H2H6 / H2H6 General Topic

• Gwazi%s's Photo
    This topic is now about the paper I wrote until 6:00 am last night.

By 1980, the idea of a racial democracy in Brazil had all but faded, replaced by the acknowledgment of the existence of racial discrimination. Discuss.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

This topic is now about the paper I wrote until 6:00 am last night.

By 1980, the idea of a racial democracy in Brazil had all but faded, replaced by the acknowledgment of the existence of racial discrimination. Discuss.

or we can talk about something actually interesting, like ice cream. My favorite is pistachio.
  • trav%s's Photo
    My girlfriend's favourite flavour is pistachio.

Are you my girlfriend?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I haven't had ice cream in 2,5 weeks. It was expensive as fuck, but in return I got some of the best banana ice cream I ever had.

edit: forgot the pun. It tasted like a heavenly dessert.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    This topic is now about the weather.

It's really nice here, except it's starting to get cloudy and it might rain soon. Discuss.

This topic is now about the weather.

It's really nice here, except it's starting to get cloudy and it might rain soon. Discuss.

It was supposed to rain here saturday which would have ruined everything as this is our Spring Weekend where we have bands come for concerts. Now the rain has been pushed back to Sunday so life is all good again! Although I hate the lineup this year, there's basically nobody good... but if you're drunk enough I guess any band would be fine. :party:
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Appreciate what you get. Our Welcome Back concert was... wait for it... Three Six Mafia.

Fortunately, there are a ton of good artists that come to venues in Houston, so I don't have to worry about my school's miniscule budget for bringing artists to come play concerts (they were thinking about bringing K'naan this year, wish they would have done that sooo badly).

Appreciate what you get. Our Welcome Back concert was... wait for it... Three Six Mafia.

Fortunately, there are a ton of good artists that come to venues in Houston, so I don't have to worry about my school's miniscule budget for bringing artists to come play concerts (they were thinking about bringing K'naan this year, wish they would have done that sooo badly).

haha yea i guess it's more personal preference, I preferred the previous year's picks like snoop, p diddy, naz, mia, mgmt, major lazer, etc. This year I didn't really know any of the artists but I guess they can't all be bad (besides Cam'ron, he's not popular anymore, why is he still around?). rest of the lineup is childish gambino, glitchmob, sepulcure, twin shadows, the beets.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    CHILDISH GAMBINO IS COMING? Can I go?

I saw him live a couple weeks ago here at the House of Blues. He is SO GOOD live. I'm actually listening to him right now. I highly recommend you check out his album, Camp, and learn some of the songs and go to his concert. He's really, really good live.

My favorite songs from the concert were Heartbeat, Bonfire, Backpackers, You See Me, Outside, and Sunrise. He also did a really cool trick where he faded to another song (complete with the music video in the background) during one of the song's bridges, then when that song was finished faded back into the first one and finished it. It was really cool.

Please, do yourself a favor and go see him.

CHILDISH GAMBINO IS COMING? Can I go?

I saw him live a couple weeks ago here at the House of Blues. He is SO GOOD live. I'm actually listening to him right now. I highly recommend you check out his album, Camp, and learn some of the songs and go to his concert. He's really, really good live.

My favorite songs from the concert were Heartbeat, Bonfire, Backpackers, You See Me, Outside, and Sunrise. He also did a really cool trick where he faded to another song (complete with the music video in the background) during one of the song's bridges, then when that song was finished faded back into the first one and finished it. It was really cool.

Please, do yourself a favor and go see him.

wow i didn't know he was known for his music; i only know him for his tvspot on community lol. Yea i have tickets, if you want to fly here I can host ya :D
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Yeah he's quickly becoming known for rapping. He's really skilled with wordplay.

I would love to, if I had money and no finals scheduled for next week to study for haha. I could bring Albert!

EDIT: Holy shit I'm currently ranked in the top ten. o_O
    Haha yaaa haven't seen Alberto in forever! Gluck on your finals though, keep that gpa up lol
  • posix%s's Photo
    One of the most meaningful members in the history of the site has announced his departure and people were paying him respect until you guys decided to spam up this topic, which in fact should be about the contest we're currently running.

Way to go.

I will not tolerate this. You either stop or see your posting rights in here removed.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Agreed. If you're going to divert the conversation, keep it to H2H6. No one gives a shit about ice cream you like or the music you enjoy. There are threads for that crap.

I've respected gee since I have become a member here and I am sad to see him go. It would have been nice to work with him eventually but things happen outside of our sites realm that are uncontrollable.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Sincere apologies posix. Sleep deprivation combined with a desire to ease tensions/drama led to a stupid decision. Feel free to delete those posts if you'd like. I didn't intend to take away from the recent event at all. I was just trying to avoid escalation of conflict with that first post, and it got carried away into a conversation; looking back, I definitely should have taken that to a PM. gee's departure shouldn't cause more anger, it should cause people to take a step back and think about their words, and I was worried the former was happening, but I see my actions took things in the wrong direction. As I said, please delete my posts that don't concern the topic of gee's departure.

My original response remains how I feel about the situation. I'll miss gee dearly, just as I'm sure everyone else will.
    Yeah that conversation should've gone to pm, sorry for all that spam.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Out of appreciation for what Curtis has meant to this site...I'm going to save whatever thoughts and comments I might have on this situation for a more appropriate time.
  • trav%s's Photo
    I'm very very interested in seeing what has brought all this on...
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Who's the replacement?
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^I'm betting maverix, if I had to guess.

just thought I'd add:

EDIT: Holy shit I'm currently ranked in the top ten. o_O

top five bitchez!!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading