(Archive) Advertising District / Disneyland Philadelphia

• Maurice3%s's Photo
    I don't really see the problem but since you don't like it, I will change it. Just tell me what the best place would be.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Disneyland kabul, I hear they are doing brilliant things there.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^^the problem is there is no room in philly to even build a park. it's a cluster fuck
    -JDP
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo

I don't really see the problem but since you don't like it, I will change it. Just tell me what the best place would be.

Just make up a location. Then get creative with culture, history, topography etc.etc.etc. ,,
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    There's enough open area around Philly that a site could be found within a half-hour drive (traffic nonwithstanding). There are also a few major roads in the area that a park could be right off of so that you could get there easily. The park doesn't have to be right in the city, just close enough that the name can be justified.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Being from the Philly area, I am very intrigued with this.
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Guys, why doing so difficult about the place. It is about quality of buildings, coaster lay-outs. Not about if the place is a good one...
  • Maurice3%s's Photo

The park isn't nearly finnished yet but we're coming closer to the opening date.

All the rides are finished on the outside and they are now working to make everything on the inside just as good looking as the outside. There will come some extra buildings but they are mainly backstage buildings and restaurants.

The next few months they will concentrate on the infrastucture. After they have finnished all the roads and paths the plantation will come and the park will be nearly finnished.

You can still guess what the rides will be, the comlete list won't be posted before opening day.

Mainstreet:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Adventureland:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Halfway through the year a part of the site has become accesible to recruit staff:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Backstage at Discoveryland:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fantasyland:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Adventureland:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Frontierland:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Overview:

Posted Image
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Dude, you're taking Dutch timeline park-creation to a whole new level... wow.

I wonder what you're going to do with the foliage, architecture etc., right now it's rather difficult to judge from pure landscaping and half-done buildings what this is going to be. For now I have 2 important tips:

-Don't be too generous with the bright colors, even your backlot areas are extremely flashy. Maybe a bit too.
    -Try and put a lot of detail in, it's Disney so it needs it to get that Disney-feel. The whole Disney feel/style is highly based upon extremely detailed archy. :)

Good luck, looks like you've got an enormous amount of work ahead of you. Then again, you seem to be a rather fast builder as well. :)
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    This is starting to look promising.

I love how you're turning those awfull structures that made me think your work sucks balls to what they currently are already -> Way better !

- Be generous with the bright colors, maybe not in the backlot areas but it's still disney.
  • Ruben%s's Photo

- Be generous with the bright colors, maybe not in the backlot areas but it's still disney.

Touché. However, you have to agree that at times this is just a bit tóó much, even for Disney. ;)

P.s. how are ''backlot areas'' really called in themeparks? I know this is a term used for movie studios, but don't know what they use for the backstage areas of themeparks. Any native speaker that wants to enlighten me on this?
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    No, the buildings look so bright because they are underdetailed and are currently just blocks of one color.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo

how are "backlot areas" really called in themeparks?

From my experience they're usually called "back stage" areas or "restricted areas" in real life, but you can call it anything you want.
    Anyway, this park is starting to look really nice. Can't wait to see it finished
  • Maurice3%s's Photo
    Thank you all for the replies, it makes it a lot more fun to build and post.

I have thought about the use of brighte colours and I will re-paint some of the buildings, especially in the backstage areas. The new colours will be mainly ''go-away-green''

About the name of the backstage area, I once read something about Disneyland and it is said that whole Disneyland is like a theatre, that is why you have cast members instead of employees. It was also said that all the cast members have a ''script'' and that they are not allowed to use words as ''no''.
    This is why the ''secret'' areas are called backstage, in Disneyland it is almost impossible to see somethign from backstage and I will try to do the same, like using two doors so that one is always closed.

I hope to have the next update ready soon but it can take a few weeks since I have a lot of work to do for school as well.
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo
    Hah! There’s something impressive about the castle covered in scaffolding. I’m reminded of something hatching from an egg for some reason... Anyway, I’d really like to see all this stuff when the framework comes off.
  • Maurice3%s's Photo

Finnaly. After more than two years of waiting the park has finnaly opened on the first of may 1965. The opening was celebrated with acts from Frank Sinatra, The Beatles and many others on the Main Square. Disneyland opened with 24 attractions:

Main Street with:
    -Hall of Presidents
    -Main Street Cinema
    -Disneyland Railroad

Fantasyland with:
    -Peter Pan's Flight
    -Its a small World
    -Snow White's Scary Adventures
    -Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    -Alice in Wonderland
    -Mad Hatters Tea Cups
    -Alice's Labyrint
    -King Arthur's Carrousel
    -Pinocchio's Daring yourney
    -Disneyland Railroad

Adventureland with:
    -Enchanted Tiki Room
    -Pirates of the Caribbean
    -The Doom Mine
    -Jungle Cruise

Frontierland with:
    -Haunted Mansion
    -Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    -Disneyland Railroad

Tommorowland with:
    -Astro Orbiter
    -Space Mountain
    -House of the Future
    -Submarine Voyage
    -Autopia
    -Starcade
    -Disneyland Railroad

There are also a lot of restaurants and souvenir shops.

Now quick to the foto's, if you have any quastions, just ask.

Parking:

Posted Image

Entrance and Mainstreet:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fantasyland:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tommorowland:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Frontierland:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Adventureland:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Backstage:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And in conclusion; an overview:
    Posted Image

See you next year.
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    Looks really good! One thing is the pink pathing and the use of pre-made objects. The path is really bright and I think brick would look a little better. Pre-made objects may look nice but it would be more innovative to build the ship or skull using building blocks.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Sorry, but I really feel like you went overboard with the colors (even for a Disney Park) and you should have used more detailed objects.

Your building rate is shocking, seeing you did all this in 89 rct-years. (shocking in a positive sense) The way you plan your park and it's overall lay-out is great. Whý undo all that with a complete lack of detail? For example big thunder mountain, it's just one big red blur with some track through it and 10 shrubs on it. Why not be less hasty and make something great out of it?

This park has loads of potential. You as a builder have loads of potential. However, this does not do you right... sorry.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Is this going to be released at some point. :mantis:
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    some parts of it look too similair to the old, outdated disney parks because of the standard scenery types you use. the rest of it just seems way too bare and does not give a disney vibe at all. imo, this park feels way too outdated to get excited about.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading