(Archive) Advertising District / Kidron Park

• Fizzix%s's Photo
    I like it. Coincidence that your screen has massive arches the same week an epic pic was posted in the dump? I think not, but I won't lie and say I haven't tried the same thing. Really though, good stuff. Clever trick to make those glass windows, almost thought it was a custom object.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Very good.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    Fizzix: actually, I did this like 2 months ago during Christmas but forgot to post it. But that was an epic screen, nevertheless. Thanks.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    Updated a screeen from Fiesta on the advice of Fizzix and Austin:

before and after

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Wildfire.JPG
    • Attached Image: Wildfire 2.JPG
  • Hex%s's Photo
    You know I love your work. But will you add the rocky wall back to the diagonal path?
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Yeah, I much prefer that. I think it looks ten times better.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    I've been posting in the Dump rather than here, so I thought I would add those pictures. Nothing new technically, but I've been doing a lot of work and I'll post that next week.

In this first picture, ignore the bridge's black supports. It has been changed and is better (I just want to surprise everyone when the park comes out and I'm too lazy to update the picture for a slight change).

Attached Image: Great Northwest plaza1.PNGAttached Image: Wagon Wheel1.PNG
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    That Inn is one sexy piece of NCS architecture. I also quite like the bridge. Looks very nice. :)
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Really nice work man! No complaints from me. Looking forward to seeing more!

-S.C.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    How are the impulse's supports?

Attached Image: Rogue Hearted.PNGAttached Image: log flume.PNG

EDIT: I will be adding the flying turns track to the bottom of the log flume, forgot to do that.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I love those supports!
    Don't know if they're realistic, but cool for sure.
    I'm also digging that waterfall coming out of the lift hill at the splashboats, neat idea.
  • nin%s's Photo
    For the impulse, because the supports are emphasized so much (plus because they're so big in real life), you may want to "double up" on them like so:

Posted Image

Otherwise it's pretty good. Not the biggest fa of that light blue (i prefer the darker alongside orange), but otherwise it's good. The flume screen is awesome too.
  • csw%s's Photo
    I love the flume screen. A park full of that consistency is worth a gold to me.

EDIT: Also, how much time did you spend choosing objects before you started, and how do you choose your objects? Did you choose scenery groups and then delete objects you knew you wouldn't use, or choose all objects out of the list? (This may seem a pointless question, but it will help me!) I always seem to forget those gumdrop thingies that can be used as support caps.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    ^parkdat is your friend
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    lovely work on the water ride.
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    Yeah, the flume ride looks great. I especially like the tunnel on the lift.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Holy mother of Scarlett Johansson that looks amazing.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    nin, bring us more SFoT.

I love the impulse supports but moreover I love every square of that log flume screen. :drool: Something about it just has such a fun vibe to it.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo

nin, bring us more SFoT.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking good man! Really digging the composition in the flume screen.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    Thanks, guys.
    There's more to the flume that you guys will have to see in-game. Appreciate the compliments.
    Csw: I usually make my own bench and booze objects based on pre-game thoughts. So I'm doing a western section, I add almost everything wooden and other objects. I also use more generic objects, but Parkdat does help.
    Nin: I'll experiment with colors and supports. And how is your SFoT project coming? ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading