(Archive) Advertising District / Six Flags Gulf Shores

• RctAddict%s's Photo
    Nothing is 100%, but here is some work so far.

Attached Image: SCR5.pngAttached Image: SCR6.pngAttached Image: SCR8.png
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    Possibly New RCTNW? :p

Love the last screen btw.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    The CD and speaker objects look terrible.
    I wanna see some rides!
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Your scale is... large.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    very nice work for someone who just joined a few days ago! I do think that the entrance does need a bit more detailing and structure to liven it up though.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Wow, pretty promising stuff. My best tip for now would be to download more (more detailed) objects and create a bench with smaller building blocks. The shapes are there, but they're just missing refinement. :)

As I said, very promising. Looking forward to more. :)
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Very nice, i have no other comments then the one posted allready. :)
  • RctAddict%s's Photo
    I agree with it needing more refinement. What I'm struggling with is the happy medium between enough detail to running out of objects. It would be nice if the game showed how many objects you had remaining to use. I look at the Hyatt park though, and it makes me feel a little better. He had to of used up quite a bit of objects using so many small art deco pieces.

Do you mean my scale is large as in relation to the game people?

I have no problem making coasters, as some are already made for this park. I'm still in the editor though. What I hope to gain from here besides the constructive criticism is the hacks.

I'm going to take my time on this park, and redo things as many times as needed. Thanks for the comments so far!
  • Ruben%s's Photo

I agree with it needing more refinement. What I'm struggling with is the happy medium between enough detail to running out of objects. It would be nice if the game showed how many objects you had remaining to use.

You really needn't worry about this yet. Your style has to get a lót more detailed before that becomes an issue. And even then it rarely ever happens in 150x150 maps and such, mostly in bigger parks.

Furthermore, the game doesn't have that function but the 8cars trainer does. ;) It has a ''count objects'' functions showing you the amount of objects used and the max amount of objects. Always be sure not to get scared off by how many objects you've used and how little you've built in the first stages, as you'll have to deduct one used object per landtile (so a 150x150 park automatically starts at 22.500 used objects) before you know how many objects you've ''really'' used up.
  • RctAddict%s's Photo
    Thanks Ruben!

Here's a coaster I finished. Stand-up Twister I've named 'Tiger'.Attached Image: SCR5.pngAttached Image: SCR6.png
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Very spread out. Very random. I'm not a fan of the vertical drop or top hat on a B&M.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ''Do you mean my scale is large as in relation to the game people?''

Don't worry about that, it's fine and it shows different perspectives.
    I personally like huge structures as well. ;)
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    I like the buildings, escpecially the hotel. The layout isn't bad but like Ling said it's a bit too spread out and random. I'd swap the vertical drop, top hat and hill for a twisting drop like on most B&M's to make it look more realistic.
  • RctAddict%s's Photo
    I went with a vertical drop because it offers something different from the other coasters going in the park....same as the top hat. Plus, I'm not putting in a vertical drop coaster.

I don't see it as random or spread out, let alone VERY random or VERY spread out. The queue will enter under the top hat continue straight, and fit inbetween the 2nd big loop and 2nd corkscrew area. This makes it compact....so compact actually, not much more can fit besides foliage. Also, the empty square area by the top hat and 3 loops makes room for anything...altogether making a nice rectangle.

As for random.....After a nice intense first drop and huge top hat, I thought a smooth hill would give your breath back, and then head back into some loops(Riddlers Revenge does basically 4 loops in a row)I made 3. Next hits a block station....2 corkscrews, and 2 figure eights finishing it off. I made it this way on purpose, not randomly.

I will take a second look....I didn't want to add a twist, because some of the other coasters in the park already do this, was just trying to keep it different and have different features from the others.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Parks called Six Flags with rides that aren't six flags bother me.
    Either drop the name, and build to your own accord without restrictions of the real park, I'd recommend this.
    Or retheme the ride to something more likely to be seen at a Six Flags park. This isn't as fun.
    Of course this isn't always true, but you know.
  • RctAddict%s's Photo
    Since everyone seems to hate that one I won't put it in the park...How about this one?

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: SCR8.png
    • Attached Image: SCR9.png
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    That is wáy better already. :) Major improvement.

Good to see you taking criticism and doing something with it.
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    For the most part i love this design, my only complaint is in between the 2 corkscrews. that turn doesn't seem right.Im not sure what you could do there but i don't like the way it looks. Everything else flows beautifully.
  • SixFlagsTexas1994%s's Photo

Parks called Six Flags with rides that aren't six flags bother me. Either drop the name, and build to your own accord without restrictions of the real park, I'd recommend this.

Just my thoughts too...I can see the gulf shores, but not the Six Flags. Maybe it's because it's unfinished for now, but it seems more on the lines of a resort (or perhaps your going for that :) ?)
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I disagree with Mattk48 on that one - the turnaround is pretty much just a classic ripoff of the interlocking corkscrew turnaround that comes with RCT2, and that's just fine. Cobra roll seems a little weird, but my only real concern is your final brake run. So long as you have space to adequately slow a train, and then hold two trains behind the station, then it's fine, it just looks like you have one extremely long single stretch.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading