(Archive) Advertising District / Monthly Micros Preview

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Below I will be adding screens each month as a preview to upcoming rounds of Monthly Micros 2013. Please DO NOT post any screens yourself. Please send them to me and I will add them. While I prefer entries be anonymous, you may reply saying you built on a screen that is posted.

Screens will be posted on the 21st of each month. The January round's entries are due January 27th.

November 2012 preview:

Posted Image
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    this is pretty cool. Can't wait to see what comes of it.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I like what I'm seeing! I'm not sure who made it, and that makes it even more awesome. Please keep the screens anonymous!
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Looks very (dare I say it?) K0NGesque
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    You don't speak of that round these parts...

haha i'm just wondering what the hell that wooden building on the right is?

-Josh
  • 111112oo%s's Photo
    That's a nice atmosphere there.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo
    Psssh. This doesn't stand a chance against my "secret weapon." ;)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Just so you guys know, I did not get any screens for a preview this month. Not a surprise with the NEDC2 in full swing, but I would expect things to pick up next month.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Nobody starts a micro so far in advance.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ I'm still in ,only Nedc is priority now.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Obviously someone did.. Hence the screen.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Ok guys, two weeks till the first deadline of Monthly Micros 2013!

I have updated the screenshot preview rules:

- No one can publicly post their own screen
    - Screens can only be posted by Kumba in this topic (or a new Fiesta topic I'll start, next time we have one)
    - Screens can be posted at any time (not just once a month)
    - Once your screen is posted you may not say that you made it... brag on AIM if you must

I think anonymity will help the contest.

You can PM or email me your screens. That or email them to parkmakers@gmail.com
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    We have 3 entries in for January and there is still about 24 hours left until the deadline.

Here is another preview screen:
    Posted Image
  • Super G%s's Photo
    That's some cool LL.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Apparantly the (vaguely written) contest rules state that I cannot post screens myself, but I CAN reveal that I made this screen. "It's up to you weather you want to say that you made a screen or not. "

Whatever. So I'll say it again: guess the movie.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    The Matrix.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    In the post above what is apparently your screen:

- Once your screen is posted you may not say that you made it... brag on AIM if you must

So I guess you just shot yourself in the arse.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Well, the contest is organized by Parkmakers.com, and I read the rules over there.

- NO public screenshots may be posted of your entry. Posting them publicly will result in your highest score being lower to the lowest possible score. It will hurt your changces of winning. What you can do is email or PM your screens to Kumba, who will post them annomously on the 21st of each month in a Monthly Micros preview topic. In the case of an NE Fiesta you may either send in your screens or post them in a topic created by Kumba for the NE Fiesta. It's up to you weather you want to say that you made a screen or not.

Source: http://parkmakers.com/2013mmrules.php

The last sentence can be interpreted in several ways, and when you look purely to what the rules say it makes most sense that you can reveal yourself anytime. I didn't shot myself in the arse, I made a micro and had fun with it; if Kumba decides to sanction me for doing this he shoots himself in the arse by ruining his contest with rules that in addition to being poorly written, differ from source to source.

Faas is pretty close.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Inception.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Iron Sky.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading