(Archive) Advertising District / Dark Realms

• Angroc%s's Photo
    Thanks all for the nice words!!

Goliath: thanks for the enthusiasm!
    Posix: Don't make me blush man! But I'll see what I can do, though I am very busy with school, so things are going very slow.
    Turtle: Thanks for your constructive feedback. I understand what you're saying, and I'll definitely keep it in mind while working on my park. My idea though, is that I want to have the tracks sort of blend in, while the trains stand out with stark colours, so you almost get the impression they're flying through the scenery. I am a big fan of the "alton towers" concept where you keep things as close to the ground as possible. I was just always a fan of when the tracks blend into the scenery. that, I want to make sure I have "dark" feel to things. But thanks for your tip. Ill try to incorporate some more colours and the dead apple trees.

Posted Image
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Love it as always playboy!
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Oh my god. That first screen is EVERYTHING.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    Some very good and unconventional structures there. I am amazed. Even though the screens are very brown, it feels very colourful. Thats what I find most fascinating about them.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    use of cash machines as roofs is genius. love it as always.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I didn't get the whole amazement about these first few screens, but the last couple are indeed special.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    These screens make me believe more that it's not just playing around but that you actually have the inspiration to build this.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    I agree with Louis!. You're improving extremely fast.
  • Saaam%s's Photo
    That's awesome! you catch on quickly!
  • Levis%s's Photo
    yeah :D. good job :D.

my most important tip is don't keep lingering on the theme to much yet. Probally you will get bored with this theme soon. Just finish this up then and start something new and keep experimenting with a lot of themes first before you really try to build a large park ;).
    first make a lot of small releases.
    its looking really nice and like to see where you can take it to.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    You have the gift.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    And the curse ;) .
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I've enjoyed it all but those last screens show incredible leaps forward. I'm very interested to see this completed because you could have something very special. It seems like it's very intricately put together.
  • Angroc%s's Photo
    Round round the goblin town!
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for all the nice comments! I really don't feel I deserve it, but hey I'll take it. : ) I am happy you guys enjoy my unrealistic style.

This screen/area is still a wip, want to do more detailing/quarter tiling, but just wanted to show you guys something since its been long since last update. School is super busy , so I barely get any time for my park. Anyways, my thoughts behind this part of park is that it's a place where three coasters 'meet up'. The woodie goes south (I already you showed you that one), the flying coaster goes south-east, and the floorless goes west. Both the floorless and the flying travels around inside the structure quite a bit before leaving.
  • CoasterCreator9%s's Photo
    Really enjoying this park!

Last two screens are quite good, love the complexity!
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    My god, that's amazing.
    Very raw, like industrial/medieval.
    Don't get stuck with the same objects though..
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I love it, but the detailing is bordering on messy. Watch out with that. :)
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    You know, I've been debating with myself wether I should get back to LL or 2 when I sort out my computer stuff, and this makes a strong case for 2.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    This park is fucked in a good way. Cool stuff.
  • Angroc%s's Photo
    Here is a long picture.

Posted Image

This is Nargleth Cliffslither.

Posted Image

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading