H2H6 / H2H6 General Topic

• K0NG%s's Photo
    The more I think about this, the more I'm seeing Liam's point. Adding players to the 10 man roster (to 12 or 13) would make it much more difficult to manage and adding 2 more teams would most likely lead to a decrease in quality.

I was just thinking about people not being drafted feeling left out.
  • Whitehawk%s's Photo
    Decreased quality? Not necessarily. Sure, if there is a team comprised purely of unknowns, okay, but, that's unlikely to be the case. With 8, all teams would have a similar level of experience, as the better, older players would get grabbed up at the beginning, leaving the newer ones to be spread among the various teams. I just feel as though newer players would greatly benefit and improve under the tutelage of the more experienced park makers.

But, up to the administration to decide.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I hear you guys and agree with some of your points. This will be discussed backstage. :)
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo

I was just thinking about people not being drafted feeling left out.

wow, this truly will be an amazing event full of new players and change... K0NGs worried about feelings..
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    6 teams with 10 players each please... anymore and we'll seriously need to re-structure the contest and I don't think that's worth it just so EVERYONE can play.
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    I have an idea. How bout two divisions in one league overall?
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    I mean look at how many BEASTS there are already signed up. kumba, nin, trav, liam, louis, cena, magnus, kong, robbie, casimir, 5dave, pacificoaster, roomie, loopy, in:cities, airtime, rmm, dimi, steve, gwazi, that_guy, levis, avaninecommuter, rctca, fisch, cocoa, rrp, sssammy, nokia, jdp, turtle, camcorder22, toslmir, belgianguy, prodigy, jj, j k. 36 BEASTS (I'm sure I missed a lot of BEASTS)

Now for the sake of making this easier for my point, let's say I missed a few beasts (probably did) and there are 40 beasts. These amazing players will get drafted in the first 4-5 rounds.
    32 players + 8 captains / 8 teams = 1 captain + 4 amazing players. That's already SO many combinations of really good players that each team could use.

There are at least 24 (probably more, but I'm keeping it at 24 for the sake of my argument) EXTREMELY capable players still left in the pool. That means all 8 teams will get 3 decent players. 1 captain + 4 amazing players + 3 decent players

Now left in the pool are the remaining young players. All haven't been exposed to much action or organization before. 16 young players will get drafted.

This means each of the !!!EIGHT!!! teams will consist of

1 Captain (ALL REALLY GOOD PLAYERS)
    4 REALLY FUCKING GOOD PLAYERS
    3 Decent players
    2 Young players

=10 players making up a great team of SO much H2H potential.

H2H is about making amazing parks AND creating future talent. Just saying :mantis:
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Didn't know I was seen as a beast =D
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    I'd say keep the same amount of players. Let the people who are worried that they are not good enough to picked show off their stuff and get noticed by the captains. Doing this can also show your commitment which is something you will need in H2H.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    I joined the site right in the midst of H2H5 and it's always given off an unrivaled sense of grandeur, and I don't think we'd be doing any favors by opening participation to every player. Logistically, it would cause problems with the current planning, and Liam's right, the quality of parks would drop. This is probably the most activity I've seen on the site in my nearly 3 years visiting it and with all the old faces returning, I feel like we should just leave this competition to the big guns and the chosen few new players who are selected and enjoy the show.
  • molemaster43%s's Photo
    I would be considered a young player. I recently got back into RCT2. Not very experienced, but I have been learning a lot and I think I can help work and make one heck of a park.
  • ivo%s's Photo
    I don't have the time to read though whole the topic...

I am just going to try as a player. mainly playing rct2
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    I'm a bit nervous about this. I hope I get drafted but I am not sure if I have what it takes.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    I think there should definitely be an event for those who don't get picked.

But after having thought about it for quite a while I don't think it'd be wise to have more teams. You could have 1 captain + 10 players though. That'd be a possibility to include more new faces into the teams but to still keep the level of all the parks at the very top. I think 66 would already be a considerably big number of players in this competition and after all there need to be some neutral spectators here as well. :p

Maybe do a separate newcomers' contest or something like that for all of those who didn't get picked.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    well we can always see right ;).
    if someone is bored we could just get the deadmatches back for the non-participating members. that isn't really much work :p.
    Or just make something like a NEDC :p, give them a design or something like that and let them complete it before a certain time and submit it.
    still when you are not picked it probally means the captains think you aren't good enough YET. so my advice is just keep playing and make sure you submit things to the site and try to win acoolades so next time you are picked.
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    I agree with Fisch knowing that I probably won't get picked. Idk what a good "consolation" type of deal would be though. Maybe a micro tournament?
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    Sign me up for RCT2 CS and NCSO.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo

I mean look at how many BEASTS there are already signed up. kumba, nin, trav, liam, louis, cena, magnus, kong, robbie, casimir, 5dave, pacificoaster, roomie, loopy, in:cities, airtime, rmm, dimi, steve, gwazi, that_guy, levis, avaninecommuter, rctca, fisch, cocoa, rrp, sssammy, nokia, jdp, turtle, camcorder22, toslmir, belgianguy, prodigy, jj, j k. 36 BEASTS (I'm sure I missed a lot of BEASTS)

I don't belong in that paragraph haha.

But thank you either way:]
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    I take back what I said. 6 teams is right. lol im an idiot
  • Comet%s's Photo
    This shouldn't really be up for debate

It sucks for the people that get left out, and I very well may be one of them, but it should just inspire those people to improve to the point where they actually do belong to be part of a team. I'd be even more disappointed if the quality of the contest was lowered than if I wasn't a part of it. It would be stupid for people like robbie and Turtle to work on a park just to see that it's going up against 'newguy1' and 'newguy2's park because more rounds were created to let more people in, or for people like robbie and Turtle to be stuck working around 'newguys' work in a particular park because we added more people to each team. It's clear the quality would drop, and it's not like with 60 spots there won't be room for some newer people to make the next step if they've earned it, but not everybody should be able to just do so. Build something that warrants you worthy to enter the contest, then take the next step while in this contest, don't just think you deserve to take the next step right now

posix, Louis, Liampie, and gee keep doing what you're doing you guys are the one with the experience

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading