H2H6 / H2H6 General Topic

• Kumba%s's Photo
    :lol: yeah I am starting to see that you guys are on your game for this. I just misread your post and panicked a little :p
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Kumba, if I end up as player and you as a captain, don't forget something you said a while ago...

I'll pick you if I can get you at the right price. You have a useful skill-set and your only real set-back is your autism and that does not phase me as I have the same thing :nod:
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    In that case, I'm out
  • FredD%s's Photo
    I have to recall my sign up. Sorry, I was a bit too enthusiast when I signed in but now I've been thinking and I think I'm not capable of building something (good) in such a little time. Also, I'm not sure how busy I'll be from april to july so I can't say sure I'll have time for this.
  • trav%s's Photo
    ^Damn, there goes one of the guys I was going to go for.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^^ Don't be so hasty to back out of this, FredD. Remember that you won't be building an entire park...just parts of one. You'll be working with at least one other player (most likely two) at all times and your captain will be able to schedule everyone to fit their availability. Trust me, there's nothing like being a part of H2H....so, I hope you'll reconsider.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    I'm still trying to figure out exactly how this all works as far as the planning and timing and such. either way, very excited to be a part of it and hope i can contribute in anyway i can. :mantis:
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    NOOOO! I was looking forward to your work. You seem to work fast according to Movie World Marseille's topic. Don't retreat because you feel you're not good enough or whatever. Besides, H2H6 wouldn't be the same without a communist involved.
  • posix%s's Photo

your captain will be able to schedule everyone to fit their availability.

What he said.
  • 10ryansmith%s's Photo
    Just so Coupon will stop pestering me...

May I sign up for RCT2? Either NCSO or CSO is fine.
  • molemaster43%s's Photo
    I haven't got much experience, but I figured why not. So, I'm in.

I can use RCT2 NCSO or CSO. If you need to look at some of my parks, here:

http://themeparkrevi...php?f=3&t=61484
    http://themeparkrevi...php?f=3&t=62064
  • 10ryansmith%s's Photo
    Well poop... Ignore me.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    You don't need confirmation. Just say you wanna play and ta-dah, you're in the draft pool.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    While I am sad to see FredD and others drop, there is a reason. I rather see skilled players not sign up then have them try and fail to meet deadlines during the season. If you know finding time to play RCT will be an issue it really is best to take your name off the sign-up.

Tho it is true that your captain can put you in a good spot and work with your schedule. Even if you know you'll have no RCT for a month I think I could work around that... just better not be near the finals...

molemaster43 thanks for posting screen links with your sign-up. I recommend that for all newcomers.
  • CoasterCreator9%s's Photo
    Eh, I don't have much recent, but as a newcomer I might as well dig some stuff out:

http://i282.photobuc...98/SCR723-2.jpg

http://i282.photobuc...98/SCR716-1.jpg

http://i282.photobuc...98/SCR717-1.jpg

http://i282.photobuc...98/SCR720-2.jpg

From a park I recently submitted. I find layouts are my strong point, I enjoy building in all aspects, realistic to fantasy.
  • Psi%s's Photo
    This isn't very recent, and the one building is crap, but I do like it.

Posted Image
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Sign me up.
  • Sephiroth%s's Photo
    Well, I was waiting to reply to this topic because of a few things:

1) I am a slow builder.
    2) I am not on instant chat networks/devices/whatever very much, if ever. I do not plan on using this type of communication in the future.
    3) My computer suffers from the random freezing issue that has been mentioned in the Ask the Experts/Discussion RCT forums. I have tried to run a Virtual Machine but RCT doesn't ever seem to be able to make it all the way through the installation process on a VM.
    4) I have no idea what my future schedule looks like. I have gone for months/years without touching RCT and in all honesty I do not place RCT very high on my priorities list when life gets busy (i.e. I would not be pulling any all-nighters or anything of that nature).
    5) I fundamentally disagree with the majority opinion on the importance of architecture. I am of the opinion that most common types of buildings (shops, restaurants, things of that nature) are both boring to make and to look at in RCT, with more structurally interesting things like skyscrapers and stadiums being the exception. In all honesty I'm not here to make theme parks, I'm here to make towering, monstrous, supersonic, scream-your-lungs-out, ass-kicking rollercoasters (and support structures).

I still have a few days left to make up my mind, but for now I'll just say that I am looking forward to all of the awesome releases as a result of this contest.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Yessss
    I'm in, I do however want to make it clear that I have ZERO time to build in April. I will still be online everyday and will be able to help with planning, etc. during that month, but I won't have access to the game until pretty much May 1st. After that during May, June, and July I will have all the time in the world. I understand if this is reason for concern and results in me not getting drafted but I really do want to be a part of this

Edit: Player, RCT2
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Man....I've been struggling with this for the last two days and I figured I should post my honest thoughts about this whole thing...

I really don't know how I'm gonna react if I'm not able to captain a team in this contest.

The end of H2H5 is something that, no matter what occurs from here on out, will stick with me forever. I've just assumed...with everything that's been said since then that I would obviously be captaining a team in H2H6. The thought of me not doing this had, until the announcement of H2H6, never even crossed my mind.

That being said...again, I honestly don't know how I'll react to not being selected as a captain...to not be able to do what's been in my head for almost three years now. I don't know if I'll have the same motivation. Because, as I've said a thousand times...no one wanted this contest more than me. And, yeah...I don't know that I could trust anyone to have the same desire to win this fucking thing as I have. Not even Kumba.

I know, through IM's, that there are a good number of upper-echelon players that want to be on a team captained by me. They know what I'm gonna bring and they want to be part of it. One even decided to change his status from "playing captain" to just "player" because he wants to be a part of what we'd hang on everyone.

Yeah, I know that I could bring this "kick everyone's ass" attitude and all the planning and shit to any team that drafts me if I'm not captaining....but, I sincerely doubt that anyone has the same draft strategy as me. I know who I want...and for what reason I want them.

Anyway...I just had to get this out of my system before whoever decides the captains makes any final decision.

Or...is everyone just afraid of seeing another team totally dominate like we did in H2H5...sans the final? I learned a LOT from gee.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading