(Archive) Advertising District / GoldRush

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    This just keeps getting shittier and shittier.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I don't understand the premise of the new age stage within this theme.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    someone is friends with kong :p

good work though
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Some stuff like the carrousel remind me of K0NG, and that's not a bad thing. It's a very good screen.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Great screen, except for the stage.

Like pac already pointed out, it doesn't fit the theme. Other than that, it must be terrible when you're listening to some good music and some coaster passes by, think like, your mom comes in with the vacuum cleaner times ten. It will be hard for the band to keep their focus when that thing comes soaring by. The idea is great, but the placement is terrible.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    also the space for the audience is way too small
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Cheers people :)
    Btw.... It's a beer garden, not a concert arena. It has a small, fenced in area that's used for different things. Like drinking booze. Right now, it has a small temporary, fair-like stage set up for a summer, local band showcase. It would be real hard to find a temporary stage that fits a mining town theme, don't ya think? Besides, local bands like Planetary Archive that are just trying to get their music heard and hoping people in the audience don't spontaneously combust aren't going to give a fuck that a coaster, or my mums vacuum is going by every so often. Am I right SSSammy? :p
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    what if macklemore is playing there
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    This is mining country, Macklemore would get his ass kicked.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    not if he only played this song
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

also the space for the audience is way too small

the space is great. Nobody would listen to a band in the middle of a coaster anyway.

Seriously, I'm not sure if there are more parks that have a lot of stages, but if you really want to have a stage, you should look at Walibi Holland, they have stages across the whole park because their park is themed to a song contest or whatever. They don't place their stages in the middle of a coaster because that really doesn't work. The coaster is too loud and every band would hate it if their music gets interupted by a fucking coaster.
  • 111112oo%s's Photo
    The main path seems a bit off contrast with the rest, I see where you're coming from seeing the goldrush theme, go for something more dirt like.
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    As I've said before in this topic, I actually like the path. I would keep it. As for the stage it doesn't add or take away for me. It's out of theme but it still looks semi-ok in that spot.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    I assumed the stage wouldn't be used when the coaster was operating. Like, the coaster gets shut down at 7 on some nights because this hip new band that's playing will bring in more people at that time than keeping the coaster running an extra 2 hours. I also kinda like the path. I'm imagining it as something sandy, and it kinda fits the western theme going on. Its also pretty refreshing to see a path type that isn't common.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    ^If that's the case, then the pit is waayy to small.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I think you guys are overthinking this. A stage in the middle of the coaster just looks cool.
  • 111112oo%s's Photo
    Cause we have future technology in the goldrush era to drown out the noise of a really old invention :the roller coaster,

cool, not hot like a sterotypical mining field

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading