(Archive) Advertising District / Arjan's Creations Topic

• Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I thought ,let's create a personal work development topic for my upcoming designs or parks.

The Doomed Domain:

I,ve been searching in the darkest depths of my soul lately and found some evil inspiration.
    So i'm going to create a demonic park on an island ,in the midlle of boiling lava . It will be a small park full of evil and darkness ,wich will be named : The Doomed Domain. :woot:

The entrance.

Attached Image: SCR2.JPG

Comments and tips are always welcome.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    fuck yes.

Would be cool to see maybe dueling inverts around this.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    It's too red, I would do the burnt orange. That's just me.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    @ Shotguns? : Thanks. I'm not sure yet about the dueling inverts though (i'm not there yet).
    But thanks for the advice.

@ SuicideCarz : Thanks, i'll change it and see what looks better.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Definitely needs a less harsh water color. But I like the style a lot.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Thanks Ling ,but that's not water, it's lava.
    I've changed the colour of the lava though, and it does look better that way.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    by the way you have insane talent for creating castles.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ Thanks. :)

Sometimes i don't know how i pull it off ,but it just flows out.
    I think i have a feel for castles.
    This will be a difficult project though 'cause i want to give all the buildings/castles a sinister appereance. But i think i made a good start.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    A little update and a question.

Screen first.

Attached Image: SCR1.JPG

A Small part of my minetrain coaster and my first landscaping with landblocks, hope you like it.

The question i have, is about the banked curves from the coaster.
    Personally i'm thinking to replace the banked curves for normal curves, since it would suit better with the theme i'm working with. And it would also be within the limits of the lateral forces, so peeps will still want to ride this one.
    The only thing that's holding me back is the fact how the voters will react when the park will be submitted. I don't wan't to kill my score because of that.
    It's a fantasy based park so, i.m.o. this souldn't be such a problem .

But well yeah ,that's my opinion, now i'm wondering what your opinion will be.
    Please let me know. :)
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    it looks good bro. i would seriously think about just using water though. would be so much better imo. water and foilage. :p as long as the train doesnt travel above 35mph around them then i dont see a problem with unbanked turns.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    thanks for your reply. :)

I've got to think about using water instead of what i used now.
    It would definately change the atmosphere in my park. And i don't think i a good way.
    The park is supposed to be dark and evil and the lava would suit nice in that theme.
    The 'burnt' foilage isn't done yet ,because i want to know how others feel about the curve issue. The curve speed is ok ,but in 'reality' there would be banked curves.

So more replies would be nice.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    Looks great, I don't think that if you change the curves will be a problem, but if the g force is big because of that so is better don't change the curves.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Thanks BC. :)

I'll probably just take out the banked curves, i allready thought about it while designing the ride ,so the curves won't have to much G's.

Too bad so few users responded so far.
    I don't ask much ,do i?
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    ^lol you must understand that the site has quiet periods now and again. :mantis:
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    I love this concept, Keep going buddy. It looks very inspiring :)
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    I like this a lot! Just as long as you finish it:]
    I love seeing parks of this style.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I'm sorry for my impatience.

Thanks a lot for all the replys. :)

Well you know ,when i started this topic ,i barely got response ,so i was feeling a little ignored. Maybe i shouldn't or need to ask questions in the eyes of some users, but sometimes i do ,when i'm not sure about something. I see two accolade panelists between the responses ,so no bad score if i take out the banked curves? :p
    and the water or lava issue, i personally think not to use water ,as it would change everything about this concept and i think it would be so innovatively different to use the lava. But i'm curious what you think. And don't worry ,it will be finished and astounding.
    This park is also a lot smaller then my previous work, wich actually was too big for my motivation, for now.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I think the regular curves would look better there anyway. Keep going.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Lava is fine, flat turns will look better.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Thanks Fizzix and Liampie, and ofcourse everybody else who've responded. Now i know i can continue with this without being afraid that it would be a wrong choice.
    Decent and finished updates will follow in time.
    Only sneak peaks though, i don't want to reveal to much. ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading