(Archive) Advertising District / The Mrbuckeye park thread (official)

• Ling%s's Photo
    The size is fine, but vary the sizes of other buildings. Change up the facades, like in real amusement parks.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    Well the feel of this is supposed to be a village on coast of somewhere such as south america and is old and starting to deteriate.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    The firetower is likeable, only those walls with beams look a bit strange on it.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Did you just seriously translate vuurtoren to firetower?
    Nice one!
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    :lol: , you're right ,my mistake.
    LIGHTHOUSE.

Is this better? ;)
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Yes.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    This cóúld (read: could) be a breakthrough! Why? Because I see a different attitude ánd a different approach to the game.

Clear improvements you've made imo: You went for another theme with other objects, you used height differences in buildings, you slowly but surely start adding more detail to your buildings (especially referring to the lighthouse) and the buildings feel like there's logic behind their shape and size.

So, lot of good things. What you might still wanna work on: Maybe get some more exciting/interesting shapes in those buildings? It's all so ''in balance'' atm, maybe a bit of boldness is just what you need. Think of whát details go with whát style, the lighthouse now has some details like the posts that feel very classic, whereas the rest of the building is quite modern.

Hope you can keep up the progress ánd the new attitude. :) Good luck.

@Arjan: Dutchifications, we all love them. :)
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ Yeah i know, probably the heat today.(gotta blame something) ;)
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    haha thanks again for all the feedback I'll be back with more screens. Would they have lighthouses back then.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    here is the revamped more torn up "Firetower" (lighthouse). Feedback welcome as always and Enjoy.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Hurricane 6.jpg
    • Attached Image: Hurricane 7.jpg
    • Attached Image: Hurricane 8.jpg
    • Attached Image: Hurricane 5.jpg
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Could stand to be a bit taller, and have a few more colors, if only accents.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Looks promising so far.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    here is the fixed lighthouse

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Hurricane 9.jpg
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    It looks nice to me. Maybe try adding a flame inside the lighthouse. Any of argonath's objects would look great.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    Ok so I know I posted not to long ago but I had a question about this screen. It is supposed to be the remains of a flood because the ride is called Hurricane. Is this not a good Idea or overboard.

:)

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Hurricane 10.jpg
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I think you could do a lot of cool things by "burying" stuff underwater. Some people might object to the coaster touching the water or how it appears the water isnt being held in by anything but its themed to a flood so looks good to me.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Honestly I think mrbuckeye an go pretty far with RCT2, he's improved greatly with these last screens. I agree with Austin 100% about the water. Try something with it!
    :mantis:
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    Ok I promise this is it no more screens after this.
    But this is submergance a ride that takes you through the ruins of the ancient village of Tekka.

Enjoy!!

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Hurricane 11.jpg
    • Attached Image: Hurricane 12.jpg
    • Attached Image: Hurricane 13.jpg
  • MEGAMINDY%s's Photo

Ok I promise this is it no more screens after this.
    But this is submergance a ride that takes you through the ruins of the ancient village of Tekka.

Enjoy!!

I dont think you really want to drown those poor peeps, do you? It sure looks like they are going to have a bad time without diving gear.
  • MikaRCT2%s's Photo
    The splash boats go completely under water which will probably kill every peep in it. You should raise it 1 unit.

EDIT: MM was first...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading