a new par near Philadelphia.
    The groundworks started in the begining of this year and later the first walls were placed.
    The foundations you will see in a minute are mainly from the rides, the restaurants etc. will come next year.
    When the park opens in 1965 there will be more then 20 rides incluiding ''Space Mountain'' and ''Pirates of the Caribbean''

The terrain before the construction:
    Posted Image

The berm where the ''Disneyland Railroad'' will ride:

Posted Image

The Main Street U.S.A.:

Posted Image

Frontierland and Fantasyland:

Posted Image

Frontierland:

Posted Image

Tommorowland:

Posted Image

Adventureland:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Main Street U.S.A.:

Posted Image

Overview:

Posted Image

A few months later:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The park will open with 24 attractions and 4 lands.

Main Street U.S.A. with:
    -Hall of Presidents
    -?
    -?

Fantasyland with:
    -Peter Pan's Flight
    -?
    -?
    -?
    -?
    -?
    -?
    -?
    -?

Adventureland with:
    -Enchanted Tiki Room
    -?
    -?
    -?

Frontierland with:
    -Haunted Mansion
    -?

Tommorowland with:
    -Astro Orbiter
    -Space Mountain
    -?
    -?
    -?
    -?

You can guess what else is coming.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I really like how you're mapping this out.
    You've got me intrigued, sir.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I love Dutch RCT photostories. Looking forward to seeing more.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    Space mountain will be an attraction of tomorrow land?
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Thank you all for the replies.

@BC(rct2): Yes.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I like the presentation and thought behind this so far except for one thing...it's hard to put Philly and Disney together in the same thought process. I mean, this is the place that threw snowballs at Santa and cheered when Michael Irvin suffered a career-ending injury. Not exactly the "Happiest Place On Earth".
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Well, I did not know that and because I do not live in the States I do not know a lot about Philly at all. I have just picked this place because it is not close to one of the other parks but it is close to a lot of people. So I do not think that it is verry important what happened in Philly exactly.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Yeah, Philadelphia fucking sucks. And on top of it sucking it has cold winters and therefore the parking couldn't really operate in the winter, which is something Disney avoids. Texas would really be the only somewhat logical area for Disney to build a new park in the states in my opinion

I like what you're doing with the park tho
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Fuck usa, Australia needs a good park
    Disneyland Australia, woot!
  • RMM%s's Photo

Yeah, Philadelphia fucking sucks. And on top of it sucking it has cold winters and therefore the parking couldn't really operate in the winter, which is something Disney avoids. Texas would really be the only somewhat logical area for Disney to build a new park in the states in my opinion

I like what you're doing with the park tho

im hoping you mean 'park' and not 'parking'.
  • Cena%s's Photo

Fuck usa, Australia needs a good park
    Disneyland Australia, woot!

Australia doens't have enough people living there to pay for such a huge investment. A disney park is a several billion dollar investment!
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Philly is close enough to New York that people from the city could come. Thats a massive population within driving distance (which is partially why Six Flags Great Adventure is such a big park). However, there's also a few other parks competing in that area (Hersheypark, Dorney Park) that could draw business away, although Disney is a drastically different park from any of the others. As for the cold, a lot of the major Disney attractions are indoors (with the exception of some of the flat rides and Big Thunder and Splash Mountain) so there could be arrangements made for that. Park looks really good so far though
  • nin%s's Photo
    I guess you haven't seen the Disney Australia concept art released a few years ago, Cena. It was a but more than just a rumor.

I don't have that much of a problem with the location; I love awkward spots for parks. It's the scale that I have issues with.
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Well, let I just start with saying that it is 1963, I do not know how old the parks you were talking about are but maybe they did not excist back then.
    I have also been thinking about Australia but I believe that there are not enough people. And I do not know how cold it can get but almost all the rides are inside, and the outside rides, well, I do not know what to do with them, but the most could go open I think.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    You could of course always just change the name.. Just a thought though..
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Philly gets enough snow that there would have to be snow clearing measures in place, but a few imagingineers could come up with a solution for that. You could potentially have Big Thunder working if the track was clear of ice, but I'm not sure how that would work theme-wise (a desert canyon covered in snow seems kinda odd) but a Fantasyland covered in snow could look really nice as a winter attraction. As for the cold, people will still do stuff, you would just have to have ways of keeping them warm enough so that they don't freeze.
  • ivo%s's Photo
    Megalomaniac structures. Totally different than the way I tend to build but that makes it more intresting :D
  • Highball%s's Photo
    Disney has no problem operating parks where there's cold winters. Both Paris and Tokyo Disneylands experience snow and the parks continue to operate normally (for the most part).

Disneyland Paris:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And Tokyo Disneyland:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Just remove the Philadelphia tag from the name and you can just continue building Maurice.

I really can't say anything else about this since you only mapped the map out, and there isn't any structural work done. It looks promising though!
  • coasterfreak101%s's Photo
    As far as the location goes, you could always revive the Disney America concept from years ago - it was slated for Northern Virginia, like thirty miles outside of D.C. That would give you a location that hasn't been covered by Disney, but was realistically considered to be!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading