June - LL Only

July - Open Round

August - Duo Only

September - Open Round

October - NCSO Round

November - Wild Card Round, Any of Above

December - Championship Round

2013 Contest Rules

Please post any questions you have. You can start building any time. If you have already posted a screenshot of something you want to use that's ok, but from now on, no posting screens. Just send me your screens and I'll post them on the 21st of each month... even this month if we get anything.

Expect the first releases late January.

Enjoy :mantis:
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    So surely November being a 'Wild Card Round, Any of Above' that just makes it an Open Round as an Open Round is Open, therefore can be anything?
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    hey, Open Round means free concept? we can build anything?
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Fuck yeah!! When are the deadlines? Like januarys entries must be turned in by the 31st of that month? I'm assuming?

-Josh
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Are we allowed track outside of the map for hacking purposes if it's invisible?
  • trav%s's Photo
    I think Wild Card means he will decide closer to the time.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Louis - Not quite. I guess the only real difference is that you can have a duo micro in the wild card round, but not in the open round.

Pierrot - Yes, you can build whatever you like in any round. No theme or ride requirements in this contest. The only rule is the size must be micro, 20x20 or 25x25 for a duo/the championship. 7x7 is the max size for the "Tiny" round in February.

Corkscrewy - The deadline is the 27th of each month, but it's the 25th in February.

Xtreme97 - Yeah invisible stuff will not count towards your tile count.

trav - Not sure what you mean? Wild Card round just means you can send in anything that had been an objective in earlier months.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    ^ that's fantastic, this is my game :p
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    btw I should point out here the biggest rule change from last season:

- NO public screenshots may be posted of your entry. Posting them publicly will result in your highest score being lower to the lowest possible score. It will hurt your changces of winning. What you can do is email or PM your screens to Kumba, who will post them annomously on the 21st of each month in a Monthly Micros preview topic. In the case of an NE Fiesta you may either send in your screens or post them in a topic created by Kumba for the NE Fiesta. It's up to you weather you want to say that you made a screen or not.

Also if you joined the proboards forum we made, sorry but it will be deleted soon and we will need to ask you to re-join a newer board we intend to use from now on.

I say we because K0NG has been giving me a lot of help with the site. Still I want to be clear that it's my site. As I have told him, I am Obama and he's Biden. I am Batman and he's Robin. I am LeBron and he's Kobe :p

Oh and I am having an issue updating the homepage, so I'll post here once it's fixed. Should be showing Monthly Micros 2013 as site news.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    ^You're the Shrek to his Donkey then, right?

Can't wait for this, though I've never done a map like this before. Hopefully I can find some time before the 27th. I assume there's no set workbench or anything?
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Will there be a bench we need to use? Or do we have to take care of that by ourselves?
    And does it have to be 15 by 15 or is the 5x25 for the total of tiles?
    And may they be smaller in the open rounds?

I'd love to do one of these!
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Interesting and exiting. :)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well, we did have workbenches for the first MM. If I have the time maybe I'll make one for this version of the contest, but anyone is welcome to.

The entry does not need to be a 20x20 box. It can be 5x35, 15x25 or whatever. Like H2H's limits its more about how many tiles you use. In the open rounds it can be no more than 400.

RCT2day, the first deadline is the 27th of January 2013 I hope that's enough time for you :lol:

I decide to announce the contest now to give everyone a lot of time to plan or plan to work with someone on a due.
  • 10ryansmith%s's Photo
    I have one: can I ask for help from someone? I'm one W7 and can't merge. (MOM doesn't work either) could I ask someone to merge for me or would that be a no-no?
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    I'll be looking forward to this. It'll be exciting to see new micro parks.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Looking forward to actually participating in this one. Hopefully I won't be too busy, but only time will tell.
  • Ling%s's Photo

I have one: can I ask for help from someone? I'm one W7 and can't merge. (MOM doesn't work either) could I ask someone to merge for me or would that be a no-no?

You might either want to stick to participating in the Duo/Wild Card months, or select ideas that don't require extensive hacking.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    so is this like a head to head contest.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Guys before you ask about contest rules, maybe READ THE CONTEST RULES

Pretty much every question is answered there. Someone doing a hack for you is fine and will not count as a duo.

Fizzix I expect you will have time as you already have more than a year just to build a micro for the November round.

It's not a head-to-head contest. We get a bunch of entries each month and the best one wins.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    oh sorry

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading