(Archive) Advertising District / Thoughts

• Liampie%s's Photo

Ahh I knew there was Mala and Nevis influence in there :) It looks like a ton of fun dude, I hope you do a whole park like this!

It's a 128² map, but not everything will be like this. The map is a stream of consciousness, partially explaining the park's name. Right now I'm building this more realistic looking public transport hub. Sounds weird but I like it so far.

I'm just trying to picture this in reality

That's where you go wrong :p

I like that. It really feels old school. I'd prefer it if you toned down the "hectic" a little bit more though, and made it a bit more aesthetically pleasing. That would really feel like a proper throw-back. I love what you did with the waterfalls, but that fountain in the middle is just adding uneccessary clutter. Just remember that its good to have some bare spots to contrast the crazy bits.

You're right about the fountain. I shouldn't have done that. I think in the end it's not as hectic as the screens shows. Just wait because I'm not changing it anyway :lol:

I'm sorry Liam, but I don't like this at all. I think it's a good thing that you (or members in general) are occasionally going back to the building style of a long time ago, but that doesn't mean you have to forget or ignore all the improvements that are made to that style during the developent of LL. Huge, impressive fantasy coasters? Cool. Flashy colours? Cool. Unrealistic landscaping? Okay. Chaotic architecture? Okay. But to me the foliage, the yellow grid roofs, the composition, the paths, the column towers are just plain ugly. I don't dislike it for looking outdated, I dislike it for being way too messy and aesthetically not pleasing at all to me, while I love your other LL work.

It's not a serious project... It's a step down from Giari Palms, which was a step down from The Escapist Experience. I just go with the flow and see where it'll take me. Maybe I can revisit areas when the map is full.

Wish the screen was showing.

What is it with you people having problems with my screens? Usually I get no complaints.

Attached Image: adv1.PNG

I feel like some of the members here are real good at sarcasm :-/

Is that sarcasm?

Thanks for the comments and the feedback!
  • posix%s's Photo
    Oh of your LL park? Nice.

It's too messy for me of course but still pretty cool to look at.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    I still cannot believe this is from 2012 ...
    Would fit amazing into the classic masterpieces from the NE history threads.

However, I have to agree with posix, it is a little too messy for my likes.
  • Wanted%s's Photo

It's a 128² map, but not everything will be like this. The map is a stream of consciousness, partially explaining the park's name. Right now I'm building this more realistic looking public transport hub. Sounds weird but I like it so far.

Stream of consciousness is my favorite type of...pretty much everything. So I think it's a great idea!
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Posted Image

T H E . T E R M I N A L

Posted Image

Attached Image: adv2.png
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    :drool:
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Dude this is one crazy park
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    This is pretty badass.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    This is awesome Liampie. Great work.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Amazing :SA:
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    So much better than you previous update. This made an instant wow impression.
    I love the urban atmosphere, created with so few tools.

This might be my favorite LL screen ever..
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Ok so that really is incredible.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Lol, I thought this screen would be a major disappointment for you guys. I'm glad it's not, but I'm afraid to show the next update I yet have to build. How can I top this? :p
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    wow. soooooo much atmosphere!
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    So much better than the previous screen!
  • verti%s's Photo
    Reminds me of Utrecht. Awesome stuff.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I agree it's really impressive. Looks totally convincing.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    The first screen is great for that style, but I'm not huge on it. The second screen is incredible though. Really, really incredible.
  • RMM%s's Photo

I agree it's really impressive. Looks totally convincing.

couldn't have said it better.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    WOW THAT'S DAMN GOOD. that's a style and atmosphere I've never seen in LL before, its really astonishing. But those arches needs supporting :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading