(Archive) Advertising District / The Mrbuckeye park thread (official)

• Scoop%s's Photo
    Ok so can someone help me. I have drawn a blank on this part of themeing the coaster. Can someone help spice it up and give me some suggestions.

Attached Image: Spanish 6.jpg

:mantis:
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    How can the water flow under the bridge?
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    ill fix that
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    You need a tunnel around where the coaster dives into the water. Lower the water all the way, build some deco blocks around the coaster coming out, and 0-clearance absolutely and raise water.

I wouldn't keep the small roofs you have there the same color as the coaster, as the coaster's paint job (imo) should make it visible from the area, and add a nice pop of color. Try adding a scenic restaurant by the dive loop, maybe with a balcony on the back for peeps to enjoy the location on the restaurant. What theme are you going for anyway? It is unclear to me, atm.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    im really not sure at the moment. I thought it was going to be a world showcase type park but im not sure
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

more at http://www.rcdb.com

as far as themes and architecture go.Plan and test things.These threads are good

http://www.nedesigns...-little-things/
    http://www.nedesigns...ovement-thread/
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    i'm glad you put "(official)" in the thread title because otherwise if someone stole your stuff and reposted it we would never know which was real
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    The only problem would be if they put official too.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

i'm glad you put "(official)" in the thread title because otherwise if someone stole your stuff and reposted it we would never know which was real

You blew my cover, Cocoa! :lol:

Anyways buckeye, your getting better. keep looking at styles you like to inspire you.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    ok thanks.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    Hey guys. Just wanted to show you this design for some feedback.Its called Lake wylie Cyclone and it is supposed to be one of those old time amusment parks with the coaster on the edge of the lake.

Attached Image: Lake Wylie 1.jpg
    Attached Image: lake wylie 2.jpg
    Attached Image: lake wylie 3.jpg

Yes i realize that i double posted. I meant to.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    triple post
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Don't do this, the admins won't like it and the rest here neither.
    If people want to respond ,they will.
    Kicking up your post to get attention won't fare well over here.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    ok sorry I just wanted somefeedback :(
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Seriously man? If people wanted to comment, they would. The thing is, since H2H has started, the ad district has been constantly spammed with work of this same quality. It's rushed, uninspired, blocky, and just boring. It's evident your using custom scenery, so why not try a bit harder to make something more aesthetically pleasing. Save the admins and accolade panelist time and don't submit this for judging.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    I already did
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Some of the color choices are terrible, like that purple and brown building with the white roof and the bright red building. The layout isn't half bad but could use some work, especially the ending.

Like I've been telling everyone who is asking for feedback... LOOK AT REAL LIFE ARCHITECTURE!! Do you see anything in real-life (that you'd want to replicate in RCT) that looks like what you're building? Probably not! First step: type in your favorite amusement park name into google search. Click images. LOOK at the images for inspiration and PAY ATTENTION to what makes the buildings look pleasing/interesting. Replicate those ideas with your own twist in the game! It's not that hard, really... Don't just build a rectangle, put a roof on it and ask for feedback...

Sorry if this is harsh, it's not only directed towards you mrbuckeye, but I for one am pretty tired of these kind of posts filling the Advertising district. I completely agree with Pacificoaster: try a bit harder. It really isn't difficult if you took your time.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    ok
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Understand we are not saying to give up guys, just put some passion into what you're building.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    trust me i have a load of passion for roller coasters and roller coaster tycoon. :lol:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading