(Archive) Advertising District / GoldRush

• ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Just thought i would start this topic, Only got one screen for now. Its basically the same i showed in the dump but with a bit more progress.
    Posted Image

Anyway. Hopefully i can make fast progress on this... But im not holding my breath.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I like it, but I can tell you've been taken under KONG's wing. Might wanna splash some more color in there, some more reds would do nice I think.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    The red coloring on the roof over the coaster seems out of place... I like the rusted style though, maybe just try that and the wooden steps - try not to over-complicate things?
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    Agreed. A bit brown. Also, I get what are you going for with the grey/red/brown roof thing, but IMO it doesn't look good. Stick to a solid color.
  • salsaontop%s's Photo
    I like it but as already said maybe a little more colour a type of green or more red. :)
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I agree, color is a must. don't be afraid to make the walls green or turqoise or red or orange or really anything, frankly. also, remember to leave enough room above peep's heads or it just looks a bit awkward. I would have raised those buildings a few tiles and the balconies a couple tiles too. also, make the rails a different shade of brown, or maybe even dull red or something.

but regardless, nice work, looking forward to more improvement from you.
  • verti%s's Photo
    After you had the dump-place screen based on a COD level, I expected this to be modeled after the fantastic Enemy Territory map. I am quite disappointed.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    This looks really nice dude, I like the new buildings :)
    Cheers for the constructive criticism people. I will have a look and see what i can do with it. The reason why im going for the brown and "dull" colours is because the theme isnt exactly colourful, But yeah it could use some different colours.

@Verti: I dont know the enemy territory map your talking about sorry.
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    What's going on with the trims on top of the roofs? Are you going for something in particular?

-disneylhand
    Nothings "going on" with them they just sit there and dont move :p If you asked why are they there, Im doing an abandoned mine theme ... And these trims on the building are a common feature of buildings like this.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I really like the buildings shapes, foliage, and terrain change looks nice. But I have to agree that the textures and colours somehow are what take away from this being 5 stars.
    Maybe if its a mine, some miney details like rocks or drills an stuff might help?

looking at pictures of abandond mines you could do some really cool stuff!
    http://fc09.devianta...hemicalAlia.jpg
    http://www.urbanghos...ndence-Mine.jpg
    http://www.trickfist...ce7693dfe74ff07
  • JR-Imagine%s's Photo
    Indeed more colour and it would be fantastic!
    Thanks for the pics austin and for the comment, I personally dont think its near 5* but cheers.

You to JR.

I had some time tonight to build and made some progress but nothing substantial enough to show. maybe by the end of the week i might have a screen. Im having some problems with stuff. so anybody that is willing to help PM me and i will give details of whats what.
    Just thought i would upload an updated screen that i posted in fiesta.
    Posted Image
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Those kumba roofs are my main problem, there over used and hardly fit in with a western theme. Those wooden roofs look much better imo
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Cool rollercoaster, not so cool rollercoaster colours.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    i like it but i cant help feel how much better it would look with drastic elevation.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    This right here ^
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I think there's much too much brown. Like it otherwise, except maybe for the coaster colors.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading