(Archive) Advertising District / 't Rooyseland

• Sven%s's Photo
    Hello,

Some of you will know me, some don't. I've been active on Dutch forums in the past, but started again recently. Here's a park I've been working on, based upon Avonturenpark Hellendoorn.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope you like it.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Great to see you active! The screens are very minimal, I like your themed parks way more. But it is by no means bad, and who knows what happens in the next update? I hope you'll make some pretty things again. Welcome back!
  • posix%s's Photo
    It's nice and has a certain charm but it's also extremly simple and unrefined. You need to make your game more complex. More difficult designs, more intricate rides, more interesting ideas.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    ^agreed.

It's good work with (as posix said) a nice, small-park charm. But I feel like I'm not taking anything away memorable. Try to be different with your work.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    I've been waiting for this. :o

No seriously, I've been checking whether you were active on ány site quite frequently. Clearly your style is a bit outdated, but I can still see that lovely atmosphere that I've always adored in your work.

To me, this is the best rct-related surprise of the last couple of months. Hope you can stay active and motivated!
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Yeah Sven is back! Are you planning comebacks on the Dutch forums too? I still remember your Walibi recreation that never was finished, back then at De Vijfzintuigen, or was that an other sven?
  • SixFlagsTexas1994%s's Photo
    Atmosphere has a simple charm to it, something I personally struggle with.
    However, It may be just me but the corkscrew coaster is odd looking in layout terms, but somehow still interesting
  • FredD%s's Photo

Atmosphere has a simple charm to it, something I personally struggle with.
    However, It may be just me but the corkscrew coaster is odd looking in layout terms, but somehow still interesting

All Vekomacoasters are looking odd in layout terms, so a nice realistic job ;)
    Good to see you back, those screens has a charming atmosphere but they're a bit too minimalistic for me. Try to build more details, KIU.
  • Marino%s's Photo
    Simplicity is not stupidity. Those screens are great because they're simple and not overly detailed and complex. It doesn't have to be meticulous in order to be a good park. And you can see you've thought about where to place what to make it simple and exciting (and not dull).

Good to see you again, Sven!
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    More Dutch.
  • Sven%s's Photo
    Build some more. I did a smal Western area, an Old Timer Ride and a GCI based Wooden Coaster. I did try to add some theming this time, but still very rusty at it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope you like it.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Yes, this is more like it! The western town and the car ride are great. Also love the path along the railroad in the last screen and the small shop (second screen, top right corner). The two coaster stations though, I don't like those as much. You can do better. The woodie's station is incredibly blocky and uninspired and the mine train just needs some colour and a better tower (windows are in an akward position, as if the building is slightly too high. More windows or lower roof?).

Overall it's still great though. The saloon with the seats give off a perfect themepark atmosphere.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    I love the western town. Excellent work man.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    this is nice. very tasteful version of the "dutch style".
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    I really like this so far Sven. The new buildings in the western area look really nice. Great job.
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    Sexy.
    Cool idea using side friction track as a bridge for the car ride
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    ^I agree, I liked that too. :)
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Those last few screens look VERY nice! Great atmosphere, nice architecture and nice pathing. Keep going :)
  • Sven%s's Photo
    I didn't like the wooden coaster station so I started over.

Posted Image
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    good decision Sven, don't hesitate to re-do it. like this. it always will be much better than previous one as a result.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading