2011 / 2011 New Element Award Voting

• Louis!%s's Photo

Posted Image

The 2011 NE Awards are now open! The poll will stay open until a few hours before the ceremony, so make sure you have cast your vote in time. Please ensure you have viewed all candidates before casting your vote!

The Awards Ceremony will be held Sunday, March 18th 2012, 9pm(GMT), 4pm(EST), 3pm (CST), 1pm (PST), 10pm (MET) in a group chat. This will be placed at the bottom of the front page. They are always a fun-filled event, so make sure you are there to participate!

We thank all those who helped us put the nomination list together. See you at the awards and may the best nominees win!

------------------------

Full chatlog of the Ceremony can be found here thanks to verti.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Voting is now open!
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Not going to lie, it's a tad bit disappointing to see 2 out of 2011's three spotlights getting less nominations than most of the designs released by big names and even a failed submission...
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Voted. On some points it was easy to chose, other were very difficult to pick one winner.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^Agreed. Some categories were incredibly difficult to choose nominations for, let alone a winner!
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    Orca from Ocean Adventures should've been a consideration for best steel coaster, I honestly would've picked it hands down. :/
    Other than that, it's awesome to get a nomination even though we all know gjissie is going to win that one. :p So thanks very much.
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    I think Phantom's logo could of won best logo but there were some hard decisions in here.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    I just spent the last few hours having frequent orgasms while looking at the candidates. And that's only for Best Park. I might very well jizz in my pants if I don't take some time between viewing the others.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

I think Phantom's logo could of won best logo but there were some hard decisions in here.

Yeah, our policy is to provide one nomination to each logo artist of the year, unfortunately with 5dave it was a choice between Phantom and Portal. Portal was deemed slightly better, it was a tough decision, as always when choosing between 5dave's logos :p
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^I thought his one for nightingale was the best but the portal one was good too.

I do agree with robbie in that I felt some parks dominated the awards while some very deserving parks didn't even make an appearence... there were tons of good designs this year but tons of the decisions came down to voyager, dreamport, and a couple others. Not to say they're bad (I love them) but I think some variety within the different categories would have been nice. And some things, like whatever aeronatica was, didn't really seem to deserve multiple nominations...

but overall I'm pretty happy with this anyway, we had a great year and hopefully we'll have another one too!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Nightingale was 2012 not 2011.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Excited to see the results! Some very difficult decision but also some missing nominees in multiple categories... I guess we can't have it all.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    never really been nominated for anything if i can remember but this year i saw my name a few times. that itself is a win in my eyes, and thanks to all who thought my work deserved to hang around the best
    -JDP
  • verti%s's Photo
    No idea how you guys ended up picking the contest logo out of the stuff I did last year, but that's all fine I suppose.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Damn, was really hoping to see a nomination for my mini park in roomies christmas challenge. Just gonna make me try harder this year. I'll have to take some time before I end up voting either way, very excited to see how this year turns out.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Still think we should have a "Best RCT2 NCSO Park" hopefully we will for this year's coming events!
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    My votes are in. Good luck to everyone! :D
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

Orca from Ocean Adventures should've been a consideration for best steel coaster, I honestly would've picked it hands down. :/

HOA was released in 2010. Thanks though for the kind words
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    Oh god am I that off pace? It won last year. :p
  • 202mitch%s's Photo
    My votes are in! Good Luck to all candidates :D some fantastic parks and designs last year!!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading