(Archive) Advertising District / Arjan's Creations Topic

• Austin55%s's Photo
    I love how the train goes under the building, which is very perilously perched there. This sorta feels like K0NG's work. Very good.
  • Super G%s's Photo
    I like it a lot, nice landscaping, coasterplacing and a nicely placed building.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    I love it! Just one thing, I'm not sure if those white flowers fit with the rest of the theme/landscape, but other than that, this looks great!
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Thanks for the comments everybody, i'm glad you like it. :)

@ SuicideCarz: Thanks, but much more cool stuff is allready in there, but i won't show it, it will be a surprise until it's released. ;)
    I'm only going to post some teasers from this project.

@ salsaontop: There will probably come mist as well there ,but i'm still thinking about that one.

@ J K: I'm pleased to see that you like my work. :)
    I'm going for Gold ,and i hope i'm gonna make it. ;)
    I'm really cracking my head over this project ,it's full of nifty ideas ,interaction etc.
    The coasters are also build with love and dedication ,to make them better then my last park.
    And yes, i didn't see much of this theme either, and it's a theme i like to try. Especially the architecture for this theme is a welcome challenge for me. :)
    Don't worry btw. I've joined NE to show difference. :p

@ Austin55: I hope Kong isn't going to be mad. :p
    I've never used his work for inspiration though.
    I'm only looking at some parks from various users here to find out how to detail my buildings better. And like said before, this is just a tip from the iceberg. ;)

@ Super G: If you like this allready, then you're gonna love this park, i know i do allready. :)

@: BC : The plant with the white flowers is a yucca, wich is a real heat resistant plant, they grow in half deserts. So they shouldn't be a misfit.
    And i'm happy you like it. :)
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    just another cool idea, you can add fog to the bottoms on the waterfalls when it hits the lava
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Technically the water would turn into rock when it hits the lava.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    @ Shotguns? :'I'm allready thinking about that, i said it before to salsaontop as mist ,but fog was maybe a better word, Thanks though. :)

@ chorkiel: You're being over-realistic, how am i supposed to create that?
    Let's just say that the lava is constantly being heated from the core, that there's a circulation or so, happy now? :rolleyes:

Edit :water turning into rock. :SA:
    Ohh.. you mean lava turning into rock when it cooles down.

Edit: Ok sorry for being harsh, but can you also be positive?
  • salsaontop%s's Photo
    ^Yeah I think fog or mist just makes it better. If this was to win gold this would have to be one of the smallest parks ever to do so...
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ Gijssie 1234's park Pinehills Orlando made Gold and it's quite small.
  • salsaontop%s's Photo
    ^I'll search it up. I always find that when a small park wins gold it is a great achievment.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    chorkiel:

Technically, some of it would turn into Obsidian ;P
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ Volcanic glass yeah, but if you're intelligence is well developed, then you can also understand that the small quantity of water is no comparison to the large quantity of lava that it makes contact with. As a result the lava probably wouldn't even be cooled ,just like a drop of water falling in a hot pan. ;)
  • trav%s's Photo

chorkiel:

Technically, some of it would turn into Obsidian ;P

Dat Minecraft
  • posix%s's Photo
    Reminds me of Phatage's Fright Nights.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ I can only hope it's going to please you when submitted. ;)
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    If this is submitted for a park. Then i can only see it maybe getting bronze just from the size of the map. Its looking good arjan,

I see alot of comments about obsidian and other shit, not being realistic. Its clearly fantasy with a somewhat realistic building style. Lets be honest here if everyone was being super critical we could say the ride tracks would melt because its based in a lava lake.

Just take it for what it is, Some nice work with a rare concept. I look forward to seing this finished. Will it be a gold ? i doubt it, Silver ? probably not, Bronze ? maybe just maybe.

Good luck with it.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Thanks, but no Bronze, i won't settle for that.
    You haven't seen the best parts of this park btw. ;)
  • trav%s's Photo
    For me personally, the jagged landscape is really holding it back. There are better ways to make it look 'hectic' and destroyed without making it look completely random.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ I can see what you mean.
    I've got to think about that one.
    Good point, thanks. :)
  • Ruben%s's Photo

Thanks, but no Bronze, i won't settle for that.
    You haven't seen the best parts of this park btw. ;)

Sorry for saying this, but then you should réálly step up your game. Right now I see this as a possible bronze max. Why?

There's fun ideas in it, for sure. And the coaster layouts are quite decent. My problem with it is that the foliage seems off, furthermore there is an overall lack of detail and of variety. A lot of it just looks quite ''the same'', standard archy with standard shapes, all brown surface etc. Also, some things just aren't logical. Why is there water streaming into the lava and it's all cool? Shouldn't it be boiling and stuff if something like that'd happen?

I like your ambition, but in that case I also want to help you the óne way I can: Ask you to be realistic. If you want to aim higher than bronze then you'll have to step up, how? Some suggestions:

-The buildings are very square and 2009-ish. Nowadays the standard is to involve 1/8th, 1/16th and even 1/32th detailing to buildings, as opposed to the long-held standard of 1/4th. So your archy could use more refinement, detail, more interesting shapes etc.
    -Break the brown. There's simply a lot of bare brown surface. Now I get the whole theme and all, but you could still break that with sandy plains, rocksides etc. There are other options to create this feel than just dirt.
    -Keep a coherent foliage plan. Whích treas/shrubs are you using, and why? What does it do for the atmosphere? How dense should the foliage be for this kind of map? If you've thought about those kinds of questions all you've gotta do is keep it coherent throughout and keep these questions in mind at all times.
    -Think about whý something is there, hów it looks the best and whát could make it look even better. Especially for this more fantasy kind of parks things like ride-path interaction, over-the-top landscaping and cool sculptures push the park to the next level. I miss those sort of ''extra's'' as it seems you don't pass the standard Rides, Buildings and landscaping line.

Really, I want to see you grab that silver or even gold, but if you want to do so than I can only tell you: please listen to me and other builders or it won't happen. You have the potential, but you'll need to keep improving to reach that level. Don't get me wrong, I find this project highly interesting and 'fun', but to be more than bronze it should do more than that. I believe you can pull it off, and I see you do, so now just make it happen! :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading