Custom Scenery Exchange / Render8 Custom Scenery Thread

• olddtfan51%s's Photo
    The new lights look great . and i still see a use for the other lights since they do not need to be placed on a path they can be used for car rides and other stuff like that.
  • render8%s's Photo
    Thanks olddtfan. Glad it was of good use. I even thought just doing two versions of the default lamp. One as a wall type and the other maybe as a half or quarter tile object so it can serve other uses than just on paths.
  • render8%s's Photo

removed

• Luketh%s's Photo
    Hahah, that skeleton is saying "paint me like one of your french girls!" :lol:

Seriously, though, those look much better than the game's "spooky" theme. If only more people made spooky parks! D:
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    if you finished that standing skeleton i would like that with the pumpkin you can pm them if you would rather not post them. oh give me the laying skeleton too please.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    These are really 3d-esque again... The skull on the previous page remains by far your best object. That one is really good.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    I don't think the skeleton's fit with RCT graphics. The pumpkins are close, but remind me more of WW than RCT2.
  • render8%s's Photo

removed

• olddtfan51%s's Photo
    It is all looking very good the pumpkin is as close in looks as i think its ever going to get.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Render8 I hope things are going well with your scenery. I hope to see some updates soon i for one don't mind see your frequent posts since there are so few people making scenery except for there park projects.
  • render8%s's Photo
    Thanks olddtfan. Right now I'm just settling into a new house and have been really busy with lots of moving over the last week or so, which is the reason for the lack of updates and quietness on my end. I should hopefully be able to get back on the ball with working on stuff before too long. Thanks so much for the encouragement and motivation. I haven't abandoned ship yet lol.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Glad to hear that good luck with the new house.
  • render8%s's Photo

removed

• Stoksy%s's Photo

It's really great to see more and more people making new objects for RCT, but I personally think that Liampie's method of taking the textures/colours of the original trees in the game are a better way of making 'new' foliage: http://www.nedesigns...-tree-tutorial/

I just think that's this method makes it a lot easier to ensure that the objects 'look' RCT.

• JJayMForce%s's Photo

Haha, that's so cool you got pointers from Simon Foster.  I think the new tree looks fine.

I think a big direction custom scenery should take, if we decide to keep making so many,  is the development of more 1/4 or 1/8 size pieces for building.  Therefore adding more variety and options to one of the biggest aspects of the game, architecture and structures etc.. would be a big benefit to all.  Just giving more options to be creative and make anything, by making more of the little pieces to do so, will change the game, in terms of scenery, in my opinion.  Adding different shapes, tectures, sizes, everything.

• 5dave%s's Photo

I'm so happy we have guys like you Render, who really take the time and make objects - thanks for that! IMO new foliage isn't really that important, but always nice to see more. The tree you made looks nice, but a bit too artificial and bulky - like if someone cutted it down. Maybe some more irregularity and cutouts would be realistic?

What I find most important about custom objects would be a database behind it. If you look at most of the topics in the custom scenery exchange subforum (looking for object A, looking for object B) you know what I mean.

Isn't there a object-database behind NE? If so - how does it work?

"MFG"

• Stoksy%s's Photo

^There is, but the issue with it is that you can only search for the actual .dat name of the file. ie if you were looking for a particular 'type' of object then the database isn't particularly effective [at least from my experiences].

• 5dave%s's Photo

^OK. I hope this can expanded in the future with more database-information like 'ingame name, type (building block, fence, decoration,...), creator,... and so on...

Hopefully an admin will read this, haha!

"MFG"

• render8%s's Photo

Thanks for the feedback guys. I know that tree example was really crap after I took the time to look at it. To be honest, it was really just a generic half assed design just to try out some stuff that simon was pointing out to me. However, trying to duplicate his style from about 15 years ago proves to be a little tricky.

I realize foliage isn't always one of the most sought after things, but I think my problem is, I'm the kind of person that once I get my brain wrapped on something, I can't quit until I achieve what I'm trying to accomplish. This tree challenge is just more of a personal challenge at this point to see how far I can go to achieving the original look of them. I believe once I can crack this challenge, I can apply these techniques to other things like more architectural pieces and whatnot. I will get to that point eventually. :)

Good news though, and I was very excited about this, is I believe I've gotten very close to achieving the look I've been going after for the trees. I was going to hold out for a while before showing these but I was really happy with them and couldn't help myself. 

After lots of retweaking my render settings, some photoshop work, and a little cleanup and colour remapping in the object editor, here's two new trees I've made. They're just random trees I modeled to test for some new ideas I had.

Here's the object editor views.

Tree 1

object_editor_tree_1.png

and tree 2

object_editor_tree_2.png

and a few minutes fiddling in the landscape editor just to feel them out. All the trees in this shot are the ones I did. I thought about throwing in some original trees just to see how they fit but I was in a bit of a hurry.

landscape_editor_1a.png

and just for fun, the 3d viewport of one of the trees before rendering.

3d_viewport_tree_1.png

I really think I'm getting close, if not there. Now hopefully I can use some of these techniques for some more types of foliage in general and then move into building pieces and other things. Hope you guys like and I'd love to hear what you think. :)

• olddtfan51%s's Photo

These look very nice,

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading