(Archive) Advertising District / Thoughts

• Liampie%s's Photo

Posted Image

M E T R O P O L I S

Posted Image

• Milo%s's Photo
    Pretty god damn awesome. Kinda getting an x-sector mixed with old Roomie single path vibe going.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    AMAZING! So much interaction. Favorite thing from you ever. Colors are a bit strange but I fucking love it man!
  • RCTER2%s's Photo
    WOW,GREAT!!!
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Brilliant screen theres so much going on :eek:
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    It's so.. invisible...

EDIT: Nevermind. Your hoster just doesn't like Chrome -.-"

Ontopic: The only texture I don't like in that context is the yellow grid. And I don't really understand the city walls =/
  • Ruben%s's Photo

The only texture I don't like in that context is the yellow grid.

This
  • ivo%s's Photo
    Well that yellow grid makes it defiantly more urban. I like it. Fun coasters and such
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    I can't see a thing, just METROPOLIS
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    Yeah. I only see the word "METROPOLIS" - I'm using Firefox.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Thanks people! Glad you like it as it's a kinda weird screen. Maybe.

Pretty god damn awesome. Kinda getting an x-sector mixed with old Roomie single path vibe going.

I was thinking x-sector with Nevis and Mala with X-influences. I love the depth in x-sector's work, Nevis inspired me to use uncommon textures and shapes, Mala inspired me with his free-style rides and RMM's X is just insanely awesome because it both looks good and it's peepable.

AMAZING! So much interaction. Favorite thing from you ever. Colors are a bit strange but I fucking love it man!

While building this I knew you would love this. :p

Ontopic: The only texture I don't like in that context is the yellow grid. And I don't really understand the city walls =/

About the yellow grid: fair enough. About the urban textures: why?

I like the look of the textures here, they're vivid. I love bright colour schemes when they're good.

I can't see a thing, just METROPOLIS

Yeah. I only see the word "METROPOLIS" - I'm using Firefox.

I used the host I always use for my screens. The host is not down. Ctrl+f5? If that doesn't work, pity. Do you like the text? :)
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Fantastic! I love the mixture of things going on, the colors clash a little bit, but man what a screen!
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Ahh I knew there was Mala and Nevis influence in there :) It looks like a ton of fun dude, I hope you do a whole park like this!
  • RMM%s's Photo
    the most difficult part of doing a peep friendly park is maintaining big, interesting buildings and structures along the thin pathing. and from the screen, it looks like you've done a nice job with that. and when people build single pathed parks, the focus is always on the roller coasters. and that's what we need to get back to here. nothing here at this site would make me happier than to see a huge influx of peep friendly parks.

keep us updated liam.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I agree with the people who don't like the yellow grid texture, but other than that it's great

Maybe try some sort of path or something I don't know, I'm just trying to picture this in reality and I can't imagine what those yellow roof pieces would like like. I know this is fantasy but everything else in the screen seems to be sort of plausibe yet unlikely, while those just aren't plausible as a real texture
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I like that. It really feels old school. I'd prefer it if you toned down the "hectic" a little bit more though, and made it a bit more aesthetically pleasing. That would really feel like a proper throw-back. I love what you did with the waterfalls, but that fountain in the middle is just adding uneccessary clutter. Just remember that its good to have some bare spots to contrast the crazy bits.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Very very old school. I like it for the nostalgic value, but beyond that I'm not sure.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    I'm sorry Liam, but I don't like this at all. I think it's a good thing that you (or members in general) are occasionally going back to the building style of a long time ago, but that doesn't mean you have to forget or ignore all the improvements that are made to that style during the developent of LL. Huge, impressive fantasy coasters? Cool. Flashy colours? Cool. Unrealistic landscaping? Okay. Chaotic architecture? Okay. But to me the foliage, the yellow grid roofs, the composition, the paths, the column towers are just plain ugly. I don't dislike it for looking outdated, I dislike it for being way too messy and aesthetically not pleasing at all to me, while I love your other LL work.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Wish the screen was showing.
  • Tolsimir%s's Photo
    I feel like some of the members here are real good at sarcasm :-/

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading