H2H6 / H2H6 General Topic

• Xtreme97%s's Photo
    I think NEDC should become an annual/bi-annual thing. The release prep is basically the same as a normal design, so it's not very difficult to organize and it's a great way to put out designs before Christmas.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I am down for an NEDC as long as it's not this year. I don't really like needing to theme someone else' layout, but since it's a contest I see the need for it. Would be happy to provide the layout myself, if you guys want? :)
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I say that instead of using a premade layout, we establish a coaster type and bench and everyone is free to build what they would like.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    PC's got the right idea. Making coasters is my favorite part of the game.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    I think that will be good. a certain coaster type be used. and i vote xtreme97s new bench is used.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I think everyone just needs to calm down.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Can't we all just build on our own and have fun?
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    NO GWAZI! WE NEED TO BE COMPETITIVE AND BUILD TOGETHER AND MAKE CONTESTS AND YELL AND FIGHT AND VERBALLY DISGRACE EACH OTHER'S MOMS!!!!!!

Posted Image
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Yeah, I was kinda joking, but now people actually are serious about it, I think an ongoing kind of "thing" (not necessarily a contest, but something with a forced deadline) would be great. I know some people don't need a forced deadline, I for myself don't need one, but for the majority of parkmakers here it has proven in the past it's the only way they finish and release parks. It would only keep this place more alive I think, other than some sporadic releases and screens in the ad district.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    We have an ongoing thing, it's called acolades.

If people like working to deadlines they can set their own deadline for an acolade.

It takes a long time to organise a contest. We planned H2H6 for a while, due to massive demand, when we delivered after so much hard work, a few weeks into the contest no one seemed bothered about it anymore.

Contests are great, but they take a lot of work, and if that work is wasted it's not fun for the organisers.

I'm not saying that H2H6 was by any means bad, but people shouldn't be so quick to demand a contest when one that practically everyone bailed on has just gone.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Well...I think all the people asking for a new contest were actually the people who were active throughout the whole of H2H6 ;) But yeah, I agree it's far too soon for another contest, unless it was something really small just like a 'Build a design in 24 hours' kinda thing.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

We have an ongoing thing, it's called acolades.

If people like working to deadlines they can set their own deadline for an acolade.

It takes a long time to organise a contest. We planned H2H6 for a while, due to massive demand, when we delivered after so much hard work, a few weeks into the contest no one seemed bothered about it anymore.

Contests are great, but they take a lot of work, and if that work is wasted it's not fun for the organisers.

I'm not saying that H2H6 was by any means bad, but people shouldn't be so quick to demand a contest when one that practically everyone bailed on has just gone.

I think H2H6 was a success overall.
    The only bad thing was that it was too long, and that has always been the downfall of all H2Hs I can remember. The finals almost always had unfinished and rushed parks, and only required the top 2 level of players, so after the round robin stage more than 80% of the involved players isn't building anymore which takes away the involvement part. I think if H2H were to be held smaller with more/all players involved until the end stages activity will remain.

But yeah, you're right, just stick with accolades. Other things are just too much work to work, on both sides.
  • posix%s's Photo
    People will always want contests. Check through their profiles and you can easily find the "builds only for contests" people who make up a large part of the community. Not everyone is attracted by the accolades. I would be in favour of a small-scale post-H2H6 contest.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I'm also in favour of it, and you know I am, I was addressing points made by people regarding an ongoing contest, and a large scale contest.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    I think small scale contests lately have been seeing much more success, perhaps due to the community maybe having a shorter attention span than we used to. I think smaller contests that demand quick production and early results will keep things more exciting for both builders and spectators.
  • trav%s's Photo
    I don't think it's that we have a shorter attention span, I think it's more due to the extra effort people have to put into the game to create something they're happy with, effectively burning out the whole community.
  • posix%s's Photo
    ^Yes. I have been worried for a long time that all the crazy detailing is ultimately giving people RCT burn-outs.

Thus I'd just LOVE a NCSO theme-based contest enabling people to actually finish something quickly again. Knowing that all your competitors likewise won't use CSO means you won't feel you're creating something sub-par.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I don't like NCSO, but I do like an archaic bench with mostly objects from 2005 and earlier. More freedom, but still suitable for finishing projects quickly.
  • trav%s's Photo
    That could be quite a cool idea, it would be very different to the sort of thing we're used to at the moment. If that were to happen, I'd still say keep it small like a small design contest though.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    That sounds like a great idea, I'd love to see something like this happen again, even if it was an unoficial contest like QFTB.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading